Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best possible all round gear for timewalking?

Hija, with the addition of timewalking Cataclysm, the guides I did manage to find are outdated in a way.

I would like to know which items are now the best to be able to use in all of the timewalkers, the only thing I can think of at the moment is a Sha touched weapon and the legendary cloak.

Any ideas?

The Throne of Thunder T15 2-set is extremely strong, at least in BC Timewalking. Was doing 10-15% of my dps overall and did as much as 50% on a boss fight.
    Last edited by Lakeyghostlands; 2015-12-12 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Mis-quoting wrong percentages.

Here is what I have been using for all time walking.

Helm - t14 heroic (has to be heroic for legendary meta gem)
    Shoulders - t14
    Cloak - legendary
    Chest - t13
    Bracers - hunter-killer
    Gloves - t18 lfr
    Legs - t13
    Boots - t18 lfr
    Rings - anything with sockets really
    Trinket - mirror
    Trinket - engineering trinket with 3 engineering sockets or boa vers trinket
    Weapon - sha touched weapon

This set up gives you 3 different tier set bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglar View Post
    Here is what I have been using for all time walking.

Helm - t14 heroic (has to be heroic for legendary meta gem)
    Shoulders - t14
    Cloak - legendary
    Chest - t13
    Bracers - hunter-killer
    Gloves - t18 lfr
    Legs - t13
    Boots - t18 lfr
    Rings - anything with sockets really
    Trinket - mirror
    Trinket - engineering trinket with 3 engineering sockets or boa vers trinket
    Weapon - sha touched weapon

This set up gives you 3 different tier set bonuses.
    Looks good! Though I wont step in LFR ever.. ill gotta figure out what to do with the gloves and boots.

Tier 14 itself also 4 set bonus looks good if it has a good proc, BM will use both arcane shot and multishot quite frequently!
    Last edited by Jin; 2015-12-12 at 09:11 AM.

Why would you use magtheridon's belt when it's like 200 Ilvl behind in cata tw? Best belt is probably the one from 6th boss in DS, belt of the loyal companion. One of your rings should be the 715 epic version of the wod legendary, it procs for 15% agility and doesn't get scaled down to shit like the legendary's on-use. Also im fairly sure any socketed neck from cata or later (tot magaera neck, or terra cotta neck) has more total agi than the two socket one. Yindoo's set was probably made before cata tw was a thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon
    Why would you use magtheridon's belt when it's like 200 Ilvl behind in cata tw? Best belt is probably the one from 6th boss in DS, belt of the loyal companion.
    Terror Pit Girdle +18 Agility - Itemlevel 125, does not get scaled up in cata TW
    Belt of the Beloved Companion +16 Agility - Itemlevel 397, scaled down to 300 in cata TW = +14 Agility

Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon
    Also im fairly sure any socketed neck from cata or later (tot magaera neck, or terra cotta neck) has more total agi than the two socket one.
    Necklace of the Deep +15 Agility - Itemlevel 100, does not scale up in TW
    Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Archer +35 Agility - Itemlevel 535, scaled down to 300 in cata TW = +13 Agility

you might wanna check stuff before making suggestions
    Last edited by mmoc9aad74b9e3; 2015-12-14 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Terror Pit Girdle +18 Agility - Itemlevel 125, does not get scaled up in cata TW
    Belt of the Beloved Companion +16 Agility - Itemlevel 397, scaled down to 300 in cata TW = +14 Agility

Necklace of the Deep +15 Agility - Itemlevel 100, does not scale up in TW
    Necklace of the Terra-Cotta Archer +35 Agility - Itemlevel 535, scaled down to 300 in cata TW = +13 Agility

you might wanna check stuff before making suggestions
    Okay so the Necklace of the Deep is in fact better then Terra Cotta, or Quadra-Head brooch, damn.. Gotta remake my own list now haha....

The 9 crit and haste wont do much for it then ?
    Last edited by Jin; 2015-12-14 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Helm: T10
    Neck: Crafted Jewel Neck with 2 Sockets
    Shoulders: T13
    Cloak: Legendary
    Chest: T13
    Bracers: Crafted DS Wrists
    Gloves: T10
    Waist: Magtherion
    Legs: CoT Thrall Instance
    Ring: 715 Legendarying + ICC Exalted Ring
    Trinkets: Blademaster+Alchi/Gnomes/Xuen
    Weap: Lei Shi with Socket + Gem
    I do agree for most part of this but but i must question the Tiers choices.
    I'll want a Helm socketed with the legendary metagem and considering T15 2set piece summons a dragonhawk that does huge amounts of dmg wouldn't that make a T15 helm with the said socket and a random other T15 piece better than having T10 or T13
    Idealy you want items with as much sockets as possible kind a like CM gold Runs in MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Okay so the Necklace of the Deep is in fact better then Terra Cotta, or Quadra-Head brooch, damn.. Gotta remake my own list now haha....

The 9 crit and haste wont do much for it then ?
    i doubt that they have a big impact on your DPS, bosses die so fast i'd assume that raw agility is better

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Consider Fluid Death, Vial of Shadows, and Humming Blackiron Trigger for trinkets.
    Also, consider that the Cata cogwheels are worth more stats if you're an engineer and using the Ghost Iron Dragonling. (42 vs 38)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Most underated neck in all TW levels

http://www.wowhead.com/item=34679/sh...ndant-of-might

100AP proc (aldor exalted) is great at all scaling levels, even ones post BC- for comparison the ICC ring only grants 35 AP in BC TW.
    A man chooses, a Slave obeys. OBEY! - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is also worth noting for newer players, that the items from the MoP legendary quest (Legendary meta/300 stat gem for sha weapon/cloak) are no longer obtainable if you did not unlock them back before WoD. Wrathion no longer offers the quest chain that allows these items to be unlocked. So you will have to find alternatives for those items.

Have to go save up some aldor rep! Good find!

Now I'm confused. So what's the best timewalking MM set I should farm?
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    THIS is what i am running my TW dungeons with, don't know if BiS

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Now I'm confused. So what's the best timewalking MM set I should farm?
    I think based on how TW dungeons goes, BM is mostly overall better ? But MM will be fine, i think its mostly tiers that you gotta look at, so for MM I would choose the dubble focus steady shot and then something that boosts Chim, i know there is one, just dont know which tier.

*edit, tier 14

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    I think based on how TW dungeons goes, BM is mostly overall better ? But MM will be fine, i think its mostly tiers that you gotta look at, so for MM I would choose the dubble focus steady shot and then something that boosts Chim, i know there is one, just dont know which tier.

*edit, tier 14
    i HIGHLY doubt that BM is better than MM in TW, maybe for trash but not for bosses

Lei Shen legs probably better than old hillsbrad foothills atleast for cata and wrath, has a good bit more agi because of socket bonus. They have better agi in all versions of tw, but in bc tw the secondaries might make foothills one still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    i HIGHLY doubt that BM is better than MM in TW, maybe for trash but not for bosses
    I think because of the stats, crit mainly, but I dont know... ill have to do some real dungeon tests with that!

Dont have acces to tier 16, darnit. I deleted them because of the uglyness, never knew about TW ofc so yea.. Going to try for tier 13 and 14 and become a Chim spammer, together with most of the things Yindoo said and maybe some other bits like Aldor and ICC rep. Second trinket I still gotta find, many options ofc. Don't have engineering sadly.