Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sometimes I wonder if the left secretly supports guns and gets a cut whenever they threaten the second amendment.

Would be a nice gig. Look like a hero but earn bank from gun sellers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    As someone that's currently looking into local regulations and safety/use classes, I must ask - what's everyone like as a good starter model?
    Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 pump shotgun.

As someone that's currently looking into local regulations and safety/use classes, I must ask - what's everyone like as a good starter model?
    For a starter handgun I would get a 357 revolver. You can use the 357 magnum ammo or 38 ammo which has a lot less recoil. Revolvers are also pretty much fool proof and your shells stay in the weapon instead of ending up all over the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Gun sales soar everytime Obama threatens to take them all away from law abiding citizens.
    Plot twist: that was his intention the whole time.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I looked at what the OP quoted and just saw "sales".

I took a swing and missed.
    Even if you were right in your swing, maybe people shouldn't be allowed to purchase guns to give as gifts o.0

Yea dude, pretty much every CITY in California has a will not issue policy without a good reason. For concealed carry*
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a pistol, you can't go wrong with a 9mm. Please don't believe the 40S&W/45ACP people when they say bigger is better, they clearly haven't seen any tests performed with modern hollow points... They all perform more than adequately, and 9mm is easier to control, easier to handle(smaller grip helps people with smaller hands and less recoil), can have larger magazines if you want, and cheaper to shoot (which means cheaper to practice and train with).

What really matters is this:

1. What are you looking for? A pistol, rifle, or shotgun?

2. What do you want to do with it, concealed carry, hunting, home defense, all of the above(you'd need more than one gun for that last one, sorry)?

3. How much are you looking to spend. You can spend as little as ~$330 (USD, not sure where you are) for a Canik TP9 V2, which is a cheap 9mm that I have heard nothing but good about.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2015-12-12 at 07:26 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    If you want a pistol, you can't go wrong with a 9mm. ut.
    I like your sig.

I want a keltech ksg honestly. They look like something out of star wars.

http://modernwarriors.com/product/kel-tec-ksg-shotgun/

Then you need your shotgun bed rack.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Then you need your shotgun bed rack.
    That is the last thing I would ever use, if someone snuck up on you in the middle of the night they would clearly see that. The under desk pivot mount and the soft touch wall panel is probably the best storage.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2015-12-12 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Where? Who? When?
    Please don't be dense. Yes many propose more laws but that's only after they have been beat back with the whole banning guns idea. And even still a lot of people still propose banning guns.

And they regularly ban scary black rifles.

This mindset is not born out of nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Glock 19? From some initial study, seems pretty popular, but the ugliness bugs me :-|
    Be proud of the plain ugliness! It means you value function over esthetic. I have a Glock 17, but it just stays in my drawer. A 19 probably would be better overall if you only have 1 handgun and might take it with you at times, since it's more compact.
    Last edited by PC2; 2015-12-12 at 08:18 AM.

If you do not like the aesthetics of the Glock or it doesn't fit your hand well, consider the Smith and Wesson M&P series, you can get a full sized 9mm, for about $425ish. Personally I can't stand actually shooting a Glock, it just doesn't fit me well enough, I can get past the ugliness, but the feel is just off for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I want a keltech ksg honestly. They look like something out of star wars.

http://modernwarriors.com/product/kel-tec-ksg-shotgun/
    That thing kicks like a mule, don't fire it often with slugs unless you want some reconstructive surgery on your shoulder. I recommend mini-shells, it'll hold 24+1 and the recoil is negligible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Be proud of the plain ugliness! It means you value function over esthetic. I have a Glock 17, but it just stays in my drawer. A 19 probably would be better overall if you only have 1 handgun and might take it with you at times, since it's more compact.
    Or, bypass the ugliness and get an HK VP9, a Walther PPQ, a Springfield XDM, or a Smith M&P 9, all of which will perform as well as the Glock 17/19 (well, aftermarket triggers from the M&P are popular upgrades, but the stock trigger is adequate) while still looking nicer. I owned a VP9, very nice pistol.

glock 19, theres a reason its one of the most commonly sold firearms in the USA.

its not a looker but it will get the job done reliably almost every time. its like the toyota camry of guns.

Also dont cheap out on something thats supposed to save your life.

another option is the sig saur p320, i used to carry a glock 19 every single day but i switch to the sig p320 recently and love it. the glock is now my dedicated car gun/back up gun.
    Last edited by Gorehowl; 2015-12-12 at 12:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a starter handgun I would get a 357 revolver. You can use the 357 magnum ammo or 38 ammo which has a lot less recoil. Revolvers are also pretty much fool proof and your shells stay in the weapon instead of ending up all over the ground.
    I agree with this. Much prefer a revolver. Jamming is almost unheard of with them if it is a quality built one like a Smith&Wesson or Ruger. Plus I like the ideal of not having a round in front of the firing pin when not in use. I have a old SW 38 model 10, which must be 50+ years old and it still has a very smooth action and is accurate.

Increase of gun sales has been happening because many people understand the logic of having a weapon to defend yourself against someone else who may use one on you or is much stronger. Makes sense.

i love revolvers, i have about 15 of them but honestly theyre such a PITA to conceal properly/easily. basically have to get a snubnose(which i hate). I have a 1976 6" blued python that id carry every single day if open carry was legal in florida, no way to conceal it though lol.

If you do go the 357 magnum route, smith&wesson model 586/686 gets my vote. remember theyre harder to conceal, slower to reload, less capacity. very reliable though but not completely fail proof, ive seen revolvers jam, not as often as semi autos but it does happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    We can't all have specialized martial arts training and batarangs, bro.

my sig p226 shoots batmans who throws semi auto assault batarangs.

Well considering there's about 350 million guns in the US that's just a drop in the bucket.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-then-some/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.