Page 1 of 2
LastLast

T19 Aesthetics Speculation

So, now we have seen some of the T19s, Pallies have a Silver Hand Ashbringer-y theme going, Hunters have a Sylv theme going.

Would it be far fetched for ours to be something with Maelstrom or Doomhammer theme going? I'd say it would be more similar with Ele or Resto artifacts, but they are less "out there", the Doomhammer is quite iconic.

So, let's see if we can guess something correct while we wait for our class to be added.

Looks like they are doing iconic stuff for all classes. Or hero related like hunter gear is.

Could be a re hash of ten storms. Maybe it's Thralls Jesus Robes and prayer beads. Maybe it's just more floaty rocks.

I'm pretty excited though. The detail on the sets we've seen so far is impressive.

Sylvanas
    Lich King

Thrall theme??? Maybe some beads, a hood, long open robes over mail as the chest.

Shamans haven't had a good looking tier in a while.

Hopefully a redone/reimagined t2 and/or t10

Indeed, Thrall-esque looks quite possible at this point.

And a reimagined T2 or T10 would be amazing, those two are some of our best looking ones, and at least to me, T10 is the most "feel-good" nostalgic one. T2 has so much potential as well, look at Reghar in HotS.

7+ Year Old Account
    just as long as we won't have his anal-beads around the neck im good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    just as long as we won't have his anal-beads around the neck im good with it.
    I Rekon the beads are sick! Though, they don't seem very shaman related other than that thrall uses them. They seem more monk related. But I could be wrong.

Wolf-ish theme again.

Thrall hood + beads are awesome enough I might turn on display helm for the first time in 7~ hears

an overhauled Doomhammer black armor set would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Thrall hood + beads are awesome enough I might turn on display helm for the first time in 7~ hears
    I agree, I find Thrall's armor quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    You mean the one early Thrall wore? but that was more akin to his time as a warrior, it's not really of any relation to us I think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    You mean the one early Thrall wore? but that was more akin to his time as a warrior, it's not really of any relation to us I think?
    While the doomhammer is now portrayed as a shaman weapon, it was originally wielded by a warrior (Orgrim *Doomhammer*) and even thrall primarily wielded it as a simple weapon, rather than a magical one.

So if the armor was too warrior, the hammer would be too. That said, the armor is clearly plate. While thrall could be seen as a hybrid between the classes, because he started out as a gladiator, it, yes, would be a stretch for us. That said, there's a lot of plate-looking transmog gear avaiable for shamans already (even some coming close to orgrim's armor), so I imagine as not a big deal.

All in all, there's nothing really stopping them from implementing it. It would stroke our nostalgica nerves and fit with the hunter/paladin themes matching their artifacts. If they dont botch it, it would probably also look really cool running around with a deep black piece of ~plate~ armor, smashing faces.
    Then again, it would be clearly enhancement, and would disregard ele/resto totally. You could argue the same with mm artifact and hunter set, but imo the ranger look also reasonably fits the other two specs. Orgrim armor wouldn't.
    Last edited by mmoc593e7db3da; 2015-12-13 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    While the doomhammer is now portrayed as a shaman weapon, it was originally wielded by a warrior (Orgrim *Doomhammer*) and even thrall primarily wielded it as a simple weapon, rather than a magical one.

So if the armor was to warrior, the hammer would be too. That said, the armor is clearly plate. While thrall could be seen as a hybrid between the classes, because he started out as a gladiator, it, yes, would be a streth for us. That said, there's a lot of plate-looking transmog gear avaiable for shamans already (even some coming close to orgrim's armor), so I imagine as not a big deal.

All in all, there's nothing really stopping them from implementing it. It would stroke our nostalgica nerves and fit with the hunter/paladin themes matching their artifacts. If they dont botch it, it would probably also look really cool running around with a deep black piece of ~plate~ armor, smashing faces.
    Then again, it would be clearly enhancement, and would disregard ele/resto totally. You could argue the same with mm artifact and hunter set, but imo the ranger look also reasonably fits the other two specs. Orgrim armor wouldn't.
    Yup, all valid points.

The thing is as you said, Thrall wore it when he was a Warrior (Thrall is weird, man. I don't see them letting us change classes on a single toon, blasphemy!). Jokes aside, the hammer was used but a warrior first, then a half warrior half shaman in a sense. But I don't think we'd be getting it if it wasn't used by Shaman-y Thrall tbh, and it makes sense that our set be something iconic to shamans.

Honestly at this point just about anything would make me happy, I wasn't a fan or any of our WoD sets, maybe mythic T17.

Deleted
    Those tornado shoulders look pretty cool, though the rest of the set fails to deliver as well, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    Those tornado shoulders look pretty cool, though the rest of the set fails to deliver as well, imo.
    Yeah, I thought so too, but they fit weirdly in application, the shoulders stick out to the side a bit much for my goblin :P. Which is purely subjective, the idea of it though was nice.

Thrall being half warrior/half shaman just makes methink he's an enhancement. Were there enhancement shamans around before that? All the ones in books I've read seem more like healers/advisors. Maybe Thralls battle training created the enhancement spec.

Also shaman teir has been pretty lackluster for a while.certain pieces have been ok, like the cyclone shoulders. I've been running around in MoP CM gear for ages. I like the ToT armour set. And the green DS set is nice. But most of the others are bleh.
    I wouldn't mind a rehash of 10 storms ( the wolf shoulders) they could do a really good job of it. But I play a Draenei, and I don't like using wolves as much because it seems so Orc related. Been using the spirit raptor glyph since forever.

Deleted
    I'd like something reminiscent of T2, maybe T5, T6 or T8 as well. I don't want something based on Thrall - sure he's a powerful shaman, but his Orgrim armour is specific to him especially as he started off as a warrior before becoming a shaman. He breaks the "rules" of WoW in that sense - but I guess shamans can be warriors and warriors can be shamans if you look at the lore itself and not game mechanics.

Game mechanics wise, shamans can only be shamans and therefore I'd rather we had something specific to shamans as our T19, not Orgrim's armour or Thrall robes. That's Thrall, he's a unique character, he's not a normal shaman. Neither are we I guess, but we're not exactly following in Thrall's footsteps either. He had a weird path, atypical of usual shamans.

Honestly I just want something that reflects what we are - masters of the elements. I want lightning from my shoulders, or flying rocks or molten lava, I don't mind which. As long as it looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    I'd like something reminiscent of T2, maybe T5, T6 or T8 as well. I don't want something based on Thrall - sure he's a powerful shaman, but his Orgrim armour is specific to him especially as he started off as a warrior before becoming a shaman. He breaks the "rules" of WoW in that sense - but I guess shamans can be warriors and warriors can be shamans if you look at the lore itself and not game mechanics.

Game mechanics wise, shamans can only be shamans and therefore I'd rather we had something specific to shamans as our T19, not Orgrim's armour or Thrall robes. That's Thrall, he's a unique character, he's not a normal shaman. Neither are we I guess, but we're not exactly following in Thrall's footsteps either. He had a weird path, atypical of usual shamans.

Honestly I just want something that reflects what we are - masters of the elements. I want lightning from my shoulders, or flying rocks or molten lava, I don't mind which. As long as it looks awesome.
    Personally, I'm kinda sick of the element based designs where theres just a big gaudy graphic of tornados, exploding rocks, or flames coming out of the shoulders. I'd much prefer something more muted like the actual lore Shaman wear.

The lore character designs dont mean the armor is made up of actual pieces of that character's armor, its really more of a loose inspiration. The DK and Hunter sets share common design traits with the Lich King (crowned helm) and Sylvanas (feathered shoulders+hood) but they also still manage to be pretty distinguished. A Thrall inspired design could just be a simple robe with mail armor underneath. It wouldnt have to include the necklace, doomplate, or anything that is unique to Thrall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Agreed. Or maybe something more along the lines of Master Thrall Skin in Heroes of the Storm.

Something like this! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!