Poll: Do you miss being a kid?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Do you miss your childhood?

Do you miss being a kid and your childhood?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-12-12 at 07:13 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    No because I grew up poor and it sucked.

No responsibilities? Growing up in the best years (Mid 80s to Mid 90s)?

Would I do it all over again?

Yes for simpler times.

No for the mental and physical abuse that I endured.

Going back to eating one or two meals a day while my parents worried about losing the house wasn't all that fun.

My late teens where alright though granted.

No, I didn't quite fit in with the majority of the kids. It was stressful. The lack of responsibilities/freedom was not very comprehensible, as it was my natural state of being.
    If you're carefree and know nothing else, you'd think that whatever little duties you have are burdensome.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

No, my childhood sucked and being powerless and homeless wasn't fun the first time and going through all the struggle to get where I'm at now again sounds exhausting. I'd much rather enjoy my hard-fought privileges to discuss politics with idiots over the internets while eating popcorn than going back to selling drugs to buy school clothes.

I miss all the possibilities, it seems like I get more and more locked into one path.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

My childhood was pretty horrible. If hell existed, I feel it would just be me having to go through my childhood over and over again forever.

Can't say I had much of a childhood... my dad was grooming me to be like him in business... being the only son, sending me to various private schools while my sisters went to public school. Suffice to say, I had very few friends... and it didn't help that I moved countries either.

I have been to 7 different primary schools... and 3 secondary schools. Naturally my social skills are awkward at best that has affected me to this day. I've rather hated my dad for putting me through all that, and not being supportive when I wanted to venture into something else to study, to not follow in his footsteps, which I eventually did.

Other than greeting him, we don't really talk to each other nowadays. By no means did he neglected me though. He spent quite a bit to his kids' amusements, such as Jet Skis, computers, etc., and holidays and what not... but honestly it always felt like he 'had' to do as a father, like in a duty sense. Past that he didn't really spend much time with us. Work took priority, always.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2015-12-12 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Can't say I had much of a childhood... my dad was grooming me to be like him in business, sending me to various private schools while my sisters went to public school. Suffice to say, I had very few friends... and it didn't help that I moved countries either.

I have been to 7 different primary schools... a 3 secondary schools. Naturally my social skills are awkward at best that has affected me to this day. I've rather hated my dad for putting me through all that, and not being supportive when I wanted to venture into something else to study which I eventually did... Other than greeting him, we don't really talk to each other nowadays.

By no means did he neglected me though. He spent quite a bit to his kids' amusements, such as Jet Skis and holidays and what not... but honestly it always felt like he 'had' to do as a father, like in a duty sense. Past that he didn't really spend much time with us. Work took priority, always.
    That sounds hellish. Not trying to pity you or anything, just empathizing. I think that pretty much sums up that many people had really bad childhoods regardless of their circumstances.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes. Mainly due to missed opportunities, but such is life.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, childhood was generally pretty good
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I miss being provided with food and clothes and shelter for free? No bills, no responsibilities?

Yes.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss my childhood in it's entirety, but I can miss specific things from it though.
    Last edited by zephid; 2015-12-12 at 10:07 AM.

Sometimes, was free from worry then because kids barely have any responsibility

I believe most people have a selective memory problem when looking back on their childhood, especially the nostalgic ones. Crapping your pants + pissing in the bed + being told what to do + wanting stuff and getting them at Christmas/Easter or never + realising that adults blatantly lie to you, meaning that they think you are stupid as fuck and much more. Adult life is quite good i'd say freedom to act for myself is the most valuable thing to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. The bad outweighed the good back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss my own childhood, though I would gladly have someone elses. Poverty and illness sucks.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    At least some aspects of it.