Poll: Do you miss being a kid?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    During my time in primary school, I get bullied on a daily basis to only go home and get beat up some more. No I don't miss it.

No, I hate my childhood. My health was shit and I was in and out of hospital non-stop, my mother was excessively abusive and controlled my life and a result of such I had no little to no friends in school and never did anything in a social aspect.
    "There is no honor in mediocrity."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not at all. Growing old does have it's advantages. And facing the reality that everyone does and death is waiting for us all, is being mature about it.

nope.. still one

I miss the simplicity of my youth. I never had a lot of money but I was happier then than I am right now for sure. With that said... I don't miss dial-up internet and 256 megs of PC ram being top of the line technology... >_>

Parts of it, but overall, no. My upbringing was not the most pleasant thing in many ways, and life has continued to get better for me as I've grown.

I do miss the naivety of being a kid at times though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes I do. In the 90s, no responsibilities except for school of course, everything back then was so much simpler and happier than today, there was no social media there was actual human to human interaction believe it or not, no Kardashians littering the TV about what stupid shit they're up to, no swag fags, Cartoon Network wasn't filled with reality show garbage. Man it was just the best of times.

I feel like the more we progress into the future society just keeps deteriorating and it's just making the world so irritating to live in.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    I am still a manchild.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, being beaten, molested, starved, burned with cigarettes by different guardians I had was shit. Also watching my old man beat my mom to her death and feed her drugs every day of her life. I miss literally nothing about my childhood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. I do not usually wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to the past; looking back at it objectively, I see that I used to have just as many problems as I do now. In fact, I am probably happier now, since I've moved to the country I love, I like my profession, I like the independence from my family... So no, I don't miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Absolutely not.
    grew up in poverty. Parent always at work so i had to stay at home taking care of my little brother,cook, clean, no time to make friends or do anything fun.
    Now i live alone, work a decently paying job alongside my university, have internet and i can do whatever i want.

nope, fuck that, much rather be an adult who can do the shit he wants to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the era and what I could get at the time, so I wish I had my current life back in the era I was a kid, and in the location I was a kid in.

Hard to miss my childhood when I refused to grow up.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to have to say yes. While I love many things about adulthood (there's more freedom if you really think hard on it) my childhood was a pretty damned privileged one.

Not to mention, when you're a kid, you can easily be living a blissfully ignorant life of not knowing the world's problems.

Now? The internet is everywhere. As an adult people aren't afraid to be like "oh yeah there was just another mass shooting." Hell, I do that sometimes to people I barely know. It's sick and depressing.

As a kid? OMG DUDE A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE IS COMING OUT!!!1111!

Being a kid is like playing a new video game in some senses: everything is new. So much to explore.

Adulthood is when you've been max level for some time. You've seen a lot or at least know about a lot, you can quite easily become jaded about this because imagination I feel like gets smaller and smaller in your everyday thinking and life.

/DepressionOut
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Holy fuck yes.

who knew, childhood would be the best part of my life, I sure as fuck didn't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mine was as very extreme good and bad, kind of both ends of the spectrum. Pretty strange really. Terrible crappiness one day, but good things other days. Generally bad being far more frequent than good. The result of having crazy a*hole parents who were god awful 90% of the time, then 10% of the time felt guilty and would be nice to offset the bad. Unfortunately I think that's more common than it should be. Had friends with a parent or both who would be abusive (truly physically/mentally and/or sexually abusive I mean, not just a bratty Veruca Salt my dad didn't get me an Oompa Loompa) for a week, then take them to the store to buy a toy on a Saturday and act like it's all cool.

That said, I'm sure there are kids that think of their childhoods as bad when they weren't but were just spoiled. I had a very rich cousin who I was visiting and on their 16th birthday and her dad bought her a brand new BMW. She literally ran in her bedroom and cried because she wanted a Mercedes, not a BMW. I still laugh about that to this day.
    Last edited by Auxora; 2015-12-12 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    I'd quite like to have the knowledge i have now and relive my childhood as to see what other outcomes there may have been but i do not miss it.

Yes. As a kid I had much more freedom, much less responsibility, hopeful thoughts for he future and a youthful healthier body. Now I feel withered though I'm still young.
    X

Deleted
    Not one bit, grew up with abusive parents.