Poll: Do you have sympathy for people who get STDs because of one night stands?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Getting HIV is still pretty bad. I thought it was almost cured but it isn't.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    1. No.
    2. No.
    3. Yes.
    4. Yes. I'd be amused rather than apathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by rianzi View Post
    Do you have sympathy for people who go around having unprotected sex with strangers and end up whining about getting STDS (or having to pay child support because of pregnancies?)

For example a man named bob loves to have random unprotected one night stands all the time. One day he gets super drunk and meets a chick at a bar. They go to his apartment to have sex. However the woman is HIV Positive , but she doesn't tell bob this but she doesn't lie and tell him she's clean either. He has unprotected sex with her. A couple of weeks/months later during a routine check up at the doctor's office bob discovers he now is HIV positive.

1) DO you have any sympathy for bob even though he made no attempts to protect himself from disease or pregnancy?
    2) If he had merely gotten the woman pregnant and had to pay child support would you still have sympathy for him?
    3) do you think he is partially at fault for getting HIV? DO you thing he brought everything on himself?
    4) Would your opinon change if bob was sober (and liked to take advantage of drunk people) and the woman was too drunk to tell him that she had HIV?
    So...

1. If he wants sympathy from me, he can look in the dictionary. It'll be between shit and syphilis.
    2. No. I'm a guy, and I had to do it, and even to the point of taking custody from the child. I'd have more sympathy for the child, actually.
    3. Yes, he is responsible for his own well being. When he fails to be responsible, my give a fuck meter is still at dead zero. He didn't give a fuck, why should I?
    4. No. If he did this while sober, to a woman who was too drunk to tell him she was HIV+, chances are, she would also be too drunk to consent to sex in the first place, but while I will call that dirty manipulation, and not necessarily rape, he would have gotten what he deserves by pulling this type of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    This! You must court for 4 weeks then get married before sticking a baby in her asap

- - - Updated - - -

Also missionary only otherwise God kills unbaptised babies
    From one extreme to the other.

Shameless plug here: Fuck marriage, gay and straight.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

I honestly can't understand anyone who has unprotected sex, except in the most religious of communities (who wouldn't be having these drunken one night stands anyways). Maybe if you're circumcised and lost a lot of sensitivity, I guess that could motivate you to be more reckless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Knowingly passing any STD/I to someone should be classified as sexual assault and should be punished with prison time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    4. No. If he did this while sober, to a woman who was too drunk to tell him she was HIV+, chances are, she would also be too drunk to consent to sex in the first place, but while I will call that dirty manipulation, and not necessarily rape, he would have gotten what he deserves by pulling this type of shit.
    So if he was drunk and she was sober? Or is that limited to "victims" without cocks?
    Last edited by Mistame; 2015-12-12 at 05:42 PM.

Men who have unprotected sex with strangers seem to think their one night stands wouldn't do the same with other strangers because they're the exception.

Guy had it coming, but girl should face whatever punishment is appropriate for willfully infecting someone with an STD.

As for unexpected pregnancies, man should carry no burden for it unless he consented to it.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

7+ Year Old Account
    So apparently casual sex is "wrong" and those who engage in it deserve to catch STDs and die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sympathy - yes. Doesn't mean I view his actions positively.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    So apparently casual sex is "wrong" and those who engage in it deserve to catch STDs and die.
    You shouldn't be having allot of sex with people you don't know

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    You shouldn't be having allot of sex with people you don't know
    Why is that?

Why is that?
    Because being a slut isn't something positive or something you should strive for, you should stay with a partner in a committed relationship if you want to have sex not go around with allot of people you don't know and get diseases

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sympathy? Sure.
    That doesn't mean that what happened wasn't his fault, just that I can still have sympathy for someone even when it's their own actions that lead to the consequence.

Charge the women with assualt with a deadly weapon and call it a day.

She is a literal plague bearer and spreads it willingly she could of easily gotten him to wear a condom that she should be carrying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because being a slut isn't something positive or something you should strive for, you should stay with a partner in a committed relationship if you want to have sex not go around with allot of people you don't know and get diseases
    Sex is a biological function. "Love" is a social construct. There is nothing wrong with wanting the former without the latter. But please, continue spewing archaic drivel.

The average posters in this thread sound like really nice people..

On topic, yes I'd feel sorry for the guy.
    Did he do the right thing and behaved in a proper way? No. But I sure has hell don't wish that fate on anyone.

Sex is a biological function. "Love" is a social construct. There is nothing wrong with wanting the former without the latter. But please, continue spewing archaic drivel.
    It's not archaic drivel, people rarely are promiscous because they like sex they do it often because they are damaged in some way

Deleted
    It's not archaic drivel, people rarely are promiscous because they like sex they do it often because they are damaged in some way
    Citation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    The average posters in this thread sound like really nice people..

On topic, yes I'd feel sorry for the guy.
    Did he do the right thing and behaved in a proper way? No. But I sure has hell don't wish that fate on anyone.
    I don't think anyone is actively wishing this to happen to him, especially considering that it likely means he has spread the virus to other people himself. It would be like saying 'that drunk driver is really going to get whats coming to him when he kills somebody'.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for that patently false commentary. Also, it seems to me that someone who requires a relationship just to have sex is the one who's damaged. I'll keep my freedom, thanks.