Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What kind of people do you get along with the best?

What kind of people do you get along with the best with what you value? Can you get along with someone who has completely opposite values of yourself?
    For me it is mostly other conservatives and christians but also some others but someone who has completely opposite values of myself is impossible for me to get along with almost

People that don't talk about their religious and political views what so ever and those that don't go out of their way to be assholes to strangers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone who doesn't talk back, doesn't wear shoes, and likes to make sandwiches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

Political and religious views have little to do with whether I get along with people or not. My friends are mostly center-left, I suppose, but occasional disagreements aren't a problem.

The main people I'm not interested in are stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlok View Post
    Someone who doesn't talk back, doesn't wear shoes, and likes to make sandwiches.
    Gonna be hard to beat that one...

15+ Year Old Account
    Opposite values, not a problem. That only gets annoying if they're not willing to have a friendly discussion about it.

I can't really sum up a kind of person I get along with, sometimes it just clicks.

I get along best with people I despise.

Quote Originally Posted by Algythor View Post
    People that don't talk about their religious and political views what so ever and those that don't go out of their way to be assholes to strangers.
    Pretty much this.

Its especially a tongue biting session in some of my college courses as an older guy sitting in with the younger crowd.

I'm not super old at 34 years old, but I can tell a stark difference between myself and those coming into college in their early 20's.

Some of them are just plain disrespectful to instructors. Had to stop myself on more than one occasion from telling someone to shut up.

I like the dunce cap-wearing ones the best, they make me look awesome by comparison and they are happy that they get to wear a special hat.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Someone who's asshole is just the same as mine. Views, beliefs and all that shit doesn't matter. If have a dark twist, and are a bit of an asshole, you are my kind of person. I like the shape of your skull!

15+ Year Old Account
    I actually disagree, you have a great friend if you are able to talk about these things and do not get mad at each other because they think differently. You both learn each other and see each sides tot he story.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I actually disagree, you have a great friend if you are able to talk about these things and do not get mad at each other because they think differently. You both learn each other and see each sides tot he story.
    I have a limited pool of people that will be friends with me around my area, so I try to avoid things that can scare those off is probably my issue in regards to those two topics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Pretty much this.

Its especially a tongue biting session in some of my college courses as an older guy sitting in with the younger crowd.

I'm not super old at 34 years old, but I can tell a stark difference between myself and those coming into college in their early 20's.

Some of them are just plain disrespectful to instructors. Had to stop myself on more than one occasion from telling someone to shut up.
    I definitely understand. I keep my mouth shut about some topics, even those about my own demographic at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People that are down to earth, have good tastes in everything, and a bonus for liking long walks on the beach. (Aka, I'm a big nerd, and have no friends <3 [kind of kidding {no rly}])

I definitely understand. I keep my mouth shut about some topics, even those about my own demographic at times.
    Its not even topics that come up, but stupid childish shit like cell phones for example.

Some dumb idiot almost got completed booted from the course for being told after the fifth time to get off his iPhone during class.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Its not even topics that come up, but stupid childish shit like cell phones for example.

Some dumb idiot almost got completed booted from the course for being told after the fifth time to get off his iPhone during class.
    Oh god that stuff. This one dude was aggressively rubbing(upper body) his girlfriend during class over and over despite the professor telling him to cut that crap out. It wasn't something minor, it was fairly, uhhh noticeable by the entire class and was taking attention from the stuff being presented, and he just wouldn't stop until she forced him to move to another seat far away.

Oh god that stuff. This one dude was aggressively rubbing(upper body) his girlfriend during class over and over despite the professor telling him to cut that crap out. It wasn't something minor, it was fairly, uhhh noticeable by the entire class and was taking attention from the stuff being presented, and he just wouldn't stop until she forced him to move to another seat far away.
    Why didn't she tell him off earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Why didn't she tell him off earlier?
    The teacher or gf? I assume his gf was okay with it because she wasn't stopping it. The teacher tried over and over, but is one of those super nice teachers that gives way too many chances.

The teacher or gf? I assume the gf was okay with it because she wasn't stopping it. The teacher tried over and over, but is one of those super nice teachers that gives way too many chances.
    The girlfriend, why would she be okay with that in a class room?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The girlfriend, why would she be okay with that in a class room?
    No clue what so ever, people can be strange sometimes. I would be weird about someone just like touching my elbow for more than a few seconds, so yea, odd people.

Deleted
    Every type of person. There will always be people i get along with and won't get along with. Variety is a good thing.

Though if i had to pick..... people who can really rip the piss out of me and that i can return it in equal measure. Most of my fondest memory's of a person are with people like that.