Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry BMAH NPC In Garrison - Short Rant

What on earth is the point of having the BMAH NPC in the Garrison if you can't place bids?
    Three times recently I've tried to place max bids but been beaten by the time I get to the BMAH to place the bid. Having another toon at the BMAH already is no better as the 20secs it takes to log out and relog is usually too late.
    Would it REALLY be that hard to change it so you could bid in-garrison?
    /end rant
    Some mornings it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints.

Kind of agree... its not like she isn't useful though considering the bmah only has something I am interest in maybe once every two months.

Deleted
    Don't rant because it's very simple why. It's a nerf. They don't want it to be too powerful, just an extra help.

So yes, it is less powerful that being there, but that's the point of that 'nerf'.

They probably thought it would be unfair because to get it it's RNG.

Wouldn't be fair to others who may not have it yet if you were able to cap something you want and they couldn't if they weren't at the BMAH already.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

15+ Year Old Account
    LOL OP, wanna be there and bid? log on ur bmah char few min BEFORE stuff comes out

BMAH npc in garrison is nice for me, know when my T3 is out
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    If you use your BMAH garrison NPC to get an extra rare/unobtainable drop/mount which is possibly going to be gold capped, you're doing it wrong.

It takes you 20 second to switch to another character? SSD, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    It takes you 20 second to switch to another character? SSD, bro.
    Got one,makes no difference sadly.

@Frolk - Surprisingly I had already though of that, but not knowing precisely when the new items will come on after the previous batch ends is obviously a hinderance there. If you can enlighten me I'm all ears.

Deleted
    New auctions appear at the BMAH at the same time every night (23.30 CET for europe at least). You could just keep a gold capped character at the BMAH vendor at all times, relog shortly before the new auctions pop up, and then goldcap the stuff you want.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatredsheart View Post
    What on earth is the point of having the BMAH NPC in the Garrison if you can't place bids?
    Three times recently I've tried to place max bids but been beaten by the time I get to the BMAH to place the bid. Having another toon at the BMAH already is no better as the 20secs it takes to log out and relog is usually too late.
    /end rant
    Does it really matter? If 20 seconds is to long then you will likely still be beat at placing a max bid.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    I guess that the person in the garrison os only useable by mortals like me, who only check bmah once in a while, not hunting for something specific and don't have any toon with goldcap..

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    New auctions appear at the BMAH at the same time every night (23.30 CET for europe at least). You could just keep a gold capped character at the BMAH vendor at all times, relog shortly before the new auctions pop up, and then goldcap the stuff you want.
    Didn't know it was only once a day, or the time thanks for the info.

/end rant
    I think the garrison NPC is there more so for monitoring a bid you maybe placed throughout the day. If you're truly wanting something, you should have a capped mule waiting in nagrand each reset. But for example, last week I had a bid on the mge belt for my mage. Instead of needing to swap toons each hour, I was able to check the bid status on my main throughout the evening by just hearthing or stopping by the NPC while doing garrison chores.

Deleted
    What kind of items do people buy for 999K in there nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What kind of items do people buy for 999K in there nowadays?
    Swift Zulian Tiger was on 2 days ago, I'd have capped for that. Or the Sha mount ofc.
    And you only need to bid about 960k to be unbeatable, not actual cap.
    Last edited by Hatredsheart; 2015-12-13 at 05:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just look at is as a way to prevent me from wasting my time. Check in with the NPC, see if there is anything you want. If so take the time to get there, if not move on with your day. The auctions last for a long time, if you check regularly you shouldn't have a problem with missing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    If you use your BMAH garrison NPC to get an extra rare/unobtainable drop/mount which is possibly going to be gold capped, you're doing it wrong.
    This. The only reason to have the NPC in Garrison is to view other items that don't instantly sellout. Maybe you aren't that into the BMAH but then you see something from the NPC at Garrison that might inspire you to go there just to bid. Who knows, but with that said if you are after rare items that sell for cap you should be at the seller not the Garrison at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got one,makes no difference sadly.

@Frolk - Surprisingly I had already though of that, but not knowing precisely when the new items will come on after the previous batch ends is obviously a hinderance there. If you can enlighten me I'm all ears.
    Every day at 23:30 since it first came out, but ends at different times

For lulz i googled: BMAH, time, new got several links saying 1130/2330 its not that hard
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time there's nothing interesting on the BMAH and having it in my garrisons makes it easier to check what's there. If you want to max bid stuff the second they come up you should just have a gold capped character next to the one in Nagrand and wait there at 23:30.

They introduced the BMAH NPC in the garrison in order to introduce it to more players, not to make it easier for you to bid on stuff.
    There were many players who didn't know it such a place exists, or perhaps knew it but didn't bother travel all the way to Nagrand to check for new auctions.

Personally, I agree with their design of only allowing to place a bid from one central place, there's some kind of psychological game when bidding on stuff, when you can see who is the opponent and how "big" of a collector is he, by achievements/armory etc.. somewhat similar dilemmas to real-life auctions.