Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Considering rolling DK for Legion after 10 years of Mage/Shaman, thought?

Hey!
    So after 10 years of playing WoW I have played two classes as my main, Vanilla > WotLK Mage and Cata > WoD Shaman.
    Being a semi-hardcore raider having cleared all content in every expansion on Heroic/Mythic I am mainly looking at the DK for PvE, and the occasional PvP session.
    I have always loved the fantasy/lore of the DKs and thought that with the new expansion coming up, this will most likely be the best time to reroll.
    I am looking for your thoughts on the matter, how are DKs looking for Legion, or should I stick with my Shaman or possibly roll back and start playing my Mage again.
    Thanks for your time.

just try it and see if you like it...
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

7+ Year Old Account
    I have played DK as my main since the beginning of WotLK. Played Warrior in BC. I've enjoyed having a DK main through the ups and downs. One thing about DKs is, you gotta love the burst. More so in pvp.

Too early to tell you exactly how they'll be. I've always enjoyed mine, but it has ups and downs. Depends are you tanking or DPSing? Either way with the game in Alpha it is nearly impossible to say they will be X way, because they could decide to scrap a specs entire direction or drastically change one talent and it have a pretty distinct affect on the class.

Yeah, just roll a DK toon and see if you like how it plays. Go for Frost, that stays largely unchanged in Legion. Unholy sees some pretty big changes, so no one who isn't in Alpha can exactly say how it will feel.

Deleted
    Yeah I am holding of a bit to see where Blizzard is taking things, and how the classes develop through alpha and beta.
    Leveling up right now so I get familiar with the class atleast, and will most likely focus on DPS and occasional OT when needed/if needed. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rewston View Post
    Yeah I am holding of a bit to see where Blizzard is taking things, and how the classes develop through alpha and beta.
    Leveling up right now so I get familiar with the class atleast, and will most likely focus on DPS and occasional OT when needed/if needed. :P
    You could always download the PTR and make an insta 100 dk wearing full mythic HFC gear or even 700ilvl pvp gear
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewston View Post
    Hey!
    So after 10 years of playing WoW I have played two classes as my main, Vanilla > WotLK Mage and Cata > WoD Shaman.
    Being a semi-hardcore raider having cleared all content in every expansion on Heroic/Mythic I am mainly looking at the DK for PvE, and the occasional PvP session.
    I have always loved the fantasy/lore of the DKs and thought that with the new expansion coming up, this will most likely be the best time to reroll.
    I am looking for your thoughts on the matter, how are DKs looking for Legion, or should I stick with my Shaman or possibly roll back and start playing my Mage again.
    Thanks for your time.
    W/e you do, please use a special DK skin, it cringes me to see some shiny/lifeful skinned DK's around, you were killed and raised for god's sake!

I mained DK since WotLK, and I am loving it, it is not about the damage numbers etc, class itself and the lore/attachment of it is really unique.

Deleted
    ^+1

If you like mellee, DK are a cool class to play, but the better is try and play a bit.

And if you gonna play DK, change your avatar, lol...DK are morbid deathlords!
    Last edited by mmoc54843516f6; 2015-12-14 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestialiti View Post
    Don't do it.
    Well, can you explain why pls, seems you are an expert.

Try it, if you never played a melee it might be a little fucked up at start since we have like no mobility, even more so in legion(hopefully they'll change that).

Dks are the best! Depending on whether you were primarily ele or enh, I would say make sure you like raiding as melee, it is a very different experience. Also DKs tend to have a much faster rotational combat style as compared with Shaman in my experience. (I've only tried enh, and only just now leveling a mage.)

7+ Year Old Account
    You know you don't need OUR permission to roll an alt, right?

Plus, you have plenty of time between now and Legion to level literally every single class to 100 to try them out.
    disco inferno

Deleted
    DKs are awesome. I love the class theme. only downside of playing DK is they are slow as turtles.

I main hunters, but I have to admit, I really enjoy DKs for soloing/leveling. Dislike them in group content, but that's basically because I dislike melee in general in group content.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Looking for your avatar, you must go paladin

Seriously, try one, only you can say if you like or not.

Deleted
    If you want a class that is consistently strong then stick with your Mage. Mages are never underpowered.

If you want a class for playstyle then all I can suggest is try the class out and see if you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    If you want a class that is consistently strong then stick with your Mage. Mages are never underpowered.

If you want a class for playstyle then all I can suggest is try the class out and see if you like it.
    This is my oppinion as well. With DH's coming in Legion, which is another melee, when it comes to raiding you'll have a better option as a Mage.

Most melee will herp-derp over to DH so plate is going to be wide open. Have fun.