Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gyrados View Post
    and do yall think they have come to earth and our government has covered it up . i mean i dont think they have come to our planet but i mean i also dont put it pass the government to cover this up and i can understand why but yeah iv always been fascinated by the idea of aliens/ufos i mean clearly the universe is huge so to rule out alien life is pretty ignorant imo
    Yes, unlikely, and even more unlikely. In that order.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have never and will never be visited by extraterrestrial life from another planet. I believe life exist on other planets but most likely in form of bacteria

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mathematically unrealistic to assume there is not life out there. It's also unrealistic to assume they've visited us.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    You have no basis to make that statement.

We do not know the odds of life beginning in location. So we cannot say whether it is possible that other life exists or if we are alone. It is perfectly feasible for the genesis of life to be so rare and require such specific circumstances, that we are it. Its also possible that its really common.

Right now, making statements like you did, just show you want life to exist elsewhere, and bears no impact on the actual chance of it doing so.

Right now, we lack the information to make a call.
    This. I think the best way to put it is that with so many planets around so many stars around so many galaxies in the universe, there's bound to be at least one with some sort of life on it, but there's no scientific basis in making such a claim. It's just a somewhat educated guess with a healthy serving of hopefulness that non-Earth life exists.

Deleted
    I believe it's highly probable that there's extraterrestrial life. But I don't believe in UFOs and stuff.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    When I was a kid there was a cartoon with Aliens who would mind control people by putting some goofy looking contraption on people's head (sorry I don't remember what cartoon it was.) As an adult, I see Donald Trump's hair piece and think anything is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is life outside our little planet, yes. At least micro-organism if nothing else.

Have aliens visited earth, and even more silly, are governments covering it? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    It's mathematically unrealistic to assume there is not life out there.
    Have we sampled the entire universe?
    No, just one planet. Any mathematics would be incredibly biased, and vary depending on who's making the calculation.

And I believe the question was: do you believe?

No is a valid answer. That isn't the same as saying I know/believe there isn't.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And I believe the question was: do you believe?

No is a valid answer. That isn't the same as saying I know/believe there isn't.
    Yes, no is a valid answer to the question. Mathematically unrealistic, but valid.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Yes, no is a valid answer to the question. Mathematically unrealistic, but valid.
    When we find one other planet with life then we can start talking about statistics. Until then it's a matter of belief/nonbelief.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't scientists come to the conclusion that at one point there was life on Mars?

And if so doesn't that make it pretty obvious that if Mars could host life with its conditions other planets that resemble Earth do as well?

i do know they said mars has water on it which is awesome lol

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe them. They are liars !!

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't scientists come to the conclusion that at one point there was life on Mars?
    No they didn't. It's a possibility without evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's highly likely that there is life in the universe, a bit less likely that there is life in the galaxy, and a bit less likely that said life is intelligent.

However, I do not believe the stories about UFOs or government cover ups or anything of that nature. And I won't until someone finally provides concrete evidence and not another blurry photo or an "eyewitness account." Something that is clearly not a hoax or an illusion or a result of mass hysteria.
    Putin khuliyo

Lot of people out here in the desert believe in extraterrestrials, many of them suffered a good deal of probing when caught.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

And if so doesn't that make it pretty obvious that if Mars could host life with its conditions other planets that resemble Earth do as well?
    They found a rock with what looked like fossils for bacteria on it. I don't remember the outcome of the story, only that it was inconclusive and that said "fossils" may have simply been something else.
    Putin khuliyo

yes, i do. idk if they visit or not, i think the ancient alien theory is possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    When we find one other planet with life then we can start talking about statistics. Until then it's a matter of belief/nonbelief.
    You realize you just said that we can start talking about how realistic it is to have life on another planet only the day we find life on another planet?
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far all evidence points to no but probability says there has to be intelligent extra-terrestrials.

Has this video been refuted yet? I looked into it a lot a few years ago, apparently been quite legit.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.