Some random fitness questions

''4) Throw on a hoodie before working out. When your muscles are warm, you actually burn more calories.''

So I read this on a random website. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

In my head the body is always trying to maintain the healthy temperature, right? Well, if you're cold and you start working out and the body has to raise the temperature doesn't that mean it has more work to do than if you wore warm clothes? So doesn't that mean you burn more?

Regarding Keto diets ( no/little carbs ) what's the amount of carbs you should aim for? I know the purpose is to force your body to deplete the carb reserves and as such switch to fat as its main ''energy currency''. What's the amount of carbs you should eat for this to start happening? 0? <50 ?

3. Is there any way to increase your strength and maintain muscle mass during a weight loss process without going to the gym and lifting weights? I've no gym near so I'm looking for exercises I can do at home that will allow me to keep my strength and muscle. Like, I don't know. Planking and shit?

15+ Year Old Account
    If your aim is to burn more calories, you should wear less clothes and be cold. Muscles heating the body is what really eats calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Train naked dude, you will burn more!

There is no way in increase strength or muscle mass not training. Infact as long as you maintain protein consumption your muscle mass wont decrease by too much depending on how long you dont train. Your strength will fall substantially though. Your strength once back in the gym will go back to normal levels after a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh exercise wise do plyometrics. Don't need any weights. protip get an workout band. There's so much stuff you can do with those. Everything from benchpress movements to curls.

1) Warm up before working out to raise body temperature, use the hoody if you want to become Kai Greene

2) Your keto diet should consist of 60% fat, 35% protein and under 5% carbs. You need to weigh your food, follow a very strict plan, write everything down. Some mobile apps can help you with that though I would visit a doctor or nutritionist before getting serious with that.

3) Has already been answered but you also might want to buy a Slingtrainer, not that expensive and very effective. I have an Aerosling for business travels and holidays.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    1 - There are different ways with both heat and cold to burn more calories. That said, the amount of calories burned this way are insignificant (5 to 10 more calories than just wearing reasonable clothes).

2 - The general recommendation is to be well below 25% carbs worth of your total calories to get the effect.

3 - No. But you don't need gym equipment. Use household items as weights and resistance as best you can, but you can't maintain muscle by doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

''4) Throw on a hoodie before working out. When your muscles are warm, you actually burn more calories.''

So I read this on a random website. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

In my head the body is always trying to maintain the healthy temperature, right? Well, if you're cold and you start working out and the body has to raise the temperature doesn't that mean it has more work to do than if you wore warm clothes? So doesn't that mean you burn more?

Warm up to prevent injury, nothing to do with metabolism

Regarding Keto diets ( no/little carbs ) what's the amount of carbs you should aim for? I know the purpose is to force your body to deplete the carb reserves and as such switch to fat as its main ''energy currency''. What's the amount of carbs you should eat for this to start happening? 0? <50 ?
    Use an app like myfitnesspal to help with macros - it's different for everyone.

3. Is there any way to increase your strength and maintain muscle mass during a weight loss process without going to the gym and lifting weights? I've no gym near so I'm looking for exercises I can do at home that will allow me to keep my strength and muscle. Like, I don't know. Planking and shit?
    Calisthenics. It might require buying something like a pull up bar.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day