Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[Movie] Star Trek Beyond

Release date: July 22, 2016
    (2D theaters and IMAX)
    Studio: Paramount Pictures
    Director: Justin Lin
    Screenwriters: Simon Pegg, Doug Jung
    Starring: Anton Yelchin, Bruce Greenwood, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, John Cho, Zachary Quinto, Sofia Boutella, Idris Elba, Joe Taslim

Last edited by t1saif; 2016-07-18 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    Which autist thought putting Beastie Boys in the trailer for fucking Star Trek was a good idea?

And it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy reddit-tier 9gag action-ridden garbage.

Just fucking let that franchise die already. Fucking Jar Jar Abrahams.
    Last edited by mmoc6804e0b8db; 2015-12-14 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuurik View Post
    Which autist thought putting Beastie Boys in the trailer for fucking Star Trek was a good idea?

And it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy reddit-tier 9gag action-ridden garbage.

JJ Abrams isn't even doing Star Trek anymore. But okay.. hate away...

I'm fucking excited! The new Star Trek movies are amazing! Can't wait.

I thought the choice in music fit the trailer to be honest.

Will have to wait and see if the movie is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    JJ Abrams isn't even doing Star Trek anymore. But okay.. hate away...
    I`m not even Star Trek fan. Star Wars is my fandom and I`m going to see TFA tommorow and from the whispers from my local theater, they say it`s good - the same people who said that JJ`s Star Trek was shit before anyone else got to see it.

I hate JJ for what he did to ST and always will. This shit we saw in the trailer is a logical evolution of the shit he squeezed out of himself two times in a row.

But I simply recognize the cultural importance of Star Trek to the sci-fi and space fantasy community. I`ve barely seen 80% of the legacy material but it`s great and extremely valuable.
    This trailer has NOTHING in common with the Star Trek that so many people love and adore.

The new Star Trek movies are amazing!
    Confirmed for not knowing a thing about ST.

- - - Updated - - -

G-A-R-B-A-G-E

10+ Year Old Account
    the legacy of star trek also included battle/action/adventure, not just the space exploring nature of it too.

you really think space exploring will make a good movie?

they tried to do that with the original movies before the reboot, they fell flat on their faces.

the reboot did a good job reviving the personalities of the original cast, i don't see why you are hating on that?

i will partially agree though that ST has become more avengersified with the stupid witty one liners and crappy dialogue though, so ill give you that.
    Last edited by Darkrulerxxx; 2015-12-14 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed for not knowing a thing about ST.]
    I don't care if it's called Star Trek, Star Wars, Stargate, Star Fuck Me In The Ass... as long as I enjoy watching it, it's a good movie for me.

Excited for this one, so many blockbusters >_>

Deleted
    Which autist thought putting Beastie Boys in the trailer for fucking Star Trek was a good idea
    So you hate Beastie Boys (which is a crime by it self) and dont like the trailer then why the fuck are you even here?

15+ Year Old Account
    Bleh.....didn't like the trailer. Never liked any Star Trek and this doesn't seem interesting either.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Well to be fair, Star Trek is much better as a TV show where they can go do a random philosophical episode such as "TNG: The Measure of a Man"

Deleted
    I maintain my position: any Star Trek series or a movie without the USS Enterprise in the main role isn't a true Star Trek series or a movie. Apparently this movie will fall into that category. Have to watch it, of course, but meh.

So...Fast & The Furious meet Mad Max, and they blow up the ship like in the first Star Trek III. hmm...

Er...that song was in the first movie. (or am I crazy?)

Guardians of the Galaxy was a good movie.

JJ Abrams didn't direct this one.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Deleted
    Critics and viewers universally applaud and enjoyed the Star Trek reboots. Mmo champ hive mind full of hatred though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Myeh, it looks better than ID:Resurgance, but not by much.

I just can't buy into a Star Trek movie with no trekking through stars...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yea, song was in first one, but I don't really care for a modern day song being used in a Trek trailer. It does seem a lot like GotG with a Trek theme. I liked GotG, but I would rather new Trek be more like the old Trek. More space and sci-fi, not just another action flick with sci-fi elements.

Lol, did you copy this post from /tv/?
    Blizzard White Knighting is not allowed

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the last two.

This one has me skeptical....I don't like the look of the love interest story with that alien chick and Kirk. I can smell the cheese from here

And justin lin as the director doesnt have many directing credits other than fast and furious and season 2 of true detective.../gulp

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really think much of the trailer, but I enjoyed the first one and thought the second was likeable enough. So I'll be checking this out at some stage.

Is this a planned trilogy or are they going to milk it out for as many as they can?