[Megathread] Mafia III

Mafia3 is coming to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One in 2016, publisher 2K Games announced today alongside the first trailer for the upcoming game.

Mafia III is taking the series in a direction few could have predicted.
    Set in New Orleans in the 1960s, Mafia III stars Lincoln Clay, a black Vietnam veteran who began life as an orphan. Without a family to keep him on the straight and narrow, young Lincoln sought companionship in gangs, the church, and the army, all to no avail.
    After his stint in Vietnam, Lincoln headed to New Orleans and joined up with the black mob. Though the black mob once had ties to the Mafia, there was a falling out, and the closest thing Lincoln ever had to a family was violently wrenched away from him. Rather than run, Lincoln decides to fight back, and he teams up with a small crew to dismantle the Italian mob in New Orleans and build a new family to call his own.

The game is set in an era when racial tension was high in America, specifically in 1968, when Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. At the same time, anti-war sentiment was growing; the public wanted an end to the struggle in Vietnam. Lincoln, who is both black and a veteran of the war, is a character that must face the harsh realities of both conflicts while he searches for a place to call home. A reimagined New Orleans in 1968, one of the most tumultuous years in American history. This version of New Orleans is bustling with activity, complete with era-inspired cars, fashion and music. During this turbulent time, a cloud of corruption hangs in the air and the city has become a haven for organized crime. The Italian mob controls illegal gambling, drugs, and prostitution, while corrupt police and politicians line their pockets with the proceeds.

"The Mafia franchise is known for its immersive sense of time and place, and for presenting compelling stories about life within organized crime," said Haden Blackman, studio head and creative director at developer Hanger 13, in a press release. "In Mafia 3, we are introducing players to an unexpected new anti-hero and an iconic city to explore, all within a hard-boiled drama set during one of the most turbulent years in American history."

Throughout the riveting story of Mafia III, players choose their path to revenge and build their own crime empire using cunning, stalking and deception, or through overwhelming force and firepower. Mafia III combines the best of cinematic storytelling with a dynamic narrative structure that responds to player choices, set in a vibrant city that responds to Lincoln’s actions.

Official Trailer:

Gameplay preview:

PS4 Screenshots (PC is said to be roughly the same):

Will keep this updated.
    Last edited by Azurenys; 2015-08-06 at 09:05 AM.
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

Interesting...
    I was expecting some Italian main character

Personally this version of game reminds me of the Driver series sooo much.

And we finally get to look from a totally different perspective on the whole Mafia part of the history. ^^
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

10+ Year Old Account

I enjoyed part 2, so I'm def picking this up.