Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea guys, most games that come out on PS4 come out on PC. Except the guys stating this don't get the point.

Infamous Second Son
    Bloodborne
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Uncharted 4
    Until Dawn
    The Last Guardian
    Ni-Oh
    Persona 5
    Gravity Rush 2
    Yakuza 0
    Ni No Kuni 2
    Nier Automata
    Star Ocean 5
    God of War
    Ratchet & Clank
    Sly Cooper
    Project Setsuna
    Detroit

All games already out or coming out in the next 24 months(most far less time then that) that you will only be able to play on PS4.

Also that is just the games that I am sure won't leave the console, not even counting the ones I doubt will be ported to PC but have a chance at it like KH, FF, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I can count the PS4 games that run at sub 1080 on one hand and they're all 3rd party shit by publishers notorious for rushing games out(Ubisoft and EA). These same games aren't exactly optimized great on PC either for the most part.
    but it's not just hitting 1080, how many of those games in 1080 are sitting at a stable 60 frames throughout the entire experience with zero hiccups underneath it. The answer is maybe one? PC has had one horrible port so far this generation and that is no fault of the platform but the developer/publisher not putting actual effort towards that port. It has had a couple hiccups aside from that but not absolutely horrible either. But there's no arguing with you, you'll just come back with why you're right and won't even look past your nose to believe anything anyone but you says is correct.

Also your PS4 list, are not all technically AAA games that everyone will want to play. A lot of them are AAA niche games. Like Persona 5, will be a great game for sure, however how many has the entire series sold? Don't worry you won't have to look it up, but as of may the ENTIRE series has sold around 6 million. So yes it's a AAA game, but it's a niche game. Just like at least seven of the other games you listed are technically a niche AAA game.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2015-12-15 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    but it's not just hitting 1080, how many of those games in 1080 are sitting at a stable 60 frames throughout the entire experience with zero hiccups underneath it.
    The answer is any many games as aim for 60 fps. You're completely ignorant to video game design if you think frame rate is tied to hardware. It's tied to what you aim for. Stronger hardware = vast majority of developers beef up graphics further and still aim for 30 fps. You do understand this right? Or do you think 60 fps is some phenomenon PC games invented in the last 8 years? We have had 60 fps console games dating back to the Genesis and SNES.

The Wii U has more games that target 60 fps then the PS4 and XB1 yet has less powerful hardware. Same with the Wii compared to the PS3 and 360. You get it now? There isn't some magical hardware that achieves 60 fps. For every ounce of strength you add into your console it can be used to make a game look prettier while still targeting 30 fps.

Also your PS4 list, are not all technically AAA games that everyone will want to play. A lot of them are AAA niche games. Like Persona 5, will be a great game for sure, however how many has the entire series sold? Don't worry you won't have to look it up, but as of may the ENTIRE series has sold around 6 million. So yes it's a AAA game, but it's a niche game. Just like at least seven of the other games you listed are technically a niche AAA game.
    I listed 18 games. The average gamer doesn't buy 18 games in a 24 month span. So if you're throwing out the main stream not everyone will buy it card well... joke is on you. That is a significant chunk of exclusives that will all be reviewed favorably.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-12-15 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The only opinion piece was about the games. However, give me between both systems 10 AAA games I won't be able to play on PC. Right now all I can think of are Halo 5, Forza 6, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne. While there are more coming out in the coming years, as we speak now there isn't much that you can't also play on PC. As far as me talking hardware, that is not opinion at all. A lot of games are 900 or 720 now because these consoles can't handle 1080p/60 stably. That's not saying there are zero games for either system that can run 1080/60 but the newer games that are more graphically taxing are being reduced to 900 on PS4 and 720 on xbox. Meanwhile I don't think I've played anything under 1080 on my PC in at least...if I had to honestly guess...six to eight years. I don't even recall. The hardware for these systems is junk, that much isn't opinion it is fact. I do know there are reasons to own the consoles, however with this gen seeing more PC ports, the reasons are becoming less and less.
    First off most games on ps4 is 1080p. The only ones that isn't is DICE games and I do believe Dying Light. Second there is some 1080p/60fps games on both platforms.

Finally I don't care if its 1080p or 720p personally. As long as the game is fun. I would trade 1080p/30fps for 720p/60fps in a heart beat but as long as the 30fps is mostly stable I don't care really.

I got a gaming PC but my core gaming is on my ps4 and its not collecting dust. I sold both my XB1/WIIU because nether really had games I wanted. Even more so after the BS that was Halo 5.

Both the Ps4/XB1 can pull 1080p/60fps thats if the devs want that over graphics.

- - - Updated - - -

--snip--
    Horizon: Zero Dawn looks fucken amazing just saying. Thats day 1 buy for me.

Going off your list
    Infamous Second Son I own it and platium it
    Bloodborne I own it and platium it
    Horizon: Zero Dawn Day 1 buy for me
    Uncharted 4 Will about it after I buy and beat the collection before it
    Until Dawn I own it and beat it
    The Last Guardian I will own it day 1
    Ni-Oh Don't remember this title right off hand
    Persona 5 Never got into the Persona games but I may check it out
    Gravity Rush 2 Going to buy the remaster and then maybe this day 1
    Yakuza 0 Seems interesting may pick it up
    Ni No Kuni 2 Seems interesting never got to play the first one
    Nier Automata Looks sick day 1 for me. Can't go wrong with platium games
    Star Ocean 5 Never been a star ocean fan but I may check it out
    God of War Its god of war ill own it
    Ratchet & Clank Will be buying this for both me and my gf
    Sly Cooper Will be buying this for both me and my gf
    Project Setsuna Don't remember this title
    Detroit Looks interesting got to see more tho
    Ur list doesn't include the exclusive indy titles ether. Dam my wallet is going to hurt over the next couple years.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-15 at 05:41 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

[...] Stronger hardware = vast majority of developers beef up graphics further and still aim for 30 fps.
    [...]
    For every ounce of strength you add into your console it can be used to make a game look prettier while still targeting 30 fps. [...]
    You know, the irony of this is that every time a pc gamer brings up graphics (resolution included), whilst having high framerates, the console users then revert to spouting it's all about the game play. So you're losing fps and basic resolution, for the sake of "pretty" graphics, that you apparently don't care about because only the content matters. You guys need to make up your minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You know, the irony of this is that every time a pc gamer brings up graphics (resolution included), whilst having high framerates, the console users then revert to spouting it's all about the game play. So you're losing fps and basic resolution, for the sake of "pretty" graphics, that you apparently don't care about because only the content matters. You guys need to make up your minds.
    Or maybe some people are fine with 30fps and the gameplay can still be fun for them

The Average gamer on all platforms doesn't know what fps is or gives two fucks even more so on consoles. As long as the game is fun and looks better then last gen they are happy. In truth console gamers are the most easy to please compared to PC gamers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I don't think you understood what I said, because it wasn't an opinion it's a fact.

Developers will use all the power they can to make a game look better and target 30 fps 9/10 times in AAA development. It has been this way for much longer then your stupid PCvsConsole war has existed.

I don't think you understood what I said, because it wasn't an opinion it's a fact.

Developers will use all the power they can to make a game look better and target 30 fps 9/10 times in AAA development. It has been this way for much longer then your stupid PCvsConsole war has existed.
    Yep this is true because graphics sells.

I remember when ND said Uncharted would be 60fps/1080p no matter what. Take awild guess what its at now.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-15 at 06:08 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Framerate doesn't matter on console.
    Framerate always matters. For quite a lot of us, 30fps is completely unacceptable and a deal breaker. I can't even stand to look at 30fps, it makes my eyes hurt.

A couple developers have tried to lock games to 30fps on PC. Those games either completely bombed, or were patched to remove the cap.

You both missed my point. Consoles are sacrificing performance (fps) for higher graphics/resolution, but you're not actually gaining graphical quality. So why bother in the first place when you could have it more playable (better, more stable fps)
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-12-15 at 12:49 PM.

You both missed my point. Consoles are sacrificing performance (fps) for higher graphics/resolution, but you're not actually gaining graphical quality. So why bother in the first place when you could have it more playable (better, more stable fps)
    People act like its in our control.

I have done stated this before but ill state it again. The Average gamer (More so on Console then PC) doesn't even know what FPS is. They could give two fucks less as long as the game looks better then last gen they are happy.

Are you running all the games I listed above on your PC at a higher frame rate then on PS4?

I mean maybe you will in in 2025 when there is a stable PS4 emulator...

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you running all the games I listed above on your PC at a higher frame rate then on PS4?

I mean maybe you will in in 2025 when there is a stable PS4 emulator...
    is there even ps2/3 emulator yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    I got to ask are you trying to imply there is a ps3 emulator on pc?

Sorry if I read ur comment out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    PS2 yes, PS3 no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1.Buy System.
    2.Buy Game.
    3.Buy Playstation Plus($50 A year).
    4.Connect to the Interner via wireless or wired connect. I highly recommend wired because the wireless on ps4 is shit.
    5.Must have a HD TV or something you can hook it to via HD.
    6.Profit.
    I've never had any problems in the 8 or 9 months I've had the console for (that aren't due to the game directly, maintenances for example) with wi-fi connection on the PS4.

OT: It's mostly been stated already, look into stuff befor making a decision, you may end up feeling it was the wrong one for what ever reason. But, with that said, I'd say it is worth it, honestly, I bought my PS4 just for Bloodborne, and boy am I glad I did that. Other games I have I've enjoyed playing aswell.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Unless it was missed in a previous post, I recommend The Last of Us Remastered assuming you haven't played it on PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Not much different than playing a PC game on your TV, except for the price if you already have a PC (if you already have, all you need is a cable and a controller). Mine has everything needed for me to play games on a tons of " screen (projector) from my couch. Don't really see the appeal of current consoles, very few interesting exclusivities, nothing spectacular graphics-wise, relatively expensive. Also I'm not sure when paying to be able to play online became the norm, but there's no way I'd spend $60 a year for it (had almost every major console except latest generation, played online only on 360 when Microsoft messed up and gave me a free access for 2 years).

Seems to be the only great thing about all those shitty port from console we get on PC, at least we can play these easily on a "console-like" environment since controls are already made for that.
    Except, most games have terrible support for controllers (since it's developed for a keyboard and a mouse). In terms of gaming experience, a PC connected to a TV with a controller is inferior compared to a console. The only advantage of such PC setup would be graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Except, most games have terrible support for controllers (since it's developed for a keyboard and a mouse). In terms of gaming experience, a PC connected to a TV with a controller is inferior compared to a console. The only advantage of such PC setup would be graphics.
    That might have been true 5-10 years ago. Now it's more about PC games that have terrible support for mouse and keyboard and just use a quick console port. Take a look at Fallout 4 (even remapping keys is bugged), Dark Souls, Mad max or ESO for the first ones that come to mind. I've stopped playing 2 of these on PC mostly because of the terrible controls made for gamepad and not mouse.

For some game it's definitely true, but I wouldn't say "most games" nowadays.
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    That's ignorance at it's finest. Unless the game absolutely requires KB/M then chances are it actually has controller support now. I don't recall any games aside from RTS/city builders in my steam library where I can't use a controller to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think that these comments all can use like a detailed guide to buying PC4 Like an official topic)