Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[Speculation - Legion] Doomhammer, 2-Hands not DW?

People would rather just tell me I am wrong and criticize me for making a suggestion about a possibility than actually discuss like adults.
    Last edited by High-Chief Greathoof; 2015-12-16 at 07:10 AM.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kay Fernalld View Post
    This is not a thread about which would be better, dual wield versus two-handed. All I am asking is could this be a part of the reason that Shaman is the ONLY class not available in the current alpha build? I will leave it here for discussion.
    Many think it's because of the unfinished class order hall.

I really would love to see 2h Shaman again - loved it in TBC. And to bring Doomhammer down to a 1h mace is... meh.

this would be the time to do it if they did, but this wouldnt be the only spec that would get the treatment, DWFrost would have got the same.
    mostly since 2hFrost has actually been usable the whole time where as 2h enh hasnt been supported for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And to bring Doomhammer down to a 1h mace is... meh.
    has it ever been a 2h?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    this would be the time to do it if they did, but this wouldnt be the only spec that would get the treatment, DWFrost would have got the same.
    mostly since 2hFrost has actually been usable the whole time where as 2h enh hasnt been supported for a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

has it ever been a 2h?

I don't know, in my imagination it always has been a huge hammer. Imagine the mighty Orgrim wielding a 1h Doomhammer and killing the glorious Lothar with that weapon...

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kay Fernalld View Post
    I remember seeing in the Legion feature trailer shown at GamesCon that Doomhammer was being held in both hands, and searching for the picture I found it:

It appears that the Female Tauren is holding Doomhammer in both hands, rather than one hand with the energy version in the off-hand. I like this much better than the silly "energy weapon" to supplement the Doomhammer to support the current Enhancement playstyle, and could this explain why Shamans are unavailable on the Legion Alpha because Blizzard is working on tuning numbers and such to change Enhancement from dual wield to two-handed playstyle, along with finishing the Artifact weapon questline for the other two specializations?

This is not a thread about which would be better, dual wield versus two-handed. All I am asking is could this be a part of the reason that Shaman is the ONLY class not available in the current alpha build? I will leave it here for discussion.
    I'd say that is a huge stretch based on a single very early screen grab vs much newer media, all datamined info, and the developers themselves suggesting that its 1h.

has it ever been a 2h?
    Not since Thrall has had it, he had the hilt replaced and has always used it as a 1her, even back in vanilla when it sheathed on his back he swung it 1h.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Many think it's because of the unfinished class order hall.

I really would love to see 2h Shaman again - loved it in TBC. And to bring Doomhammer down to a 1h mace is... meh.
    Could be because of the Class Hall. A part of me wishes it is because of the change in playstyle, as I think a Orc Enhancement Shaman wielding a two-handed Doomhammer would look particularly bad ass.

has it ever been a 2h?
    What I tried to say is that Doomhammer will force the two-handed playstyle and do away with the dual wield one, just like Frost Death Knights but opposite.

Doomhammer was sited to be a very large mace when wielded by Orgrim Doomhammer, the original owner. It became one-handed when Thrall replaced the hilt.

"Although the hilt of the hammer has been replaced, the actual hammerhead itself has endured as a testament of the crafter's skill." From http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'd say that is a huge stretch based on a single very early screen grab vs much newer media, all datamined info, and the developers themselves suggesting that its 1h.
    Huge stretch or not, only time will tell. This is, after all, just speculation.
    Last edited by High-Chief Greathoof; 2015-12-14 at 11:59 PM.

I guess the picture is just zooming the weapon to present it to the viewers in the slide show.
    not sure why there is again a discussion about 2 hand... I mean dev stated multiple times it is a 1 hand weapon, you get a magic duplicate in the off hand and there are no plans to bring back 2 hands for enhancers.

even thrall is wielding it with one hand so please stop this threads. get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously think that Doomhammer for enhance is 2H and not 1 Handed, or Main Hand.
    Why? Here's why; Almost all DW Artifacts come as a pair in the Database. Eventhough that Doomhammer is listed as MH, I still believe that it's a 2H weapon.

Rogues having Anguish + Sorrow for assassination, Fate + Fortune for Outlaw, Fangs of the Devourer for sub.
    Frost DKs having Icebringer and Frostreaper.
    Feral druids having Fangs of Ashamane. (They share the same name, but they're OH+MH)
    Guardian druids having Claws of Ursoc (Sharing names again) OH+MH.
    Demon hunters having Aldrachi Warblades OH+MH.
    WW Monks having A'buraq + Ra'eid

Also, when you go to Artifact Talent Calculator, you'll see that enhance shammies have only 1 wep.
    So at the end, I think we're getting a 2H Doomhammer instead of a single Doomhammer, or DWing Doomhammers.
    Last edited by Zincca; 2015-12-15 at 02:15 AM.

You can already see Doomhammer in the dressing room, there no question that it is a 1her.

http://legion.wowhead.com/dressing-r...9Mk9o87NB0N87M

I don't think that it will be a 2h wep. They will probably add a new effect to the main hand DH like: Doomhammer conjures a fiery replica of itself in wielders off-hand.

BUT I would really love for us to have a legendary DH, like it was before in Orgrim's hands (2handed mace), and not this adjusted little mace green Jesus had b4 Legion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincca View Post
    I seriously think that Doomhammer for enhance is 2H and not 1 Handed, or Main Hand.
    Why? Here's why; Almost all DW Artifacts come as a pair in the Database. Eventhough that Doomhammer is listed as MH, I still believe that it's a 2H weapon.

Rogues having Anguish + Sorrow for assassination, Fate + Fortune for Outlaw, Fangs of the Devourer for sub.
    Feral druids having Fangs of Ashamane. (They share the same name, but they're OH+MH)

Also, when you go to Artifact Talent Calculator, you'll see that enhance shammies have only 1 wep.
    So at the end, I think we're getting a 2H Doomhammer instead of a single Doomhammer, or DWing Doomhammers.
    nice theory but doomhamer as the only one will have elemental wersion of itself in offhand and that crushes all you wrote ;P

to 2h, vanilla was nice time for shamans but one shoting ppls with wf will not come back so who cares if its 2h or 2x 1h its only aesthetics and if someone like 2h so much no one stops equiping it and looking on it in garrison or somewhere neutral :P
    dont tell me someone is paing atention to aesthetics while actually plaing serious things :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe how much people can be deluded.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

I think it would be a massive missed opportunity for Blizzard to not acknowledge the long time request for the return of 2h enhancement and at least offer the option to do it.

Everyone else is getting the fan service. And arguably shamans need it the most.

I'd probably switch to Enhancement if they went 2h, currently though I don't think I'll be playing a shaman next expansion because they are turning Ele into a guardian style spec with the different types of elementals all over the place. (not that it's a bad design for the spec I just don't like summons that much)

Quote Originally Posted by Zincca View Post

I used similar reasoning a while ago to at least give us a 2hd visual transmog option:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post35600767

Just 1hd though. It doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormstrike, Lava Lash, Windfury and our ability to still Dual Wield all point to getting 2 Doomhammers. Plus, DHammer is a MH, not a 2H or OH, MAIN HAND.

Get over it, we're not getting 2h Doomhammer.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    I can't believe how much people can be deluded.
    Yeah, I know right? Just talking about a possibility and how cool that could be - but then someone has to run in here and make an insulting post. How annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Kreghar View Post
    Get over it, we're not getting 2h Doomhammer.
    I remember someone saying to someone else to get over the fact that Demon Hunters would never be added to the game, then that Metamorphosis would not be removed from Demonology Warlocks, and further then that Frost Death Knights would never be forced into dual wield and the option of two-handed would remain. Those did not go well...

Also, what is preventing Blizzard from redesigning the specialization to meet with a two-handed weapon playstyle? Nothing. There is an opportunity and possibility. Blizzard is also doing extended work on the Shaman class, the only class disabled in the Legion alpha, so why not because they are reworking Enhancement? It might not be, but it could be.
    Last edited by High-Chief Greathoof; 2015-12-16 at 03:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see little reason why Enhancement shamans can't be two handers. I mean yeah we've seen Thrall use it as a one hand but some of the melee animations are sometimes used with one hand. That's just how combat works sometimes. Also Thrall used it in a two hander way against Garrosh in their cinematic cutscene.

I only recently started a Shaman and I'm saying this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you man, it's a bigass opportunity to make Enhance a 2H spec, there's no discussion on THAT matter. I would LOVE 2H Enhancement myself, I miss it a lot!

The problem is that EVERYTHING that is now on the Alpha is focused on DW and there is absolutely nothing pointing at a gigantic change like making it 2H.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreghar View Post
    The problem is that EVERYTHING that is now on the Alpha is focused on DW and there is absolutely nothing pointing at a gigantic change like making it 2H.
    So alpha is set in stone and nothing is allowed to change? I have a hard time following your logic. Remember what Blizzard said at the start of the alpha, we are seeing old builds and things that have already been removed. The Shaman class is not even available yet, so nothing related to them in current alpha builds should be taken seriously (in truth, nothing in alpha should be, but that is another topic for another time).

If Blizzard sees positive reception of two-handed Enhancement, they might just add it. What do we have to lose?