How to PERMANENTLY leave a group text on iMessage?

All,

I'll make this quick. I've got an iPhone, and I'm aware of how to leave a group message. Is it possible to make it so you can't be added back to a group message once you've left it? There's a couple group texts I'm in where someone will re-create a similar group after I've left it or people will add me back in as a joke, but I'm trying to figure out how to permanently stop myself from being added to groups with certain people in them.

Is this possible? I don't want to have to change my number or anything because some of my friends are dumb, so I'm trying to see if there's some solution I'm not aware of.
    www.mustseepics.com - A Blog For The Best Photographs From Across The Web

Instead of removing yourself, just disable all notifications from the group message. You can access this by going to the "details" button in the top right corner of the screen while in the group text. From there, go down to the switch where it says "do not disturb".

Quote Originally Posted by Alexanderjac View Post
    Instead of removing yourself, just disable all notifications from the group message. You can access this by going to the "details" button in the top right corner of the screen while in the group text. From there, go down to the switch where it says "do not disturb".
    I've done that before, but there's been times where I haven't checked my phone in a couple hours and I'll have 200+ texts & 20% battery left because of it. It's pretty annoying, and that's part of what I'm trying to take care of by permanently leaving these groups.

there is an option in the settings to turn off 'Group Messaging'. don't know what it does but you can try it

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    there is an option in the settings to turn off 'Group Messaging'. don't know what it does but you can try it
    It actually....turns off group messaging. I know it's cray.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    He doesn't want to turn off all group messaging. he just wants to leave one specific group chat. DERP.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    He doesn't want to turn off all group messaging. he just wants to leave one specific group chat. DERP.
    Exactly. There are plenty of groups that I love to be in, but a couple I'd prefer to leave but can't.