So confused about Aff trinkets right now.

Just came back to wow after months break, and wondering which trinkets to upgrade first.
    Haven't done any mythic yet and have all H trinkets.

After reading through the forum everyone says that DSI and UGoS are to go trinks for aff (exclude frag).
    But i tried simmed my lock, CSP and IRP are the best.

Even in Gahddo sim http://downloads.simulationcraft.org..._Trinkets.html
    shows that DSI bring the highest number to the table apart from Frag, and Piston is better than UGoS and DSI.

So any explanation would be greatly appreciated.
    Guess I have to farm kazzak for Warforged socket CSP rofl.

P.S. Is voidsight numberin this chart the one from demon boss fight? or it s just purely better than other trinkets?

Ty so much

It really depends on the encounter and different trinket setups will give you different results.
    You could choose to play with or without fragment and still do well but your burst and sustained DPS will differ.

Generally, running with Fragment and DSI you'll be fine on most encounters.
    Use void sight on demon bosses, Fragment+voidsight for sustained DPS, DSI+voidsight for high burst, I prefer sustained DPS myself.
    Fragment also gives you more corruption ticks over less time which is more shard procs in other words.

While CSP scales nicely with the ring it eventually loses to other trinkets as you gear up, still not bad to have an upgraded 721 wf upgraded version.

Don't rely on the sims you see they are not accurate to use in most if not all HFC encounters, it just gives you an idea where to start.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mejren View Post
    It really depends on the encounter and different trinket setups will give you different results.
    You could choose to play with or without fragment and still do well but your burst and sustained DPS will differ.

Generally, running with Fragment and DSI you'll be fine on most encounters.
    Use void sight on demon bosses, Fragment+voidsight for sustained DPS, DSI+voidsight for high burst, I prefer sustained DPS myself.
    Fragment also gives you more corruption ticks over less time which is more shard procs in other words.

While CSP scales nicely with the ring it eventually loses to other trinkets as you gear up, still not bad to have an upgraded 721 wf upgraded version.

Don't rely on the sims you see they are not accurate to use in most if not all HFC encounters, it just gives you an idea where to start.
    From my experience, DSI+Fragment is way better for almost any encounter.

Only exceptions where VoidSight is better than fragments are vs demon bosses where the fight is really short. The longer the fight, the better the classtrinket. (I repeat, from my experience. Would love to hear other's opinions)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    Just came back to wow after months break, and wondering which trinkets to upgrade first.
    Haven't done any mythic yet and have all H trinkets.

After reading through the forum everyone says that DSI and UGoS are to go trinks for aff (exclude frag).
    But i tried simmed my lock, CSP and IRP are the best.

Even in Gahddo sim http://downloads.simulationcraft.org..._Trinkets.html
    shows that DSI bring the highest number to the table apart from Frag, and Piston is better than UGoS and DSI.

So any explanation would be greatly appreciated.
    Guess I have to farm kazzak for Warforged socket CSP rofl.

P.S. Is voidsight numberin this chart the one from demon boss fight? or it s just purely better than other trinkets?

Ty so much
    also on some fights DSI and Voidshift trinket (BOA from Mythics), sims a lot higher on Fel Lord Zakuun, Tyrant, Mannaroth, Archy.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my experience DSI + Fragment will get you through every encounter consistently. If you like to gamble a bit then you can take DSI + Voidsight on Demon bosses. The gamble is the possibility of being shard starved (since Fragment really smooths that out) for the potential of great Voidsight uptime (my logs have shown anywhere from 24%-51%). Personally I've been liking DSI + Fragment always since I'd rather do 140k on Zakuun then the chance to do between 130-150k (as an oversimplified example).

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Fragment or better + DSI trumps everything for affliction IMO. The consistent shard generation alone makes that combo worth it over everything else.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

There is already a current discussion happening about this in prior pages on the Affliction sticky and it's in the OP of the same sticky found here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

CLOSED.