Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Enchanting is pretty easy to use but its daily tends to always be a good trade and procs... Whatever the new elemental crafting material is the name escapes me.

Inscription makes very good money but takes more effort to learn since you have to kinda know the glyph market. very few people buy cards anymore.
    Humble glyph vendor here.
    I agree. Selling glyphs has a low barrier of entry but requires perseverance, knowledge and a decent server. I consider it a second game and find it quite satisfying.
    It's slow in coming, but I'll be making a guide to setting up an operation in the coming weeks/months =)

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    If you want to be obnoxious what does best market mean? Little competition? Sells fast but at low profit? Sells slow but at high profit?
    What i am trying to say is that everyone's "good advice", "tip", specific mention of a product, market etc may be useful or not, due to a lot of variables. That's why you cannot help people like the OP who asks vague questions like "which professions are most profitable" and try to help him with vague answers like "sell well", "enchanting", "glyphs" etc. And if you think my answer about "best markets" was not intentional, it seems you never read my answers. In WoW, any answer may be hit for one and miss for another. Like the trade chat retards who ask "which class does more dps". Like the player skill, experience and type of encounter don't matter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post

Anyone had luck with profitting off Epic Gems? On my realm they seem to be rather meh. A price of immaculate gem is ca. 4000 gold and I need total of 150 taladite & 15 felblights. I can reduce taladite crystal cost by 50 by buying the blue gem on AH but still, that's not a good investment. I sell my Mighty & Savage taladite amplifiers for far better gold/taladite.
    i have 4 jcs on my primary realm. given your example theyre around free 2k gold every 2.5 days if you buy the gems. crafting blue gems is hardly ever worth it (ild pick 2k for 100 taladite instead of 200 for 50 any day). nice profit for very low effort. hence its my go to profession together with tailoring which has less profit but higher turnover rate and even less hassle (no felblight involved).
    Last edited by mmoc12739b337f; 2015-12-23 at 08:55 AM.

Currently on my realm, enchants are a bigger seller. The price of temporal crystals has sky rocketed. They are currently 180g each. Occasionally someone pops them on the Auction House for about 120-130g though. I have 5 enchanters (all with the garrison enchant plot), so this comes in really handy. Also, old enchants sell really well on my realm also - may be worth a while to look at on yours. Same applies to Jewelcrafting as well as old crafted gear. I find alchemy to be the worst at the moment.

Deleted
    On my lil cluster of servers, I'm making fairly decent scratch off weapon/gift of enchants, and oddly Blacksmithing (namely, weapon upgrades) - I'm guessing alot of people are levelling alts up. Honestly though, most of my money comes from running FL/DS on multiple characters to try and get the bleedin' mount drops...

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Professions aren't really that profitable right now.
    You can make WAY more money just playing the game.
    Doing the 25 man Heroic Cata raids is the place to start as well.
    This is absolutely incorrect. Professions are the most profitable way of making money. And the way to do it, is to know your realms market, choosing the best profession suited to it and familiarizing yourself with the Auction House.

Now if you don't like to make gold this way and don't want to bother checking AH frequently for good deals and undercutting your rivals, you may just go Tailoring/enchanting. Do old raids and sell the raw material you get.

----------------------

Now if u're choosing to be an AH player use these resources to help you get a headstart:

https://theunderminejournal.com

Choose your region and realm. check professions and the deals that pop up. for example: https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/kazzak

I can see in my realm there are players who control enchanting and tailoring. That means going *alls to the wall may be hard. But still I can sell my tailoring and enchanting mats for a price nevertheless.

http://www.wowuction.com/

Another great tool for analyzing your realm and choosing what's best.

https://www.tradeskillmaster.com/

Best addon out there to manage your AH trade skills.

What to keep away from as a new player:

• Transmog market : It's really hard to find what's best. You would have a very niche market. Require a lot of patience and by the time legion comes this will get a rise in the first month for everyone to complete their wardrobe then die a slow death.

• Flipping Items : It sound tempting to buy all the True Iron Ore on AH for 10k and put em up for 15k. BUT there are a lot of big AH players that would screw you over and have a plan to counter these kinda flips.

TL;DR :
    For passive gold making (Tailoring/Enchanting : Doing 25HC old raids everyweek)
    For active gold making (wowuction/undermine : Check what's best for your realm. Try hard to earn big money)
    Last edited by Helpax; 2015-12-24 at 05:49 AM. Reason: added UMJ and instructions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpax View Post
    It sound tempting to buy all the True Iron Ore on AH for 10k and put em up for 15k. BUT there are a lot of big AH players that would screw you over and have a plan to counter these kinda flips.
    Yeah. Or sometimes they both do the mistake of assuming they can go against each other. I keep seeing people trying to reset and the right course of action in some cases is to let them do it, because they only make you richer.

It's important to understand the difference between 'what sells' and 'what's profitable.'

there is for example quite a consistent market for raid consumables, the reasons for which ought to be obvious. Crafting such as flasks and 125 food isn't really profitable (on a populated server) vs. just selling the raw materials though, because the crafting process creates no value (the market value of clicking the 'craft' button and waiting a couple minutes is very low.) This is equally true for weapon/trinket upgrades, but those are worth enough gold that it's possible to make some money on arbitrage.

This is why I recommended enchanting; disenchanting is the easiest way to use a profession to create value (DE 20-40g epics into shards that sell for 80-100g or more, boom done.)

Another excellent way of making money if you have alts on multiple servers is battle pet flipping; price difference between high pop and low pop realms is frequently quite stark, which means that even a low-effort seller can make some decent change on arbitrage.

I make good gold with LW, JC and inscription.

LW is super for me, but depends on realm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MGSeI1GhA0 this is what I do mostly, also havent made for inscription but its basicly do transmutes for my other craft needs, make shoulder enchants and some other things like upgrade token.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2015-12-27 at 01:39 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO