Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

50g required to type in Trade Chat???

Would you be in favor of a change that Blizzard would implement to try to reduce trolling and make trade chat more of a place to actually trade stuff? What if they charged you the player a one time (Per day, per character) entry fee of 50g to be able to type into trade chat?

That way if you actually are serious about wanting to trade with other players, you would pay the daily entry fee to be able to advertise in trade for your goods.

What do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    No

10 characters.

Deleted
    Actually I would be in favor of a change that Curse would implement to try to reduce trolling. Somebody who starts a certain amount of threads and gets banned a certain amount of times should pay a re-entry fee of 5$ to start threads again.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

NO. Jaylock. NO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Actually I would be in favor of a change that Curse would implement to try to reduce trolling. Somebody who starts a certain amount of threads and gets banned a certain amount of times should pay a re-entry fee of 5$ to start threads again.
    Is my suggestion not a valid thought on how to make trade chat more pleasant for those who are actually trying to trade, and not post anal jokes and thunderfury jokes?

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    It's a real stupid idea, most trolls are just bored folks, they would gladly pay 50g to piss you off. Come on dude, think this shit out a bit.

Why do you guys keep falling for Jaylocks troll threads? Don't pay attention to the preteen behind the curtain.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-12-18 at 08:56 PM.

It would be nice if Trade chat could be cleaned up a bit but I don't think 50g a day would be anywhere near enough to deter someone from anal jokes and whatnot. People have a lot of gold these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ciggy View Post
    It's a real stupid idea, most trolls are just bored folks, they would gladly pay 50g to piss you off. Come on dude, think this shit out a bit.
    Valid thought. However this would weed out a lot of the cannon fodder just there because they can. If they have to pay 50g every time they want to troll for the day, i think it would curb quite a bit of folks who would otherwise do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    50g per message maybe

You are losing your touch jaylock

Well before this obvious troll thread is locked im gonna answer seriously and say any charge to use trade chat is rediculous and would never work

Wouldnt it cause people to troll harder because they paid 50g? A bored person would make some stupid joke or one of those thunderfury ones. Someone who paid 50g would want his money's worth so he probably would try to start discussing politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

if only the report spam button actully did anything ... Hell give them a in-game silence buff on all comunications per report..(as long as its over a certain amount to avoid abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Is my suggestion not a valid thought on how to make trade chat more pleasant for those who are actually trying to trade, and not post anal jokes and thunderfury jokes?
    All suggestions are 'valid'. Are they well thought out, and explained clearly? Not in this case. Want to know a secret? There are addons you can use that will filter anything with 'anal' or 'thunderfury' or for that matter, any other word or phrase you find objectionable. And you can always add those offenders to your mute list as well, should you find yourself with a full mute list, guess what? there are addons for that as well.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    People would just use /1 for trade then - so simple ...
    And no, lame idea, but I do see the point of OP - trade channel is being used for all crazy stuff , and only a very little trading ..

one time (Per day, per character) entry fee of 50g to be able to slide into my mom
    fixed that for you!

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-12-18 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    I don't know what to think about OP's avatar. Is he serious? Any way, on topic, no, because some characters may be trying to trade to get only 50g while others have 50g for peanuts.

No, I would be in favor of them removing trade from garrisons, making it city specific again, and having GM's make random appearances to remove idiots who spam nonsense in them.

considering 50g is nothing... and to a true new player a hinderince its dumb either way. Please stop posting jaylock.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Would you be in favor of a change that Blizzard would implement to try to reduce trolling and make trade chat more of a place to actually trade stuff? What if they charged you the player a one time (Per day, per character) entry fee of 50g to be able to type into trade chat?

That way if you actually are serious about wanting to trade with other players, you would pay the daily entry fee to be able to advertise in trade for your goods.

What do you think?
    Question is... would you give MMOChampion $50 to post on forums? hehe