Poll: Raiding needs new Incentives to make people excited about it?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

Raiding needs new Incentives to make people excited about it?

Transmogs are extremely streamlined with already millions of different choices available in old content.
    Epic quality gear lost it's meaning a long time ago.
    Item level is only relevant if you intend to progress in raiding. Totally useless for casual non progressive raiders.

All we are doing is replacing epics with newer epics.
    Ignoring transmogs because we already have the ones we like.
    Doing multiple difficulties over and over...and over for the sake of doing hard content.

Some possible ideas:
    • Invent a new color system for gear
    • Special effects on your character (shiny holy balls, Auras, snowflakes,)
    • Make Heroic and Mythic raiding drop legendaries
    • Unique enchants
    • One extra boss or entire wing for each difficulty
    • New spell animations (green fire)
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-16 at 12:43 AM.

I don't think that raiding can really be made more popular or more engaging beyond where it is now. It has its audience, but I doubt it can really be very much expanded upon. Simply because it's a form of content and type of gameplay that's not particularly exciting to a lot of people. In fact, if anything, I feel that their efforts to get more people into raiding in the last few expansions pretty much backfired. I can't imagine anything they could to with it that would make me not find it boring. The organisation, forced commitment and tedium around it is another factor.

Deleted
    mmhhh .. I raid to kill bosses. When I'm bored of the current bosses, I most likely unsub. For me there is enough incentive with new enviroments and "new" bosses, that have slightly different mechanics or old mechanics, combined in a new way.

Most of your ideas are gating content for non raiders, which is ok for me, but probably not for enough other people, who do not want to be "forced" to raid.

If they don't want to do that content, they simply can't have the rewards, but that is just my opinion.

I would integrate machines into bossfights, like the harpoons at razorscale, but more cool

You already get a Mythic mount, achievements, unique xmogs, etc.

If people still aren't incentivized to do it, chances are it's frankly just not fun for a lot of players.

A huge portion of the difficulty of raiding is being able to schedule the time and maintain a roster so you can progress at a fast enough pace to not lose people.

Fact of the matter is, I've been saying it for years and I think Blizzard is catching on... small group content is far more enjoyable and reasonable to participate in on hectic and varying schedules. Get 4 other players together for some challenge modes/D3 G-rift/whatever they are calling it in one night... and complete the whole dungeon in one night = perfect.

Trying to progress on bosses for weeks and weeks and months is just way too much to ask for most people who schedule their gaming time around their lives and not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Special ... snowflakes

There are already way too many special snowflakes in the game. More aren't needed.

Make Heroic and Mythic raiding drop legendaries
    Or just make epics only drop out of them. Same result less qualities to keep track of.

figure out a way for millions of players (who don't raid) to get the enjoyment of a friendly organized raid group without having to stick to a raiding schedule. log on when you want and still do what you want while not having to deal with lfr.

the closest thing i've been able to match that idea to is some of the computer games my friends play against others like chess. you're playing a game together, but you can make your move when you like and the other person will eventually make theirs. i suppose in WoW you'd have to confine it to a week.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2015-12-15 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe cosmetic items will bring me in raids, but only for a short time. I tried to raid a bit Hellfire Citadel on normal for nearly 8 weeks (I wanted the fiery sword for my transmog set) and I got bored after I got it. The pacing is just too slow and it is not enough rewarding. I did not go in Hellfire Citadel since late August. (well I went a few weeks ago to get the moose mount as a carry but it was a matter of 15-20 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Fact of the matter is, I've been saying it for years and I think Blizzard is catching on... small group content is far more enjoyable and reasonable to participate in on hectic and varying schedules.
    Far more enjoyable for some yes, not everyone. They are also much more limited in what sort of challenges can be thrown at the players. Blizzard seems like they are doing what they can to make small group content an option for those who are intetested, but I don't see it replacing raiding anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    figure out a way for millions of players (who don't raid) to get the enjoyment of a friendly organized raid group without having to stick to a raiding schedule. log on when you want and still do what you want while not having to deal with lfr.
    Well, the group I was in was enjoyable but the boredom of raids is stronger than the group activity.

I would like to see the configurations of raid compositions change to something like 3 or 4 tanks with multiple streams of enemies instead of a guy waiting in a locked room all by himself every single time. Its so over used and completely unrealistic. Not everyone finds that interesting, I really enjoyed mythic Blast Furnace because it felt epic to me, however the first boss of HFC has lots of adds but still managed to be completely boring. Its probably a hard concept to pull off well but I really find everyone hitting 1 guy all the time a bit dull.

If a UFC fighter is standing in the middle of an empty room and you run in with 20 people, 2 of which as capable of soaking all the damage he can dish out it just feels really bland. I would even risk another TotGC champions encounter where the enemies worked like real players. It was super frustrating making sure you had them all locked down properly but at least it felt like you had to work for it and not just dodge 1 shot mechanics all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmord View Post
    There are already way too many special snowflakes in the game. More aren't needed.
    lol, you got my joke.

I see no harm in making the extremely commited community feel more special than others.
    The true snowflakes are the ones damanding the same rewards of hardcore commited players.
    If they invest huge ammounts of time in the game they should be rewarded with all the snowflakes in the world...of warcraft.

Deleted
    There is sufficient incentive for Mythic. Maybe more for heroic would be good, like 1 more "special" boss killable on hc/mythic only. But that's just a bonus, the bottom line is people raid hard content because it's hard.

The problem atm is not with incentive, it's with Mythic being 20-man only. This has absolutely gutted many casual 10-man heroic (=now Mythic) guilds that played together for social reasons, clearing everything at their own pace. Including mine. Few 10-man heroic casual guilds (around world 500-1000 or lower, but capable of full clearing) had the leadership, drive, cohesion and manpower (i.e. even-skilled, well integrated recruits) to make a successful jump to 20. So they disbanded, merged or whatever. Thus, the best days of casual, accessible raiding on the highest difficulty came to an end.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2015-12-15 at 05:09 PM.

I'd agree for extra weapon enchant illusions. I liked how there was one for the level 100 MC, but I think that should occur more often as I don't think that'd be as difficult as more armor and weapons and it is just as visible. Plus, if we have some illusion thing in the class hall like the Garrison, it could either be unique or let mythic raiders sell the illusion to people.

Quite frankly, Blizzard has done a very good job in giving incentives to raiding. The only thing that needs to be addressed is the artificial barrier put up on WoD. I don't mind each raid tier having their own recolor of tier gear, but I don't like that LFR has a completely different tier and trinkets. The every spec/class is balanced around having that tier set at that raiding tier...so by not allowing us to have those tier bonuses and trinkets, it creates an artificial barrier to entry. This is doubly a problem considering some specs completely change secondary stat weights based on having these set bonuses. I get that LFR is supposed to be people who don't have the time (or patience) to deal with raiding guilds, but if we want to incentivize people to at least try to get out of LFR we need to go back to the MoP style of LFR. Weaker, but the difference is ilvl (in terms of gear) not a lack of things the ENTIRE class is balanced around.

lol, you got my joke.

I see no harm in making the extremely commited community feel more special than others.
    The true snowflakes are the ones damanding the same rewards of hardcore commited players.
    If they invest huge ammounts of time in the game they should be rewarded with all the snowflakes in the world...of warcraft.
    wait... lolwut? I mean actually.

Do these things really make you want to raid mythic? a special enchant? another title? another mount? I just don't see it, I've been raiding heroic/mythic since they were introduced and I'm not really excited to get any of those things. I don't ever use the mounts or the titles and if the enchant is just a tmog then why bother even putting it on. Adds nothing to your character except a different coloured enchant and with the number of enchants you can tmog to now I don't think it makes me interested in yet another option.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You already get a Mythic mount, achievements, unique xmogs, etc.

If people still aren't incentivized to do it, chances are it's frankly just not fun for a lot of players.

A huge portion of the difficulty of raiding is being able to schedule the time and maintain a roster so you can progress at a fast enough pace to not lose people.

Fact of the matter is, I've been saying it for years and I think Blizzard is catching on... small group content is far more enjoyable and reasonable to participate in on hectic and varying schedules. Get 4 other players together for some challenge modes/D3 G-rift/whatever they are calling it in one night... and complete the whole dungeon in one night = perfect.

Trying to progress on bosses for weeks and weeks and months is just way too much to ask for most people who schedule their gaming time around their lives and not the other way around.
    Yeah pretty much. Everything but raiding, and RBGS and Arenas needs to be more rewarding. Because sacrificing huge chunks of time just to get the most out of the game is lame. Being "Committed" to a game is pathetic. Sorry to say. But it really is. If you can't take the subject out of the equation and replace it with something else without sounding messed up... yeah...

"Hardcore Pacman players should be rewarded more."

Yeah... No.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    wait... lolwut? I mean actually.
    Yes.
    When a person is not good enough, instead of wanting to work on it they want others to be less special.

"I pay the same amount of money so i deserve to be as special as anyone else...even if i don't work for it"

This is what a true snowflake is.
    "I am entitled to everything because i pay money, lolz"
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-15 at 05:20 PM.

No. You raid mythics because you like to raid mythics. Gear, enchants, xmog, anything additional should be excluded. If it isn't excluded for you, then you're not a "true" mythic raider. You're just a person with free time and no other commitments. It doesn't make you better at the game. They need to normalize gear, enchants, xmog everything across the game. Raid if you want or don't raid at all. You'll get the best gear regardless. That's how it should be. Subscribers all pay 15 dollars monthly. If your situation differs from mine in the sense of time commitment, it doesn't change the fact that the two both pay the same fee. In fact, majority of your mythic raiders probably don't even pay 15 a month since WoW tokens have been introduced. Those are the same players who carry "non-mythic raiders" through HfC 13/13M for 1 million gold or run gold CMs for 250k total.

I raid in a 13/13M guild and do not care about the gear of every other player in this game. Hell, ever since sockets, WF, and secondary stats have gone out of control in WOD; I barely give a damn about my own gear. I don't care for specialness or flashy glorified pixels. It's a video game. People seem to forget that all too often.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Because sacrificing huge chunks of time just to get the most out of the game is lame. Being "Committed" to a game is pathetic. Sorry to say. But it really is.

"Hardcore Pacman players should be rewarded more."

Yeah... No.
    That's the type of entitlement i was talking about.
    "A commited players shouldnt be rewarded for it"

LoL, do you have some kind of problem with rewarding the hard workers?
    Why do you want others to be less special?

I have a name for that kind of behaviour: Ephemeral Snowflake