Ancient Portal: Dalaran

Quick question. Is there a level requirement to get the book from Scarlet Halls? I'm 60, but the book just isn't there for me. The boss didn't burn his books (I keep blocking it), but the book just doesn't show up after he's dead. So I assume I'm not high enough level?

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Quick question. Is there a level requirement to get the book from Scarlet Halls? I'm 60, but the book just isn't there for me. The boss didn't burn his books (I keep blocking it), but the book just doesn't show up after he's dead. So I assume I'm not high enough level?
    That is true, not sure which, but you have to be at a specific lvl to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need level 85 (heroic-version range).
    Once you are 85, you can go normal mode and loot it.

I am not sure how it worked but i do know that I did it on my mage when she was 90 at the end of MOP

Alright, thanks. I'll try again when I'm bigger.

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=82469/an...leport-dalaran
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=82470/an...portal-dalaran

It says you need lvl 90 to learn it so there is no point in acquiring it any sooner than that.
    Don't forget that you need to engage him first before you oneshot him and you have to loot his corpse completely before you can click the book.

Might be trivial to say, but you also need to kill him before he preforms Book Burning. Otherwise he destroys the book.

Yeah I leveled up and did it easily. By the way, I think they changed it slightly. I did this like a year ago with a difference mage, and I think when I killed him and looted the book, that only made the portal spell available to buy in Dalaran. Now it just teaches you the spell instantly after you read the book.

Deleted
    now you can have fun by
    Standing in public raid group by a lock stone and say "Help Click please"
    Spawn the portal on the corpse of rare mobs in Tanaan Jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Yeah I leveled up and did it easily. By the way, I think they changed it slightly. I did this like a year ago with a difference mage, and I think when I killed him and looted the book, that only made the portal spell available to buy in Dalaran. Now it just teaches you the spell instantly after you read the book.
    I'm pretty sure its always been that way. You learn the teleport spell from the book, but you have to buy the portal spell in Dalaran still.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I'm pretty sure its always been that way. You learn the teleport spell from the book, but you have to buy the portal spell in Dalaran still.
    The Portal spell is the only reason any of us mages bother getting that book

I've killed probably 50 people using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    You're absolutely right. I was confusing the teleport with the portal. Anyway, it seems like joining a Kazzak group and putting a portal to Ancient Dalaran right on him would be a fantastic idea.