Want to hire coach/mentor for holy pally pvp, especially arena

As the title states, I am looking for help getting into Arena with my pally. Played it back in WOTLK never got much higher than 1500, mostly due to lack of consistent partners and I was never one to reach outside my guildies. I have always tanked and occasionally done ret pve wise, but came back to the game for the purpose of arena, and I realize as much as I like ret, holy is my better shot at finding arena partners and spots in rbgs. I am willing to work out a fair price either by the hour or by levels of achievement, as well as throw in some bonuses if I manage to hit certain milestones and feel I have truly gotten better. I am buying a headset and new gaming mouse tonight or tomorrow, and would like someone who in addition to gameplay would help with macros, keybindings, addons etc. So anyone who is interested please pm me, let me know what you are willing to do and how much. My battletag is Cplday0331#1867

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You would probably have better luck on a site like skillcapped.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why people would rather spend money on something like a mentor, instead of actually playing the game themselves with players around the same skill level in order to get better on your own.

The internet also has an amazing amount of content that allows you to improve on your own. Stuff like macros, keybinds and addons you can easily look up on the internet. Which brings me to livestreams. There are a fair amount of highly rated, multi-glad PvPers who livestream their gameplay. They often have their addons listed and sometimes their macros as. Some also answer questions from the chat.

Some of the basics of arena's would be:
    - Arena123 keybinds which involves: arena123 targetting, arena123 focusing and macros that allows the usage of abilities on arena123 without targetting them.
    - Party keybinds: Keybinds to target your arena partners and yourself for healing.
    - Fake casting: Cast a spell, stop it yourself before it's finished to bait out the enemy's interrupt.
    - Play to learn, not play to win

If you want to play an easy composition for 2v2, play with a warrior as hpaladin. Playing that comp should allow you to become a better player if you focus on the stuff you could've done better.

I do totally agree with you. I think the issues is I don't have to feel bad about someone playing with me and going through growing pains and I'm paying you, and finding someone patient who is willing to grow and learn with you is sometimes very hard to do because everyone gets so angry at time, though I have run into a few players the last few days who have easily put in 10-20 matches a piece with me and been nothing but friendly. As far as content, I have been taking in as much as I can with resources available on youtube and other arena websites. Streaming is the one thing I watch and don't seem to often understand enough of what is going on.

But once again I guess what it basically boils down to is I know if I'm paying someone for their time who is capable of serving as a mentor then ultimately I don't have to feel bad about it and the person is more invested to spending the amount of time I desire. Didn't mean to sound like a lazy frat boy throwing money and hoping the problem fixed itself when I was unable to fix it alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't trying to attack you or anything.

You shouldn't feel bad for playing badly when playing someone else. I know that feeling and sometimes I get annoyed myself, but if you look for arena partners in trade chat (you'd need to be on a popular PvP server for a better chance) or the Premade Groups system, and you make it clear that you're trying to learn in your applications then you might find other players who are also trying to learn and become better players. You might also make a few friends with which you can do arena with as you all get better.

Another amazing source of help is arenajunkies.com/forum. You can ask your PvP related questions there and ask for help against specific compositions as well. If you're still looking for a mentor, you'll have more luck posting there I reckon.

I still highly recommend playing yourself, watching livestreams and asking questions in PvP forums instead of hiring a mentor. From what I've seen hiring a mentor costs a lot of money. It'd be easier and much cheaper to find like minded friends in-game who will do it for free. :P

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^ I don't know that I would call AJ "amazing" anymore, that community has went downhill over the years.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.