Arcane Mage Stat change

So I have been looking around and I saw arcane mages going for 1800~ haste instead of the usual 2100 like before. Anyone know the reason? Is mastery just better at BIS? Any tips appreciated

Deleted
    oh damn are u serious? i just went arcane and set my whole gear around that 2100 haste ffs

yeah, I have been looking around I have seen some drop even below 1800 and just favor mastery for everything. I trying to sim the stats but I cant find any concrete answer at that ilvl 740~

Deleted
    well im only at ilvl 730 but still if only haste till 1800 i could get up to ilvl 732 with some pieces i got laying around and thus more int aswell.

Deleted
    The 2100 thing is a misunderstanding from misreading (or miswriting) some guides. It's not a hard rule. Run a simulation and you'll see haste may very likely not be the best stat below 2100.

If you are looking at top parsing mages, the biggest reason is that haste loses value for them when they are using max rings, and fights are lasting less than a minute. When a huge percentage of the fight is under lust, gcd cap with AP up is really low.

Generic answer but Sim yourself. It's the only way to know with what gear you have where Haste starts losing ground. Even when it does the differences between them are negligible. It's not like there becomes a gulf between them suddenly, and you absolutely shouldn't touch Haste.
    Mine at 741 and 2059 Haste

1 int
    .93 SP
    .8 Mastery
    .75 Haste
    .75 Crit
    .74 MS
    .7 Vers

That's barely worth noting unless you're doing super quick kills

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sitting at around 2400 haste at the moment and I absolutely love it. But I agree with some of the above posters, I should probably Sim to see what stats to change around. Funny thing is, I've played since TBC and have never done theorycrafting/simulations even while raiding endgame
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

I'm so confused about my Sim. Haste has become one of my worst stats? Is anyone else seeing Haste just fall right off the map?

1.00 Intel
    0.88 Spell
    0.76 Mastery
    0.75 Multi
    0.75 Crit
    0.70 Haste
    0.68 Ver

ilvl 730 Arcane Mage.

2310 Mastery
    1820 Haste
    1195 Multi
    566 Crit
    293 Ver

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    If you are looking at top parsing mages, the biggest reason is that haste loses value for them when they are using max rings, and fights are lasting less than a minute. When a huge percentage of the fight is under lust, gcd cap with AP up is really low.

It's not even that since I run sims of at least 450 seconds myself (the default) and I've never seen haste first on arcane. I get that in theoretical formulation bloodlust can make extra haste a bigger problem in short fights but longer fights don't necessarily need haste either. I do however find haste a utility as well.

How are rings related by the way? Their effect itself does not cap with haste. Explain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leamus View Post
    I'm so confused about my Sim. Haste has become one of my worst stats? Is anyone else seeing Haste just fall right off the map?

1.00 Intel
    0.88 Spell
    0.76 Mastery
    0.75 Multi
    0.75 Crit
    0.70 Haste
    0.68 Ver

It's important to point out how close those weights are to each other. That makes it not a big issue whatever stat one gets, given no severe extremeties are happening.

I believe that's the express design goal of Blizzard since they explicitly stated in WoD presentations during MoP their "it drops, you wear it" philosophy, in their words.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It's not even that since I run sims of at least 450 seconds myself (the default) and I've never seen haste first on arcane. I get that in theoretical formulation bloodlust can make extra haste a bigger problem in short fights but longer fights don't necessarily need haste either. I do however find haste a utility as well.

How are rings related by the way? Their effect itself does not cap with haste. Explain.

- - - Updated - - -

It's important to point out how close those weights are to each other. That makes it not a big issue whatever stat one gets, given no severe extremeties are happening.

I believe that's the express design goal of Blizzard since they explicitly stated in WoD presentations during MoP their "it drops, you wear it" philosophy, in their words.
    Other people are seeing haste be their second highest stat even while stacking it much higher. Where I'm seeing it as low was versatility only having a moderate amount. If I had much more that would make sense to me.

Rings come into play because they add significant dps, which makes the fight shorter. Shorter fights mean higher percentage under lust and AP. Your individual results are just that. They don't apply universally. We have also known pretty much this entire tier that haste was slightly undervalued in sims due to odd casting delays from summoned heroes that aren't modeled in simcraft, and are affected by haste levels.

These diffences over the course of a longer fight are negligible, as Tobindax mentioned. The main thing is haste's loss of value on the really short fights for those who are interested in competing for top parses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leamus View Post
    Other people are seeing haste be their second highest stat even while stacking it much higher. Where I'm seeing it as low was versatility only having a moderate amount. If I had much more that would make sense to me.
    I would be interested to see more info about how these other people are getting those results. Are they using the latest version of simcraft? What fight length are they using?
    Last edited by Methusula; 2015-12-17 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    Rings come into play because they add significant dps, which makes the fight shorter.
    Yeah I assumed that might be what you mean. I had in mind the individual person in isolation. If the fight is long bloodlust wouldn't make his ring weaker in itself.