Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I feel like they should have 2 types of pvp brackets. Old school where armor does play a part and this new one where everyone is more even. Just getting rid of the old one feels too extreme and I'm sure there's gonna be a backlash from it later on.

I'd probably prefer this newer way, but I know there's gonna tons who dont.
    We already had that with twinks and the "no-xp" brackets, and we saw how their claims about wanting fair fights proved to be rather different to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Breaque View Post
    Used to play a 2 hander fury warrior back in vanilla, and it was so unbalanced that a frost mage would 2 shot me with zg trinket, but when that mage did the slightest mistake and with no cd's , killing him was the ultimate satisfaction i ever had in pvp. i'm so sad to see that feeling wither away with the introduction of arena. nonetheless , now we get gear removed and every one running with the same stats with no effort, so the players investing their game time and the casual should be equal.

Might as well smack in a buff in pvp that increase your damage each time you die.
    You beat them due to them not having cooldowns, not because you outplayed them.
    Player versus player should be about reacting to an opponent, actually being versus them.
    You killed them when they had no such options.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-16 at 10:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Curious, is there a situation where you won't take the "Gladiator's Medallion" talent?
    I'm not complaining, I just want to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    So with ilvl driving up the stat template, does this mean that high end mythic raiders will have the highest advantage in PvP? Or will the strong boxes drop gear that will be on par?

Mythic raiders now are at 735+ while pvp are at 710+. Therefore, mythic raiders have 2.5%+ higher stats than someone who ONLY PvPs.

I feel like the strongboxes HAVE to drop gear similar to WoD where it scales up in pvp situations.

7+ Year Old Account
    sound awesome imo. can't wait for it :P

Formerly known as Arafal

The only contribution your gear will make to your overall power is through a small modifier based on your average item level. For every point that your average item level increases, your pre-determined PvP stats will increase by 0.1%. That means a 25 item level difference between two players only results in a 2.5% difference in stats, compared to the 25% difference it makes today. There’s still a little incentive to improve your gear – a concept we think is important for World of Warcraft – but the benefits are much less pronounced.
    Does this mean we'll have to do high-end raiding to be the best possible at PVP?

Also, does this mean world PVP will still scale off of gear stats like in MoP?

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd when I saw the pathetic pvp wolf reskin mount and it said "A unique mount and pet"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by technoplex View Post
    Does this mean we'll have to do high-end raiding to be the best possible at PVP?

Also, does this mean world PVP will still scale off of gear stats like in MoP?
    you aren't forced to raid because you still get gear through pvp, but it will be just normal gear not pvp specific gear.
    no idea about the world pvp.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a beaver but those two maps I like, dark

Quote Originally Posted by Zakkimatsu View Post
    So with ilvl driving up the stat template, does this mean that high end mythic raiders will have the highest advantage in PvP? Or will the strong boxes drop gear that will be on par?

Mythic raiders now are at 735+ while pvp are at 710+. Therefore, mythic raiders have 2.5%+ higher stats than someone who ONLY PvPs.

I feel like the strongboxes HAVE to drop gear similar to WoD where it scales up in pvp situations.
    No, skill should always be the determining factor.
    Or we get a repeat where anyone starting late is held down by the gear difference.
    Early on everyone is on a similar level and therefore skill wins out.
    Later one when gear is substantially skewing it away from skill alone, should someone with inferior gear be at a distinct disadvantage and fighting an unfair uphill battle that someone starting earlier did not.
    No, they should not.

Just worried about the impact of the PvP talents - time will tell how much of a difference those will make.
    Due to lack of forced resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you aren't forced to raid because you still get gear through pvp, but it will be just normal gear not pvp specific gear.
    no idea about the world pvp.
    World pvp is not meant to be "balanced" or controlled, and so there will be no such rules in that.
    Anything goes pretty much.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-16 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    PvP has literally always been about your skill as a player. Gear did nothing but handicap that. Balancing everyone to even the playing field and letting them duke it out to find who's best skill-wise rather than number-wise is the best thing they could have done.
    Skill in "skirmish" BG's is mostly dueling, and dueling is a sequence of {game}skills that a class use to each opposite class. basically rogue vs rogue who get a better latency will sap, and then you get the combo [cheapshot-backstab- wait for trinket , vanish ,cheapshot, etc] i don't see personal skill there, but a muscle memory for a combo and better connection. if you are playing arena or rated BG, then coordinated and individual skill it is.

The thing is , they are applying that for all BG's. if you are catching my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinima Shawn View Post
    Curious, is there a situation where you won't take the "Gladiator's Medallion" talent?
    I'm not complaining, I just want to know.
    Some classes don't mind playing without it, especially races like Undead and Human that have racials which share a short 30s DR with it. Mages can aggressively play without the trinket, and DKs often take Desecrated Ground which makes Relentless seem much more appealing.

Most of it is looking good, but a couple things are worth criticizing:

1. Little difference in gear is still not the same as no difference. There is no reason a mythic raider should do better in PvP than someone who PvPs all the time. Why they continue to avoid just making it where there are no differences in stats at all is just a mystery to me. The percentages they used were also bogus, pretty sure 25 item levels is nowhere near a 25% difference right now. Stop beating around the bush and just take gear out of the equation.

2. This is more of a concern than a criticism, but I worry that unrated PvP will award no gear at all, based on them saying it depends what your rating is. I have no interest in rated PvP, and I should not have to do that or raid to do well in unrated PvP.

3. The whole idea of giving rewards based on which faction you are in seems horribly prone to abuse. What would be to stop Alliance players from faction changing to Horde right before the season ends, to go from Rival to Gladiator? They will definitely need to wipe ratings and MMR when people do any form of faction or server transfer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakkimatsu View Post

As it currently stands, pvp gear scales up to 730/740 for honor/conquest gear. So there's not really a gap. It's obvious they're trying to make things more skill based, so I really doubt they will make it where mythic raiders have an advantage.
    Last edited by dinth; 2015-12-16 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    RIP WoW PvP.

No complaints here, it's most likely going to become infinitely superior to how it's functioned for the last 10 years, but it'll be a completely different game.

Welcome, WoW PvP 2.0
    Yup, a much needed change, it does indeed kills the whole Meta, but I think it's for the better. IMO, they should have gone even further and remove ilvl from the equations. Or else some people will complain PVE will be the new way to do PVP.

All pvp multiplayer games that attract both players and viewers right now has no out-of-the-game progression. By that I mean, if you play StarCraft 2, Counter-Strike, Dota, HotS, only skills matter, has you are all at the same level no matter how many hours you've put into the game. And ultimately, I think this is the best way to get people interested in PVP. You can't expect to have some people try PVP if, once they get into a arena or battleground, realize they will need a couple of weeks to feel competitive. You need to hook them right away, give them all they need from the get go, and if they like it, they will stay.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTripleZero View Post
    PvP has literally always been about your skill as a player. Gear did nothing but handicap that. Balancing everyone to even the playing field and letting them duke it out to find who's best skill-wise rather than number-wise is the best thing they could have done.
    You have no idea how happy this makes me. And aside from that, being a freshly leveled character no longer has to be a handicap to your team, THAT is a game changer.

Two new arenas sounds great for the arena crowd. I'm assuming they're adding new battlegrounds, but just forgot to mention that part?

i've to PvE in order to PvP, why this STUPID thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You beat them due to them not having cooldowns, not because you outplayed them.
    Player versus player should be about reacting to an opponent, actually being versus them.
    You killed them when they had no such options.
    I am very sure you didn't play vanilla wow, so i understand your statement is inapt.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juther View Post
    i've to PvE in order to PvP, why this STUPID thing?
    How the fuck did you reach that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by dinth View Post
    As it currently stands, pvp gear scales up to 730/740 for honor/conquest gear. So there's not really a gap. It's obvious they're trying to make things more skill based, so I really doubt they will make it where mythic raiders have an advantage.
    Except that's exactly what they're doing. Only very high rated players will get gear that's equal in item level to mythic raiders.