Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    This is fine I already have them in my bank but... why not now? What's the point in waiting until Legion? Seems like an incredibly small fix that doesn't really necessitate the need to be brought in with an expansion pack.
    They'd have to reclassify all the items as toys, rejig the toybox to fit them, including their location and whatnot. Plus it will need to be tested to make sure they all work as intended.

I think I have all/almost all of these in my bags/bank. A lot are quest rewards (even looting an item from the floor in draenor flags a quest). Any others will be trivial to acquire.

Finally engeneering transporters are toys!

Next up, get all those items with charges in the toy box too, where they belong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    I think the toy box was probably designed for those of us crazy enough to have kept all those items over the years, even though they took up all our bag space
    Ain't that the truth. I worked out that this change will free up some 35'ish bagslots in my bank and that's on my main alone. It'll be even more when I factor in my engineers and the random items I have on various alts, that my main for some reason doesn't have.

Isnt anyone else annoyed by the fact that they are nerfing salyin battle banner and aqua jewel from MoP to be unusable outside of MoP zones...
    Last edited by Meeni; 2015-12-20 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Look at all this shit I threw away thinking they were worthless. Fuck them, srsly.
    I am the exception perhaps, in that I kept hold of a lot of items most players would have trashed.
    Particularly the "food" items.

Since the blood orb or whatever it was become a toy, I had a few times made the argument that as I considered that a transport aid then there should be several others added.
    Skull of the mad chief, aviana's feather particularly.
    Glad to see I was right in that thinking, though disappointing it is gonna take that long.
    Really the feather in particular being account-wide would give players without draenor flying a lot more choice in garrison buildings on alts, though perhaps that is why they aren't doing it yet.
    Maybe the general plan is to allow transport aids into the toybox once that expansion has passed, so that the "intended-gameplay experience" is not broken by alts having access to items deemed to trivialise the navigation of that content.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
    Isnt anyone else annoyed by the fact that they are nerfing salyin battle banner and aqua jewel from MoP to be unusable outside of MoP zones...
    As someone who regularly uses the banner (never thought of the jewel) then I too am disappointed.
    But I suppose it was just too good.

The majority of items I have on one character, so that one will be hugely benefiting from that change.
    Though given that intention, I may figure out which are not as necessary to keep hold of and spread them about on alts to give a little inventory relief in the meantime.

Quick count suggests 29 items I have on one character.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    I already have all of those in my Bank. There are plenty of other "Toys" which should be added into the Toybox.
    Indeed, perhaps suggesting more additions to blizzard.
    The mage iceberg from the anglers for instance, still remaining mage specific is fine.
    There are plenty of faction-limited toys, so why not a class one.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Next up, get all those items with charges in the toy box too, where they belong.
    It cant without changing how it works.
    The point of an item with charges is that it can be consumed and disappear.
    Collections do not work well with non-persistent items.
    But the weather stones in particular I am in favour of changing to sharing a cooldown with removal of the charges.
    Therefore making them eligible for the toybox.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    No seriously ef off. The amount of items i've held in my bags or bank using up space for years I throw out finally become toys. Same shit happened with all my vanilla WoW items like the piccolo or those super rare 0.1% world drops. They should make all these items toys when they are released.
    Blizzard's definition of a toy has changed.
    They made a statement that anything with a combat benefit, or a movement benefit were out of the question.
    The orb, and in that list many other items which are certainly a movement aid are going to be included.

Changes happen, and many people have dumped items that would have been nice to keep hold of - for transmog for instance.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-20 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Dark Portal: Returns you to <Hearthstone Location>. Speak to an Innkeeper in a different place to change your home location. (30 Min Cooldown)
    Chain Pet Leash: Connects a chain leash to your pet.

Good!

I have both TCG hearthstones on my main character. It took me a lot of effort to find a person trustworthy enough to get them: they are BOP, so the only method of getting them is trading code for gold. Such trades have really high risk of getting scammed.

They were in oroginal WoD toybox but they scrapped them midway though beta development :-/ Hopefully not again.

I sincerely hope we'll get Legion version of Aviana's Feather tho. It was great to get past annoying mountains quickly before flying patch landed. Or just quickly travel great distance because the flight speed was really high. Higher than even the fastest mount.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-12-20 at 05:23 AM.

Between the new xmog system, all these becoming toys and the reagent bank... whats the point of the regular bank again?

lootarang now requires engineering? not cool blizz.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There are plenty of faction-limited toys, so why not a class one.
    There is already one in the toy box thats just for rogues, not sure if there are any others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nahuel1991 View Post
    lootarang now requires engineering? not cool blizz.

There are 2 Loot-a-rangs in game, one just for engineers and one that eveyone can use. The one in Cataclysm was engineers only. Not sure why they they wouldn't make them both toys though as they have included both Blingtrons. Imagine they will change that at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawny View Post
    There is already one in the toy box thats just for rogues, not sure if there are any others.
    Fandral's Seed Pouch druid only

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Since I have hardly played either druid or rogue yet I had forgotten about those two class-specific toys, therefore it makes even more sense to have another one added.
    Though given the messy way that interacts with mounts, I had hoped it would become a mount instead so I don't have to use a macro.
    You can't use it when mounted, so have to dismount, then cast it.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What am I going to do with all this bag spa...

*Filled again*
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What am I going to do with all this bag spa...

*Filled again*
    I have no doubt we will find something to fill it with.
    I can see more eligible items being restricted to a certain expansion's content and made into toys only after that expansion has passed.

I also assume that on-use or on-equip tabards will still need to be kept as inventory items if we wish to use their effects.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-12-21 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Blizzard adds something and within 2 replies people throw a hissy fit. Not even hoping that (like transmog system adding all quest rewards) the system might track what you once had and add it even if it was deleted.

Just bitching for bitching sake.
    I don't think it's bitching just for the sake of it, it's all about them not being able to restore the items that you deleted, so you would have to spend gold/time/burned neurons back on the same shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Look at all this shit I threw away thinking they were worthless. Fuck them, srsly.

they need to find a way to give them to anyone thats looted them...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Then we have those items with many charges (often 50). I don't understand why you would ever make an item with 50 charges and not just make it work on a long CD instead. Hope they make them toys as well down the road.
    yes pretty please, i wanna use my lich king costume :@

I like this change. But most people threw away/deleted their stuff. So.... where can I buy them back? Or will Blizzard have my deleted toys in my toytab anyway as it should be in the records I had the item?

I wouldn't expect miracles like that... When they added the toy tab and were adding stuff to it & hotfixing additional stuff to it after 6.0 patch, one of the things they did was to add a lot of the Timeless Isle crap to it, with a note somewhere in some blue post that any toy you had already farmed for the big bags achievement would be added to it... but they missed a few (I'm still missing 2 of those toys despite having the bag achieve done way before 6.0), and it seems like they don't care.

Since they're doing this, they need to give the players with the (Hordebreaker) achievement during the Battle of the Barrens world event, the toys! I didn't get them because my balls were so full, well before toy box was introduced.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=98552
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=97919
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=97942
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=97921

They have a vendor for the Theramore world event, that you can buy the tabard and the toy, so why not?!