Deserts of Kharak (Homeworld) out in january 2016

http://kotaku.com/the-new-homeworld-...nth-1748387484

YES !

With Battlefield Gothic and X-COM 2, sci-fi gaming will be busy....

Deleted
    So... They took away the main thing that made Homeworld great - the 3D space combat - and made the game into yet another Dune 2 clone by slapping it on a planet. Not to put down the genre or anything, but why not keep Homeworld in space, when that's what made it great?

Oh well, no need to buy this one, then. Plenty of other ground-based RTS' out there.

Actually, a game on Kharak-which was more fleshed out than many AAA games nowadays-have it's merits.

- - - Updated - - -

Small update : in the screenshots, you see clearly that the ennemy landcruisers style vehicle (the red ones) have the sigil of Kiith (Clan) Gaalsien, Kharak fanatics opposed to the voyage home.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this is a mistake. Not only being a prequel it lacks story interest for me, especially seeing Kharak get nuked to dust anyway, so whatever you do is ultimately futile, but you also pretty much know everything already anyway. On top of that instead of epic space action you get your usual isometric RTS.

Meh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I think this is a mistake. Not only being a prequel it lacks story interest for me, especially seeing Kharak get nuked to dust anyway, so whatever you do is ultimately futile, but you also pretty much know everything already anyway. On top of that instead of epic space action you get your usual isometric RTS.

Meh?
    It wasn't originally a Homeworld title. They slapped the Kharak name on it and changed the setting at the last minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7beE0NgnmU

Not bad. I'll put on my watch list and wait for reviews.

I don't suppose you have a non gawker media link? A site with a shred of integrity perhaps ?

That said anything home world is awesome

- - - Updated - - -

I don't suppose you have a non gawker media link? A site with a shred of integrity perhaps ?

That said anything home world is awesome
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It wasn't originally a Homeworld title. They slapped the Kharak name on it and changed the setting at the last minute.
    Well actually it was always homeworld game without homeworld title. At least in eyes of these devs..so IMO it's pretty important fact

I'm always up for a new RTS, it being Homeworld themed related just makes it better.

Doesn't matter to be if it's not a 3 dimensional space RTS, as long as it's an actual good RTS game in general.