Thread: Frost or Unholy

Frost or Unholy

I have tanked for all of WoD, and never played DK prior to WoD. Which would be easier to get into and do the most dmg. Noxxic and IcyViens seem to give conflicting information.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I have tanked for all of WoD, and never played DK prior to WoD. Which would be easier to get into and do the most dmg. Noxxic and IcyViens seem to give conflicting information.
    Partially depends on the gear you already have available. If you have two strong 1 handers and gear that doesn't tend to favor crit then frost is probably best but if you are limited to a 2 hand weapon or gear with crit then unholy would be better (2h frost isn't in a great spot right now).

I would say frost is a bit easier to learn though so if you care more about learning curve than optimal dps then frost regardless of gear. Poorly itemized frost, even with a 2h, will do better than unholy if you don't execute unholy rotation well. Neither spec is very complicated though. I've just seen poorly performed frost usually surpass poorly performed unholy while the distinction becomes less significant in well itemized gear with good rotation knowledge.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2015-12-17 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    Partially depends on the gear you already have available. If you have two strong 1 handers and gear that doesn't tend to favor crit then frost is probably best but if you are limited to a 2 hand weapon or gear with crit then unholy would be better (2h frost isn't in a great spot right now).

I would say frost is a bit easier to learn though so if you care more about learning curve than optimal dps then frost regardless of gear. Poorly itemized frost, even with a 2h, will do better than unholy if you don't execute unholy rotation well. Neither spec is very complicated though. I've just seen poorly performed frost usually surpass poorly performed unholy while the distinction becomes less significant in well itemized gear with good rotation knowledge.
    Great answer, thanks very much.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I prefer frost over unholy. But it depends on how hardcore you want to get because Unholy is slightly better at top tier.