Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodrunner View Post
    You must think those things called guns the "bad" guys are firing can't be see while they are being fired? You think someone can't determine which ones are firing into a group? In Paris, the first hint was the black balaclavas and the the AK-47s (wood not plastic) and everyone was running away from that area.
    In reality a shooter isn't going to let someone in his line of sight for long before actually shooting them. This isn't one of your video game fantasies.

But sure, let's have a bunch of additional armed civilians on sight and leave it to the police to wait and withhold judgement on if they are a good or bad guy until they see who they are firing at. I'm sure all the millions of police threads on this forum are firm believers in the competence of the police.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Little men have little dreams.

Nimitz class aircraft carrier or go home.
    Yeah but then you've gotta employ a bunch of pilots! Better off just getting something you can operate solo, can't trust others with your safety after all!

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Little men have little dreams.

Nimitz class aircraft carrier or go home.
    I'm a person of simple tastes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    we need very strict gun control no ends ifs or buts about it. just get it done or more people will die really it is that simple all right wingers you have blood on your hands for every victim that dies due to lack of gun control.
    "More people will die" regardless of access to guns. And the only people with blood on their hands are those who pull the trigger. I know it's a lot to ask, but at least try to think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    What exactly is the point of the ban?

Didn't work in Paris why do people think it would have magical results here?
    The assault weapon ban was dumb but compare the number of gun related death in Paris to the United States. Is their any proof that army citizen would have helped? I mean they were throwing pipe bombs and opening fire on an unsuspecting crowd.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2015-12-17 at 04:22 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly is the point of the ban?

Didn't work in Paris why do people think it would have magical results here?
    Good call! Nuclear weapon ban did not work in Paris? Why do people think it would have magical results? Laws against murder and theft didn't work in Paris either... Neither did dog leash laws... Drunk driving laws... No laws worked! Fuckem all! Trust in magic!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    In reality a shooter isn't going to let someone in his line of sight for long before actually shooting them. This isn't one of your video game fantasies.

But sure, let's have a bunch of additional armed civilians on sight and leave it to the police to wait and withhold judgement on if they are a good or bad guy until they see who they are firing at. I'm sure all the millions of police threads on this forum are firm believers in the competence of the police.
    The guy with a red name over his head firing a gun, is a bad guy. The guy with a green name over his head firing a gun, is a good guy. Duh!!

http://youtu.be/4p8_pqlJxmk
    Last edited by Felya; 2015-12-17 at 04:24 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Do these 'good guys with a gun' realize that if they weren't actually full of themselves and responded to a terrorist mass shooting they would more than likely shoot innocent bystander than the bad guy before being shot by the police thinking they are the terrorist?

Unfortunately, real life doesn't come with those convenient red names above everyone's head that tells you who to shoot.
    do you have at least one incident that has ever happened? some one using his gun for protection missing and hitting someone innocent or a cop shooting at someone that used their gun in self protection?

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    The assault weapon ban was dumb but compare the number of gun related death in Paris to the United States. Is their any proof that army citizen would have helped? I mean they were throwing pipe bombs and opening fire on an unsuspecting crowd.
    When you compare per person paris has more gun deaths then the state...

The states is only higher from population numbers we had this thread before

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Assault weapon ban was silly to begin with. Let's get some real gun control.
    Shot placement? Tight groupings? Only gun control that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    do you have at least one incident that has ever happened? some one using his gun for protection missing and hitting someone innocent or a cop shooting at someone that used their gun in self protection?
    Is this close enouph or should I narrow down my 'friendly fire' Google search to be more specific?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is this close enouph or should I narrow down my 'friendly fire' Google search to be more specific?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman
    I'm not talking about military combat

10+ Year Old Account
    When you compare per person paris has more gun deaths then the state...

The states is only higher from population numbers we had this thread before
    May I see where you get this info, because U.S. has nearly 5 times the gun deaths per 100000 people, than France.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...p-gun-control/

People are surprised by this? Leftists have become an overly loud minority....very very loud.

Has anyone brought up the nuclear strawman yet? I always have fun shutting that one down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I'm not talking about military combat
    Oh? So you think that less training would make it better? I'm sorry then, guns being used to defend people are so much rarer than to commit crimes, it's kinda difficult to find cases of friendly fire. I guess we have to stick with common sense...

May I see where you get this info, because U.S. has nearly 5 times the gun deaths per 100000 people, than France.

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...p-gun-control/
    Yeah I was about to link something like that. Maybe Paris has high gun violence stats compared to the rest of france. I couldn't find individual stats.

http://www.nationmaster.com/country-...d-States/Crime
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    People are surprised by this? Leftists have become an overly loud minority....very very loud.
    Hold your tongue! Obama has been banning guns for 7 years!

Hold your tongue! Obama has been banning guns for 7 years!
    In all fairness, if he had the actual power to do so without hanging his party out to dry like Clinton did, he probably would have done more.

So many Democrats and Republicans alike took a major hit after the Clinton AWB expired.

It is a form of political suicide in actual states where you can run the risk of loosing your position.

(places like CA and NY are pretty safe to pass whatever or vote on whatever they want)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Has anyone brought up the nuclear strawman yet? I always have fun shutting that one down.
    Ohh! Me! Me! Me! They should permit nukes, because I need to fight the government! I don't mean like terrorists, I mean because they don't represent me.

Shoot me down!

7+ Year Old Account
    Ohh! Me! Me! Me! They should permit nukes, because I need to fight the government! I don't mean like terrorists, I mean because they don't represent me.

Shoot me down!
    Well, it is kind of your go-to.