Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they would refuse to nominate him if he wins. But if we are talking about hypothetical scenarios that will ever really happen in real life, I guess there will be a massive uproar among the republican voters who in protest would vote for Trump when he runs as an independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Even if he is nominated, he will still lose.
    We all lose the longer he is around.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Um... semantics here, but. If you want us to wake you up when the economy goes to hell... You aren't doing anything outside of sleeping.

There is an oddness that anyone would be excited to watch political news. More power to you if you can find a way to do it.
    I admit defeat here.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no legal recourse... It's their party, they can do what they like... The primaries can have Trump win, but GOP will nominate turd sandwich. Primaries have no legal binding...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Okay so they fracture into a bunch of small groups that ultimately end up voting for the same candidate and against Democrats same as always, woopty-doo.
    Just a heads up - you aren't answering the right question, at all. Reread the OP and try again, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    If the GOP doesn't realize that 65% of their voters preferring people they don't like is a message to the GOP, than they are hopeless.

I actually think Cruz is going to win the nomination in a closely contested race and that Trump pushing delegates his way might be what pushes it over the top. Then, like Reagan did in '80, he'll use the VP spot to make a "party unity" pick, someone the establishment is much more fond of, probably someone with governorship in the resume, like Christie, probably not but maybe Jeb!, or possibly Scott Walker back in the mix (there was a story Cruz is helping him retire campaign debt already).
    I think you're on to something. Although, I also think Cruz will fade in the next month and Rubio, who is far less insane, will pull ahead. Then pick Kasich from Ohio for your "party unity" reasons.