7+ Year Old Account

Help with Havoc macro...

Have been working on a Havoc targeting macro as I'm finding using a mouseover can be quite hit and miss for me (disability as slowed down my mouse movement/accuracy for clicking on target), and would rather just avoid the whole clunkiness of selecting a secondary target, casting Havoc before returning back to my main target.

This is what I have currently, but finding it only works occasionally:

#showtooltip
    /run SetCVar("TargetNearestDistance", "700")
    /targetenemy
    /cast Havoc
    /targetlasttarget
    /run SetCVar("TargetNearestDistance", "200")

I know this is far from the optimal way of playing Havoc, but just looking to iron out this macro to work.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unsure what the TargetNearestDistance is there for.

Personally I use two macros, both on different binds.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus, harm] [] Havoc

#showtooltip Havoc
    /cast [@mouseover,harm] Havoc

What Zevoa posted is the same macro I use, pretty much. One difference I have is that I have "/stopcasting" in the line below "#showtooltip" just so I can get Havocs out a tiny bit faster if I happen to be casting something at the time. I do the same thing with my Shadowburn macro

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    What Zevoa posted is the same macro I use, pretty much. One difference I have is that I have "/stopcasting" in the line below "#showtooltip" just so I can get Havocs out a tiny bit faster if I happen to be casting something at the time. I do the same thing with my Shadowburn macro
    Downside being that you can't spam Shadowburn when casting something else, which can lead to missed Shadowburns.

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Downside being that you can't spam Shadowburn when casting something else, which can lead to missed Shadowburns.
    isn't that kinda the point, you can stopcast an incin and catch a shadowburn you otherwise would've missed if you completed the cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    isn't that kinda the point, you can stopcast an incin and catch a shadowburn you otherwise would've missed if you completed the cast?
    Yep; that's why I do that. Before I added /stopcasting to my Shadowburn macro, I missed quite a few shadowburns in fights. It feels bad, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Yep; that's why I do that. Before I added /stopcasting to my Shadowburn macro, I missed quite a few shadowburns in fights. It feels bad, man.
    Can also either bind a specific stop-casting macro, or just move to cancel casts and have the best of both worlds

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Can also either bind a specific stop-casting macro, or just move to cancel casts and have the best of both worlds
    This is the best option, quick tap on W and you have your stopcast button.

+No need for extra keybind
    +Easily reachable

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This is the best option, quick tap on W and you have your stopcast button.

+No need for extra keybind
    +Easily reachable
    That potentially causes you to lose a GCD.

I personally do the same thing as Zevoa does. Two different macros. One a mouseover, one a focus. My shadowburn is a mouseover as well.
    Persistencee - Revive - Stormreaver (US)