10+ Year Old Account

What are the chances Visceral's Star Wars game is KotOR 3?

If you hadn't heard, EA's Visceral Games (Dead Space) is making a Star Wars game. A year or two ago they were joined by Amy Hennig, the head writer/creative director behind Uncharted 1-3 and writer/contributor for Uncharted 4. She is now the creative director of Visceral Games and one of the writers on this new Star Wars game.

Hearing just those would lead you to believe that they were making some Star Wars action adventure game... But then you start really looking and it seems more and more like they are making an RPG... The game's director is an industry veteran who, back in the day, worked for Black Isle Studios and made the likes of Planescape: Torment and Icewind Dale, critically acclaimed RPGs of their time...

Then Visceral games started posting jobs for lead designers that have experience in class balance, skills, progression, etc...

Given Star War: Battlefront and EA using nostalgia as a boon to bring in sales... You think there is any chance this new game is KotOR 3? Because I would be OK with that. Any Star Wars game is obviously going to generate a lot of hype... But I feel the amount of hype announcing a KotOR sequel would bring could reach hysteria levels. Far more than announcing a new franchise would bring, anywho...

Deleted
    just as long as i am not forced to play that ugly sweaty sack of potatoes

as it is a bioware title I would say next to 0% chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    HIghly doubtful since SWtOR is pretty much KotOR 3-whatever lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    as it is a bioware title I would say next to 0% chance.
    Bioware is owned by EA. Plus a different studio (Black Isle Studios' successor Obsidian Entertainment) made KotOR 2.

And I believe there are reports that Bioware and DICE are contributing in the production of this game, along with Jade Raymond's new EA studio Motive Studios.

It really sounds like all hands are on deck for this one.

They're pretty much continuing the KotoR story with TOR. Even it's latest expansion Rise of the Fallen Empire is made to be more story driven and single player content focused.

Might be like that cancelled 1313 game where you play as a non-force user in the Star Wars universe like a Smuggler or a Bounty Hunter.

i'd wager its set in the time period of the new movies
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Slim to none.

However... That doesn't mean that it won't be a KOTOR Style game, just with a different name and probably set in the modern era. Which sounds pretty badass tbh...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30