Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    To be fair a lot of said women probably vote for whomever their husbands tell them to vote.

And go figure, it's usually the declining demographics that listen to demagogues.
    Wow such sexism.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    See though here's the issue with Trump. He isn't rallying for immigration reform with some actionable plan he's carefully laid out. His immigration plan is "BUILD A WALL!" and "Put the muslims on a list and keep them from coming here."

I get the feeling a lot of people want to assume Trump has plans for things, despite all evidence to the contrary. They think "well he can talk a big game, so obviously he can back it up, right?"

That people are so ready to accept a man with no plans who abjectly lies about every single talking point because they think he's the new counter-culture is... well, complete and utter horseshit. People saying "well that's the way things are..." is... well, unacceptable.
    I agree, and I think even my girlfriend would agree. But she likes that Trump is changing up the debate, throwing out incendiary ideas, since the existing debate clearly hasn't been getting anywhere.

Bear in mind that I personally think Trump is batshit crazy and would never vote for him in a million years. I'm just able to disagree with my girlfriend without assuming she's stupid or that she doesn't have reasonable reasons for her stances.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I am a Trump supporter and will vote for him 4sure!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I agree, and I think even my girlfriend would agree. But she likes that Trump is changing up the debate, throwing out incendiary ideas, since the existing debate clearly hasn't been getting anywhere.

Bear in mind that I personally think Trump is batshit crazy and would never vote for him in a million years. I'm just able to disagree with my girlfriend without assuming she's stupid or that she doesn't have reasonable reasons for her stances.
    I just don't see much merit in "changing the debate." Or at least, not enough in this instance to assuage the fact that Trump is otherwise a complete dumbass.

Like, "make mexico build us a wall" is about as constructive as saying "blow up the sun so China will never have solar power." Is it a new idea? Sure.

Does that make it good? Nope. And I feel that's what a lot of Trump supporters are missing. They're putting the cart before the horse because they want to display their shiny new cart, unaware of the fact that the horse is dead.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-12-17 at 05:35 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by AzazeltheRuthless View Post
    Putin did fix a failing economy in Russia, and has turned it into a global powerhouse. Say whatever you want about Putin, the President has to work with Russia, as they aren't no pushovers anymore and have a huge ownership over pipelines. Got to have somebody that Putin is willing to work with.
    yeah...Hitler did the same thing with Germany...how'd that work out?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    If he didn't start WW2 or commit genocide, he might have been seen as a very good leader.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Wow such sexism.
    It isn't sexism because he said it.

Must not understand Didactic.

He is always right, and has no flaws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Putin did fix a failing economy in Russia, and has turned it into a global powerhouse. Say whatever you want about Putin, the President has to work with Russia, as they aren't no pushovers anymore and have a huge ownership over pipelines. Got to have somebody that Putin is willing to work with.
    How's that Russian Global Economic Powerhouse doing nowadays?

Basing more than half your economy on one industry isn't exactly brilliant economic strategy.

Where are the sources for these 'facts' about who his supporters are? One side says its educated white women and another side says it is under educated white women.

It always amazes me that the republicans created an 'anti-government' party and then are shocked when republican citizens won't elect a senator or congressman because now they are part of the establishment government to be president. =)) Talk about shooting yourself in the ass...

Trump is saying what he needs to say to get the base to elect him, they hate/fear muslims so he wants to ban muslims.

He has no experience or knowledge of world politics but appearantly that is a + in republican voters books (wtf?) and he says he will hire smart people to tell him what to do. Well this isn't business deals, its politics. You can do that in a business but it doesn't work in politics, why? Because anyone can say that, I can walk up to the pulpit and say, "As president I will hire smart people to tell me what to do." and I would be just as qualified as any other person who said they would hire someone to do the thinking for me. Anyone can say that shit, but it doesn't compensate for having actual experience in the political arena. If you as a business man don't know how to build a website you can hire someone who does, but when you are talking to Putin and Merkel you can't pause negotiations to hire someone who knows what the fuck to do in that situation, you know it or you fail.

When it comes right down to it Trump is going to cost the GOP another presidency. He has no control over his mouth, shit pops out of his mouth faster than any filter in his brain can stop it from flying out, assuming of course such a filter that normal people have even exists in him in the first place. He says outrageous stuff all the time, its not a matter of when but rather a matter of how often? He has no clue what he is doing (whats a nuclear triad? I love the devestation, I love it.) and won't beat hillary.

But hey, once she wins the nomination I can gaurantee you republican voters will say stupid shit like, "I can't believe America elected another liberal president!" Instead of "I can't believe I voted for someone who was unelectable."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    If he didn't start WW2 or commit genocide, he might have been seen as a very good leader.
    So if Hitler didn't do the things he was known for that made him a terrible leader, he wouldn't have been a terrible leader?

You know that World War 2 and Genocide were very much parts of what briefly drove Germany back into power, right? Those things didn't just "accidentally happen along the way."

But I'll try and apply this to Trump moving forward. "Well if the things Trump said were accurate and intelligent, he'd sound like a good candidate, so vote for him!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    Been saying this for months, it's not just a massive amount of republicans and guns toting people that are backing Trump. He is transcending party lines. Those people that wants called themselves Reagan democrats and independent's that voted for Reagan are support this man. He even crosses the racial divides as well. Ever place he go, every room he walks into and every single source of media he complete commands and controls.

Trump is everywhere, the man even has the people that are running against him on both side devoting more time to talking about Trump, then themselves. The media still has no answer, well a few are finally starting to get it, but the vast majority are so beside themselves and still can't bring themselves to watch they are refusing to acknowledge. There is storm brewing out there and the media and Hillary are going to see just how many people come out to vote this time around.

Trump did the republican party justice, in that he has woken up people that have not voted in decades that been tired of the same tired worn out people that get dragged in front of them every four years. Even if Trump does not get the nomination, he has done more to get the people cranked up and ready to take on the establishment on both sides.

Hard right people are a joke on TV, they simply don't get it, like the liberals on the other side. Not all the people that are supporting Trump are dump ass hicks, like Bush and others want to portray them as. Most are well educated, give a shit about their country, and come from many different ethnic, social, and racial backgrounds and have simply had enough of the Obama's and Clinton's of the world. Yes, a storm is coming and it is going to be amazing to watch this completely unfold.
    Sorry but this is just delusional. Since 1988 every president has been the candidate who has the highest likability factor. The problem is Trump's likability is hugely negative at -28. Hillary's is -2. People don't like Hillary very much but they really don't like Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    How's that Russian Global Economic Powerhouse doing nowadays?

Basing more than half your economy on one industry isn't exactly brilliant economic strategy.
    Still better than the state they were in. In 2006 Russia's GDP was 796 Billion (US Dollars), 2015 they are at 2 Trillion (US Dollars.) Seems like a surging economy...not saying he hasn't done bad things which he obviously has. Russians are happy with their leader, with an 86% approval rating. If he makes the people who elect him, happy who are we to judge.

Can Americans say the same thing about Obama?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Wow such sexism.
    Clearly you do not understand the concept of tongue in cheek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So if Hitler didn't do the things he was known for that made him a terrible leader, he wouldn't have been a terrible leader?

You know that World War 2 and Genocide were very much parts of what briefly drove Germany back into power, right? Those things didn't just "accidentally happen along the way."

But I'll try and apply this to Trump moving forward. "Well if the things Trump said were accurate and intelligent, he'd sound like a good candidate, so vote for him!"
    Honestly, if it comes down to Clinton and Trump, I would vote Trump, partially because I strongly dislike Clinton, and partially because I want individuals such as yourself to lose.

I can only wonder how my facebook would explode (since I have a large majority far-left liberal friends) if Trump won? It would be utterly amazing and hilarious to watch.

Judge me if you want. Won't change my vote at all.

But hopefully somebody other than Trump gets the nominee, so I can do an actual vote rather than a defensive vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Say whatever you want, though he fixed a ton of problems in Germany and turned the economy around after World War 1. When your family is starving, and the guy in charge gets you a way to put bread on your table for your family.

Hitler was horribly evil, still can't take away the accomplishments he did with Germany.

Now, I wouldn't say Putin is on Hitler's level, probably wouldn't even put him on Stalin level yet. Let alone, unlike Hitler, he seems to be more willing to work with other countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cam5778 View Post
    and 93% of African American Voters voted for Barack Obama, how shocking!

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/re...ent/exit-polls
    93% voted for the Democratic candidate. This is not new. Clinton and Gore got similar percentages.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Sorry but this is just delusional. Since 1988 every president has been the candidate who has the highest likability factor. The problem is Trump's likability is hugely negative at -28. Hillary's is -2. People don't like Hillary very much but they really don't like Trump.
    Depends on who they are polling. Polls tend to poll people who side with them. If a Democrat is polling Donald Trump's likeability they'll get an answer they want to see. Unless your saying the poll questions all 300 Million people in America.

Still better than the state they were in. In 2006 Russia's GDP was 796 Billion (US Dollars), 2015 they are at 2 Trillion (US Dollars.) Seems like a surging economy...not saying he hasn't done bad things which he obviously has. Russians are happy with their leader, with an 86% approval rating. If he makes the people who elect him, happy who are we to judge.

Russia is looking at a massive future economic crash because they trade solely in oil and since America has been flooding the market with oil the value of oil as a trade pillar has diminished. Russia requires oil to be trading at $100 a barrel to balance their economy and it is going to trade next year around $30 a barrel. Putin has promised he is going to make deep cuts to the russian economy as he will not borrow money and Russians are not going to be happy about it, there will be social cuts and job layoffs in any sector touched by the government (a lot).

I know it doesn't fit the narrative you built up in your head but those are the facts and no, basing your entire economic structure around the trade of one thing is not going to end well for Russia.

10+ Year Old Account

Fair enough. More than doubling your GDP in 10 years would definitely make everything seem a lot better internally.

Of course I have to wonder why Russia couldn't get their oil exporting act together earlier, and why they haven't made more efforts to diversify their economy.

Also, unlike the cartoon I posted in the other thread about the US president not really controlling our economy, Russia's government is very deeply entwined in their largest companies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Rather discuss the crazy english stuff that has popped out in your own country now.
    Feel free to, nobody is stopping you

Here is what is happening.

1: trump is controlling the narrative. He is pushing his opponents to either take up uber extreme stances to be " more Republican" or go against his opinions and seem liberal.

2: The tea party minority that has been pandered to all this time are now his puppet. The Republicans set themselves up to be hijacked.

3: His stances are not actually as extreme as the media makes it out to be. They just don't like him and being very liberal it is obvious that "No immigrants from Muslim nations until we can vet properly" will be heard as "ban all brown people"

He will not win, but he is setting real precedence for some good to happen. The Republican party will either die or be forced to come back to being moderate and stop being fucking extremist deniers of everything. Also, Independents will see that they have a real shot at breaking this two party monopoly that we are stuck with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.