Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    At least its consistent and contained. Whats happening now is chaotic hell on earth anarchy. ISIS is doing much worse than Saddam.
    Contained? Tell that to Kuwait. And you seem to be forgetting the period between 2008 and 2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's actually kinda hard to engage in resource rape without building infrastructure and employing locals in a fashion that's better than what they're currently up to. I suspect that any 21st century iteration of it would come with a much higher level of humanitarian effort than what's historically been the case. I'd wager it'd have more success than the various idiotic Jeffrey Sachs programs. I mean, if you're going to do paternalism, at least try to be competent.
    And have adequate paths to citizenship, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I dont like that he gives passive aggressive lectures...that everyone else calls speeches are petty the office should be above that kind of behavior.

A lot of Americans pinned their hopes on Obama not fucking things up.
    Some did so because he was black, others because he seemed intelligent to them.
    And regardless of what the causes are of anything bad that happens, whether it's his fault or not, as the figurehead, he'll be blamed for it.

That's basically it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Majority leader in every country where there is a financial or less than prosperous period always faces this type of criticism. I would be surprised if people didn't dislike him since policies in such times were choices have to be made are never those of the popular kind.

Think it's even worse in the US due to a two party system what means the opposition tries to put all the blame on one side, where if there are multiple parties in power you often seeing one taking the blame on the issue, another explaining it better why the majority decided for it and another acting reluctantly to cooperate, it allows for better theater basically and that makes it somewhat easier for the general population not directly effected to swallow it.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    It's actually quite sad he can't run again.
    Pretty sure you are not living in the US.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmollster11 View Post
    Let me give you some real reasons why so many folks dislike Obamain no particular order)
    1) lack of experience- he was the least experienced person ever when elected. Whether you like him or not, he had literally NO business or political experience. He had been in the Senate for less than 1 year.
    2) lack of military knowledge or commitment to defense - the #1 responsibility of the government (all governments) is safety of it's citizens. Obama doesn't make anyone feel safe
    3) change to US Healthcare - US had/has the best healthcare in the world. Period. No discussion. He gave healthcare to a marginal few, but caused substantial hardship on far more than he helped.
    4) economic growth - his lack of business knowledge and how the US economy works has been a huge problem. He has done virtually nothing to stimulate growth, but has imposed numerous regulations on business to slow growth
    5) climate change - shut up about it. Half the world doesn't even believe that man-made climate change exists, and the other half doesn't care. Virtually nobody is worried about what may/may not happen in 100+ years.
    6) progressive - our founding fathers left Europe for a reason. We don't want to be like them now. There is not one country in Europe worth emulating, but Obama is trying to make us like the Europeans.

etc
    Funny, for all the whining you American's do about "making America safe", you sure as fucking hell don't have any intention of making is safer internally. Yeah, spending money on a military to protect you from what exactly? When was the last time China, North Korea or Russia attempted to invade your country or launch missile strikes on American soil? Oh wait, that threat hasn't existed for decades, and quite frankly none of them have the balls to do it anyway and just keep posturing with idle threats, something North Korea especially, has been doing since the fucking Cold War. You should be more worried about all the fucked up citizens and potential ISIS supporters in your country than you should be about external threats right now, because those are more likely to cause more damage than any of your enemies. But hey, you idiots don't want gun reform to get guns out of the hands of those who are unstable and potential terrorists. Your military isn't going to protect you from internal threats until it is too late, that much has been proven time and time again the last several years.

Funny, Europe is so much more well off than America is that it's almost sad. At least Europe has manufacturing jobs still (especially Germany), and they haven't squandered the livelihood of their citizens by sending their jobs to shit holes like India, Pakistan and China in order to save a few bucks (cheap, fat and lazy, the holy trinity that defines America today), something America so willingly has been doing since the 70's. Your own arrogance as a country makes you blinded to the stupidity of those that have been running it for decades now. If Obama was so bad trying to emulate Europe, why is it that combined, Europe doesn't have nearly the economic debt that the USA has? It's cute how you so openly support a country with the worst human rights violations of any modern civilization in Saudi Arabia, but are so fucking quick to condemn ISIS, Syria, Hamas, Iraq and Afghanistan for trying to institute the same ideologies with their governments through outright war.

I suggest you actually think long and hard about the stupidity that you just posted, because it is some of the most blind, arrogant and downright illogical pile of crap I have read on these very forums.

Deleted
    I like your current president. He seems smart and informed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'll ask again, what do they call an army that occupies a country without permission?
    Its called necessary. Especially if its the only way to keep their residents safe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Yet our military actions keep resulting in total fucking catastrophe. it's almost as if people don't wnat foreign troops in their country killing people? WEIRD?
    Because our limp wristed presidents always pull out before the job is done. We havent finished a war since WW2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nope, peacekeepers are invited by the country, not asked to leave like we were. Want to try best of three?
    People dont always know whats best for them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfover87 View Post
    Pretty sure you are not living in the US.
    Does it matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Because our limp wristed presidents always pull out before the job is done. We havent finished a war since WW2
    The comparsion with WW2 is dishonest you have to understand that germany and Japan were a credible threat because they were your peers technological and organisational to a large extend you didin't marsh into a failed state without central authority and neither were they nations merely hold together by an opressive authoritarian dictator.

You think afghanistan or iraq are compareable to pre WWII Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Mostly because he's not who he claimed to be in the elections.

He promised Hope and Change, doing things differently in Washington DC. Then he came into power, and started business as usual. He turned out to be firmly an establishment president.

The right hates him because he campaigned as a populist, which is terrifying when it's not your sort of populism. The fact that when he came into power, he didn't rule like a populist doesn't change the fact that the right continues to view him through that lens.

The left hates him because once he did get into power, he was ineffective in bringing about the change he promised. Worse, he turned into an establishment authoritarian who not only did nothing to cut back on the civil liberties violations begun by George W. Bush, but doubled down on them by further empowering the national intelligence apparatus and the drone strike program.
    This is the only answer worth reading.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Funny, for all the whining you American's do about "making America safe", you sure as fucking hell don't have any intention of making is safer internally. Yeah, spending money on a military to protect you from what exactly? When was the last time China, North Korea or Russia attempted to invade your country or launch missile strikes on American soil? Oh wait, that threat hasn't existed for decades, and quite frankly none of them have the balls to do it anyway and just keep posturing with idle threats, something North Korea especially, has been doing since the fucking Cold War. You should be more worried about all the fucked up citizens and potential ISIS supporters in your country than you should be about external threats right now, because those are more likely to cause more damage than any of your enemies. But hey, you idiots don't want gun reform to get guns out of the hands of those who are unstable and potential terrorists. Your military isn't going to protect you from internal threats until it is too late, that much has been proven time and time again the last several years.

Funny, Europe is so much more well off than America is that it's almost sad. At least Europe has manufacturing jobs still (especially Germany), and they haven't squandered the livelihood of their citizens by sending their jobs to shit holes like India, Pakistan and China in order to save a few bucks (cheap, fat and lazy, the holy trinity that defines America today), something America so willingly has been doing since the 70's. Your own arrogance as a country makes you blinded to the stupidity of those that have been running it for decades now. If Obama was so bad trying to emulate Europe, why is it that combined, Europe doesn't have nearly the economic debt that the USA has? It's cute how you so openly support a country with the worst human rights violations of any modern civilization in Saudi Arabia, but are so fucking quick to condemn ISIS, Syria, Hamas, Iraq and Afghanistan for trying to institute the same ideologies with their governments through outright war.

I suggest you actually think long and hard about the stupidity that you just posted, because it is some of the most blind, arrogant and downright illogical pile of crap I have read on these very forums.
    You seem troubled by the USA. I wonder why you have so much pent up rage against it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    People dont always know whats best for them.
    Unless you are suggesting you need big brother to tell you what is best for you, the above is a strange thing to say.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Funny, Europe is so much more well off than America is that it's almost sad. At least Europe has manufacturing jobs still (especially Germany)...
    The EU's per capita GDP is about two thirds of the United States. No sizeable European nation is even close to the United States for per capita production. Germany's closest and is still about 12-13% behind.

It's weird how effective certain strains of propaganda have been in convincing much poorer, much less productive countries that they're doing great compared to the United States.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trolls and probably a racist might say because of his ethnicity but in reality he is just a real bad president overall of course that could be personal opinion. He in my eyes is also a coward and just at times "Soft" which is why some people want someone like Donald Trump simply because he has no filter, says what he wants, and obviously does what he wants. No one wants a President that is passive and a coward, but no one wants a reckless moron who will embarrass us either.

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    He'd win the presidency if could run again.
    I like Sanders, but I'd probably give Obama the vote, honestly. I don't think he's a bad president, and as long as that remains true then I think he would deserve to stay in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Trolls and probably a racist might say because of his ethnicity but in reality he is just a real bad president overall of course that could be personal opinion. He in my eyes is also a coward and just at times "Soft" which is why some people want someone like Donald Trump simply because he has no filter, says what he wants, and obviously does what he wants. No one wants a President that is passive and a coward, but no one wants a reckless moron who will embarrass us either.
    The perception that Trump is somehow not soft is puzzling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The perception that Trump is somehow not soft is puzzling.
    Its funny while this thread goes on in the tv/cinema section
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...aid-of-Bear(s)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    All of your reasons are subjective and not objective, which just causes the "trolls" to assume that it's based on race... The way to avoid the "trolls" is to be objective, otherwise they are as open to assume the reason for your opinions, as you are stating them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi