Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysaurusrex View Post
    Could be a good idea for a cosmetic glyph.

And for all we know, it could just be an active or passive ability on the Artifact weapon. "Imp crits have a chance to convert your next Shadowbolt into Soul Fire increasing its damage and causing it to generate 2 Soul Shards" or something.
    That would be an interesting idea. Or if say demo does get dreadlords (please please please) the dreadlord uses soulfire as its ranged attack. I mean... we should have dreadlords right... if we are master summoners?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Wah wah no more metamorph, lets cry because change is bad.
    Soulfire never really felt like demo spell imo, more like a destruction spell.
    I don't care about Meta...never liked it...what I don't like is losing everything that was affected by the green fire quest. Basically means besides a cooler mount skin Demo and Aff get nothing from doing it...like I said basically leaving Destruction the only class with any real noticeable changes from green fire.

Things may change but I'm just going by what I know in WoD and what I've seen so far about Legion...

Why is Soul Fire a Destruction spell, because it's fire?...Going by that then shouldn't Demo and Destruction swap Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire?

I mean if Destruction = Fire, Affliction = Shadow dots, and Demonology = Shadow and Demons...

Why does Destruction get both Shadow damage abilities and Demons?
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2015-12-23 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Why is Soul Fire a Destruction spell, because it's fire?...Going by that then shouldn't Demo and Destruction swap Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire?

I mean if Destruction = Fire, Affliction = Shadow dots, and Demonology = Shadow and Demons...

Why does Destruction get both Shadow damage abilities and Demons?
    Because all Warlocks do. But it isn't a focus for Destruction. It's part of what makes you a Warlock instead of just a crazy fire mage.

Also, Soul Fire is not a Destruction spell in Legion. It's removed from the spell book entirely.

Abyssals are also affected by green fire, BTW. Not sure if Infernals are, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, since Soul Fire is gone, what does Demo have for Green Fire? (Besides pets)
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Deleted
    Hopefully the portals might get a green hint when summoning the pets

I do feel they need to find a way to include green fire quest for affliction and demo, it's virtually a useless reward for 2 out of 3 specs.

I don't even know why they've gone the route of making specs one dimensional.

Warlocks used to be about mixing shadow and fire magic. Mages had access to the three schools and borrowed from each.

It's what made the classes whole, borrowing from several elements.

Now they pigeonholed each spec into this compartmentalized version, I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    As it stands currently in the alpha it seems that the only spec that gets more than a new mount skin would be Destru...which sucks for a random drop that was farmed heavily...I can't speak for it now but I know those rare spawns were farmed a lot when I was hunting for my copy during MoP.
    a new mount skin?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably a Green Fire Dreadsteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    a new mount skin?
    I'm fairly certain he just meant the current green dread/felsteed mount skins that are already in game.

Just create a minor glyph to change visual of shadowflame talent(or just rename talent and visual ).
    if we're lucky, blizzard will include some spells (Shadowflame, hand of Guldan and impusion) with green fire.
    * Personally I prefer to change some afliction spells to(drain soul maybe) but ... ONLY fire spells can change...

Please, people, instead of just complaining in here, where no dev reads, make sure to bring this crap up on twitter to the likes of Celestalon, WoWdevs, and Muffinus on Twitter.

I doubt devs are going to listen anything, read it or not, till they reach the spot they have in mind for Demonology...

IMHO, they figured out this choice will bring a lot of confusion, so they won't listen anything about it, but just try to drive the spec to a new spot of gameplay, then, when they will be satisfied about the main changes they have made to make Demonology a whole new way to play the Warlock class, they may start to consider players opinions on what can be done to tune it better....

Before that happens, all we can do is to hope the gameplay they are building have space for suggestions and a solid lore to support the involvement its spare but hard community have loved throught these years.

I'd absolutely love for it to come back as a Destro spell since it suits it more. It was one of my favourite spells in the game until they butchered it.

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    I'd absolutely love for it to come back as a Destro spell since it suits it more. It was one of my favourite spells in the game until they butchered it.
    Soulfire was supplanted by Chaosbolt for Destro, so unless they revamp the spell there's not much sense with having two equivalents of Pyroblast, that's just redundant.