Page 1 of 24
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does the EU want UK out

Do you believe EU want UK out?

Deleted
    I don't think they do, we are one of the strongest economies in the EU, if we leave, the Northern states have to bear even more of the weight, but I wouldn't blame them if they did want us out, we really need to stop this half in half out nonsense.

Only so they can get the US in.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    We want EU out.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Feels like everyone wants to get out of EU. So who cares if you are still there

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do you believe EU want UK out?
    No, we just don't like them trying to cherry pick benefits and then turn their backs when it's time to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No, we just don't like them trying to cherry pick benefits and then turn their backs when it's time to contribute.
    That's funny, considering we're among the top three contributors. In fact, were it not for Thatcher negotiating the UK Rebate, we'd probably be vying for first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    That kind of depends.

Some people in the EU want us out, perhaps even the heads of some of the less powerful EU nations, but the EU as a body and the major players don't.

We are the second largest economy within the EU, behind Germany and just above the Frogs, we have an experienced and mature financial sector, to the point that we pretty much are the EU's financial sector. Whilst we may be a pain in the arse, often the less powerful nations need us to stand up to Germany, even France on occasion needs us.

Overall the EU is beneficial to the UK and the UK is beneficial to the EU, even if sometimes it doesn't feel that way.

I know I do.

They get enough exceptions as it is, now they're trying to blackmail once again. I say either you're in or you're out. There's the door. Good luck!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    There's the door. Good luck!
    Thanks, bon voyage.

Deleted
    Wait

isn't it usually the other way around?

i'm pretty sure the UK is not very fond of EU and have many times talked about wanting to opt out

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Thanks, bon voyage.
    Send me a card!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think alot of people do, they seem to see us as an over-privelleged whining island wanting more and more things. Although i'm sure if discontent in any other EU country was as apparent as it is among the British public, perhaps they too would be seen as demanding and seeking special treatment.

I would like to think we could stay in the EU, but it just seems too corrupt and things seem to have spiralled since we joined. I think we should try a Brexit, there ARE successful countries that exist outside of the EU, but there are pros and cons to leaving and staying. We'll see I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    I think alot of people do, they seem to see us as an over-privelleged whining island wanting more and more things. Although i'm sure if discontent in any other EU country was as apparent as it is among the British public, perhaps they too would be seen as demanding and seeking special treatment.

I would like to think we could stay in the EU, but it just seems too corrupt and things seem to have spiralled since we joined. I think we should try a Brexit, there ARE successful countries that exist outside of the EU, but there are pros and cons to leaving and staying. We'll see I guess?
    Staying is vastly better for the UK than leaving, e.g. we'd still be subject to EU regulations if we wanted to trade with them and we'd have little to no say in what those regulations entailed.

Staying with improved terms is even better.

Deleted
    De Gaul was right. The UK should never have been allowed in the EU.

no they dont. There is literally no reason for the EU (as in the actual goverment) to want that. If they wanted them out, they would just say No to everything on the "what the UK wants changed" list, instead of trying to talk about it.
    Not even the UK goverment wants out. Which is why they send that list, so that they can say to their people, that the EU listens to them and they dont need to quit in the referendum next year.

Now its just a matter of how much the EU wants the UK in and what they are willing to give up for it. We will see.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Wouldn't be all too surprised at anti-UK sentiment in the EU, Cameron's current round of brinkmanship is pretty offensive. I'd say I was looking forward to it all blowing up in his face but the consequences are too dire for it to be funny.

Deleted
    Think most want UK to remain in the EU. Problem is the constant half in / half out and not commiting. Would prefer having 3 countries manage EU rather 2

Hmf...The one thing that the EU wants from the UK that I believe that they have so far said no to; conversion of the british sterling to the Euro.

No, not really. They both benefit from each other.
    But I do think it would be interesting if they streamlined their disproportional amount of exceptions and asterisks.