Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Guess you never saw any alien movie.
    Xenomorphs dont eat humans.
    they don't?

Deleted
    Guess YOU didn't see any alien movie. Xenomorphs consider human brains to be a delicacy, especially in the 1st and 3rd movies where there was no queen to require human hosts for eggs.

Deleted
    Go watch Alien 3 again buddy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Go watch Alien 3 again buddy.
    That is an Alien born from an animal (either dog or cow depends what version you see)
    It moves differently and is smaller then the others it is ever adressed in the movie that is why it kills because of its animal features it took from its host.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Guess YOU didn't see any alien movie. Xenomorphs consider human brains to be a delicacy, especially in the 1st and 3rd movies where there was no queen to require human hosts for eggs.
    Movie 3 yes (see above).
    first movie it only kills the ppl that are a threat to him

crew member in the first movie
    Ellen Ripley: alive
    Dallas Arthur: captured by the alien (not dead)
    Joan Lambert: killed by the alien reasons unknow might be because of the situation with Parker pretty sure she would had the same future as Dallas and Brett wothout the Parker attack)
    Samuel Brett: captured by the alien (not dead)
    Ash: robot
    Dennis Parker: Killed after he attacked the alien
    Gilbert Kane: death by alien burst.

(so where ppl see brains flying in the first movie?)

---

Now in the 4e movie brains are flying but hell crappy movie and next to that are they even xeno's in it after they cloned a queen with human dna.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2016-01-30 at 10:28 PM.

False

The Directors cut of Alien has a scene where Ripley finds Brett and Dallas cocooned to the wall, implying that they are impregnated.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    That is an Alien born from an animal (either dog or cow depends what version you see)
    It moves differently and is smaller then the others it is ever adressed in the movie that is why it kills because of its animal features it took from its host.
    OK. But it's a xenomorph. It eats people.

Alien 1: a random space monster eats random idiots.
    Alien 2: many random space mosters eat many idiots.
    Alien 3: one random space monster eats random idiots.
    Alien 4: many random space monsters eat many random idiots.
    Alien 5: how did it come to the fact that a random space monster ate some random idiots.
    Alien 26: All out galactic war between space monsters and idiots.
    Alien 30: The galactic war now involves Old Gods and the very Universe is at stake.
    Sounds like Alien 30 is made by Blizzard, good to know they finally get into making Movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Well, the synopsis is about David...so she could go off adventuring on Paradise-Planet n come back in the movie that comes after?? Or she won't return at all? How can you replace her??

Currently Noomi Rapace is shown as being cast as Shaw in Covenant. I'm confused, didn't Scott say she wouldn't be back? Typically if it's rumoured it will say, and it doesn't here.

Also the synopsis has me worried they are just going to kill her off right away.

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world -- whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition

Deleted
    Game over man, game over

http://www.thewrap.com/danny-mcbride...ant-exclusive/

Danny McBride to Join Michael Fassbender in Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien: Covenant’ (Exclusive)

MOVIES | By Jeff Sneider on February 10, 2016 @ 3:47 pm

The “Eastbound & Down” star is in early discussions to join 20th Century Fox’s blockbuster sci-fi movie

Following a hilarious run as Kenny Powers on HBO’s “Eastbound & Down,” Danny McBride is preparing to move from comedy to sci-fi, as he’s in early discussions to co-star in Ridley Scott‘s big-budget blockbuster “Alien: Covenant,” TheWrap has learned.

Michael Fassbender is reprising his role from “Prometheus,” and he’ll be joined by Katherine Waterston as the series’ new female lead.

The director’s company Scott Free is producing the tentpole for 20th Century Fox, which like McBride’s representatives, declined to comment.

Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

While “Prometheus” grossed more than $400 million worldwide, “Alien: Covenant” is expected to launch a new “Alien” trilogy that will link “Prometheus” with Scott’s original “Alien” movie.

The film is a major coup for McBride, as not only will it allow him to show off more of his range as a performer, but he’ll also have a chance to work with Scott. Like the director, McBride is a true cinephile, and the duo are said to have hit it off while discussing old movies.

McBride is bringing his new HBO series “Vice Principals” to SXSW, and his distinctive voice will be heard in two of Sony’s animated movies — “Angry Birds” and “Sausage Party.” He also has the indies “Don Verdean” and “The Legacy of a Whitetail Deer Hunter” on the horizon.

McBride is represented by CAA and Hansen, Jacobson.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This can't be serious, is it? I was already upset that they weren't picking up where the last movie ended, now Danny McBride is joining the cast? Don't get me wrong, the guy can be great.... but in Comedy movies.
    Well, this movie might be like Aliens, more of an action sci-fi maybe? Then he would fit in as Hudson did in Aliens, (why i said "game over man"

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-02-11 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Prometheus...shoot me.

It might have had some dumb scenes but its a movie. Enjoyment first, interject science second.

Correct me if I am wrong but I though the Engineers were at war with the Predators and thats why the Engineers originally created the Xenomorphs. I don't know, I've only seen the movies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I liked Prometheus...shoot me.

It might have had some dumb scenes but its a movie. Enjoyment first, interject science second.

Correct me if I am wrong but I though the Engineers were at war with the Predators and thats why the Engineers originally created the Xenomorphs. I don't know, I've only seen the movies.
    There's some comic book series that involves engineers n predators "fire and stone" but I haven't read it...

I came across this on twitter today though, some new upcoming comic
    http://www.scified.com/news/first-lo...th-1-cover-art
    http://bigcomicpage.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/13.jpg

doubt engineer can bully those marines like he did with the other hoomins in Prometheus movie..or maybe he is forced to ally with them??
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-02-12 at 02:22 AM.

Meh, Danny McBride is ok and it's called acting for a reason. Even if he just ends up as the token comic relief dude or part of a pair of dudes like every single Alien movie has had.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Aliens was awesome despite the fact that it had some really bad actors, such as, for example, Michael Biehn. I doubt Danny McBride can bring the new Prometheus down. I think what brings it down, if anything, would be that it would shit on the legacy of Alien even more than the first movie did.

Prometheus gets hate because the writing generally was not good and really suffered from the "sequels to explain shit" aspects. However, Fassbender was brilliant. As was Idris Elba and Benedict Wong. It was visually awesome, the whole landing sequence is masterful scifi filmmaking made even better by the great soundtrack and sound editing throughout. The AvP movies and Resurrection did far more damage to the Alien legacy than 50 Prometheuses ever could
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Prometheus gets a lot of flack but honestly I fucking love that movie. Ridley Scott just hits a chord with me. I liked it more than Interstellar which got a ton of praise.

I didn't mind prometheus I think ppl have a problem with it because the crew are simply morons. I'm going to assume that the stasis during the trip fucked them up and they all lost about half their iq's. then the whole movie makes perfect sense.

mainly though i think it just falls into that sort of you already know whats going to happen, problem. the pacing is off, the climax with the ship ramming suicide its just felt extremely contrived. it was nice to get a prequel to the alien franchise though god knows i've watched those movies so many times.

I liked the old AVP2 game quite a lot for the extra dose of alien lore (I really enjoyed the 3 way story), there were more types of aliens in that and you actually got to know the difference or variance in the black aliens, since there isn't just a one size fits all but scouts or drones and bigger soldiers and praetorians. in the movies you don't really see those subtletys. for example the alien in alien 3 isn't a drone or a soldier but a runner. but there has been much cross over and diluting going on with the movies in the last 15-20 years, not sure that is going to get any more concise though. last i heard the next alien is gunna take place after the second one.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2016-02-15 at 05:14 AM.

Deleted
    A bunch of actors added, don't really know who they are...

Written By Enoch333 on 2016-02-26 10:10:09

Casting for Ridley Scott next Alien movie and first "real" prequel to original Alien is almost complete. Deadline and Hollywood Reporter officialy confirmed that following actors joined Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Danny McBride, and Demian Bichir on new Alien movie; new cast members include: Billy Crudup, Jussie Smollett, Amy Seimetz, Carmen Ejogo, Callie Hernandez and Australian actor Alex England. Noomi Rapace involment on this project is still unknown and remains a mystery. Only one month left untill filming in Australias Fox Studio and possibly in New Zelands locations such as Fiordland, Milford Sound and Aoraki national park... There is still room for a few more actors to join this project and maybe Rapace involment is gointg to be clarified. Who knows, maybe we ll see some big names pop up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prometheus was garbage, so i hope they can make something better for a sequel.
    Hi

Deleted
    Written By Enoch333 on 2016-02-28 06:34:22
    http://www.scified.com/news/breaking...-august-4-2017

20th Century Fox have announced that Alien Covenant will be released in cinemas on August 4, 2017 which is two months earlier than previously reported! The news comes from BoxOffice.com, a portal which often posts exclusive movie information. Fox had previously announced Covenant’s release date as October 6, 2017 but it seems that things are going well for Alien: Covenant and it certainly looks like Fox is confident about Ridley Scott’s sequel to Prometheus which served as a story about the origins of the well known cinema monster, the Xenomorph, and as we saw in Prometheus this story could very well be the ultimate story of existence of life in universe.

This Sci-Fi movie will likely be deeply veiled with philosophical, religious and mythological motifs and could become a cult movie of SF genre and bring new dimensions to the story of perfect yet deadly mysterious creature whoms story of origin could in fact be the story of fall of human spirit and omnipresent battle of two confronted sides as in Milton’s “Paradise lost” which ideas and motif will in some extent play in the Alien: Covenant storyline.

Paradise Lost, the original title for the movie suggested that connection with Milton’s epic, and its change to Covenant also suggest that specific motifs from Paradise Lost about Gods covenant with Adam and Eve (fallen humans) could very well have impact in the overall story. Ridley Scott in his movies always explored metaphysical ideas ofimmortality, of existence, of God and of death, so we can expect great things from Alien: Covenant, and we hope that it will surpass fan expectations. From what we can speculate, it certainly seems good by now, with the only problem with Ridley’s movie being an incoherent story. Ridley and Fox have noted that they need to develop the story with great care and this statement can be confirmed by the fact that movie has been written for almost 3 year with participation of three very good screenwriters who are very much familiar with the Alien universe. Fans want original horror and well developed and compelling characters, and Ridley always strived to tell grand philosophical story of the universe and of human nature represented through the Alien monster, can he succeed to create the movie that will bring all those elements together?