Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And at least half of them are probably going to die due to their own stupidity, how much you wanna bet? That other 48% will die out of sheer bad luck of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Deleted
    Ah well, guess I'll just watch it for Fassbender, loved him in Prometheus.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Its actually more refreshing when an ending has many people surviving instead of the cliche lone survivor trope.
    Yet it's a genre defining tool that seems to work well at the box office, especially with the Ripley/alien series.

Personally I didn't like Prometheus that much, vastly prefering the orginal movie from 1979. From what I've seen from the upcoming one it seems they are going back to the roots, which to me seems good.
    Last edited by Waynhim; 2017-02-22 at 11:26 AM.

Will be fun to watch James Franco and Danny McBride both in this one, they been in alot of comedy movies together before.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    James Franco as Jesus? c:

A 4 min prologue. Shit, now I am emotionally attached to this crew whom are going to die horrifically.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new prologue
    Damn, Ridley Scott so has a fetish for space truckers. He's just rehashing the same scenes from Alien and Prometheus. A dull effort to build up the crew, just for them to make decisions that will ignore all this character building.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Damn, Ridley Scott so has a fetish for space truckers. He's just rehashing the same scenes from Alien and Prometheus. A dull effort to build up the crew, just for them to make decisions that will ignore all this character building.
    This time they are space colonists, not space truckers.

Think they made that pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    It was less about the actors and more letting Blomkamp have a crack at it, I think most of his works rock solid.
    Wasn't Blomkamps Alien supposed to be a sequel to Aliens(1986) as well? Was some time since I read about it but I got that impression. That excited me a ton, since I think Alien is a solid movie, but Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time basically. The sequels after that are definitely not to my taste, which made me very excited for "starting over" just before the franchise turned bad (in my eyes).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    This time they are space colonists, not space truckers.

Think they made that pretty clear.
    Then why is Ridley trying so hard to make his colonists look like space truckers. He just can't help being derivative of his own work. The cowboy hat called back to Nancy Cartwright's character wearing cowboy boots. Space colonists sure like complaining about space food just like space truckers did.

Why go through the trouble of building them up as colonists... when no one in the room knows the heimlich maneuver or other basic first aid? Since this is a Ridley Scott joint, can only expect them to make more hairbrained decisions. "A toast...Everyone on Earth would like to thank you all for taking exceptional mission... and being really bad at it."

If Ridley is going to crib his earlier film, he should just spik to the part were they wake up. Spare everyone the needless back story. In those 4 minutes alone I couldn't pick out a likeable character, hoping now they all get eaten.

looks like an ok movie.... at best
    the forced humor is beyond awful...
    this reminds of Predators, when Adrian Brody fought the predators ... ugh that was awful !

i will see this movie, but I hope that the 4 minute trailer isn't a taste of the 2 hour movie that will come as a result...

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    this reminds of Predators, when Adrian Brody fought the predators ... ugh that was awful !

i will see this movie, but I hope that the 4 minute trailer isn't a taste of the 2 hour movie that will come as a result...
    Yea that movie was bad in so many ways lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Cant wait to see this movie, getting more hyped with everything i see from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post

it's not a trailer I think but some viral clip, made by Ridley's son and not him, won't be part of the actual movie it seems

it's kinda like the TED talk vid before Prometheus came out and those mass-produced(?) David droids, though they were a lot better than this Covenant prologue...

In the Predators, apparently those Predators are out-casts (Bad Bloods), the scum of Predator society, which explains maybe why they are so shabby..

Agree with Grace on a lot of things, except the "food ain't that bad" joke, it was just awful...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

A 4 min prologue. Shit, now I am emotionally attached to this crew whom are going to die horrifically.
    the opposite for me, I'm rooting for the Xenomorphs after this

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    it's not a trailer I think but some viral clip, made by Ridley's son and not him, won't be part of the actual movie it seems

it's kinda like the TED talk vid before Prometheus came out and those mass-produced(?) David droids, though they were a lot better than this Covenant prologue...

In the Predators, apparently those Predators are out-casts (Bad Bloods), the scum of Predator society, which explains maybe why they are so shabby..

Agree with Grace on a lot of things, except the "food ain't that bad" joke, it was just awful...

- - - Updated - - -

the opposite for me, I'm rooting for the Xenomorphs after this
    I didn't say they were good emotions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I didn't say they were good emotions.
    I wonder if David is salivating "go get them my minions, REVENGE!"

They shouldn't have made fun of him...darn humies!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    it looks idd that they do the star wars thing and take alot of stuff that worked from the old movies and put it in in another way or form but since the other movies.
    Insted of re-makes we get re-merger of old films.....curse that film making and advertising campaign are so expensive, that they do not dare to move beyond the already beaten track.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    James Franco is the Captain? Oh lordy...

Still kinda confused with David in that recent scene. Is this another model? Cause I was under the impression that they would go to the alien world, and the original David was like, ruling it or something?
    Another model based on David. I think they'll be a few scenes in the movie in which this new model interacts with David.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    James Franco is the Captain? Oh lordy...

Still kinda confused with David in that recent scene. Is this another model? Cause I was under the impression that they would go to the alien world, and the original David was like, ruling it or something?
    It's a new dr0id, named Walter. I know...sounds like a butler!
    I guess he is a friendlier dr0id, kinda like Bishop was as opposed to Ash

I really just hope the xenomorph stuff in this movie is really cool. It makes Resurrection watchable for me and that's a pretty bad movie. I love the Aliens franchise but I'm keeping my standards low since I wasn't a AVP movie fan.