Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

New trailer.

Imma headbutt this window, 'k?

Man, I miss the trailer for the original movie.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Isn't that the plot of every Alien movie?
    Alien was a movie. Then it had a good sequel. Then it turned into a milking franchise.

won't be seeing this

Deleted
    Soooo James Franco isn't anywhere in the trailer for as far as I see.

Grats Franco, you die first.

Deleted
    It looks like Prometheus 2.0 allright

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Then why is Ridley trying so hard to make his colonists look like space truckers. He just can't help being derivative of his own work. The cowboy hat called back to Nancy Cartwright's character wearing cowboy boots. Space colonists sure like complaining about space food just like space truckers did.

Why go through the trouble of building them up as colonists... when no one in the room knows the heimlich maneuver or other basic first aid? Since this is a Ridley Scott joint, can only expect them to make more hairbrained decisions. "A toast...Everyone on Earth would like to thank you all for taking exceptional mission... and being really bad at it."

If Ridley is going to crib his earlier film, he should just spik to the part were they wake up. Spare everyone the needless back story. In those 4 minutes alone I couldn't pick out a likeable character, hoping now they all get eaten.
    Pretty much agreed with all your points.

I know that "last supper" prelude was supposed to be a nod to the classic chestbuster scene, but it felt badly acted and awkward as hell... just like the whole film will likely be.

Grumpy old man signing out.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Pretty much agreed with all your points.

I know that "last supper" prelude was supposed to be a nod to the classic chestbuster scene, but it felt badly acted and awkward as hell... just like the whole film will likely be.

Grumpy old man signing out.
    Ya I'm getting the same feeling of having my childhood film memories defiled ala Crystal Skull.

Just saw the new new trailer that dropped today. It was a total improvement over the 4 min preview, because it had 90% less dialog. Ridley is a master of visual compositions, not so much the exposition.

Except the last scenes where the xenomorph was headbutting into Danny McBride's spaceship. That looked cheap as fuck.

**note to self, never film the xenomorph in broad daylight. It just flushes the illusion down the toilet.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2017-03-01 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    **note to self, never film the xenomorph in broad daylight. It just flushes the illusion down the toilet.

Sorry, just cannot resist this... especially given your choice of words.

Deleted
    beautiful new trailer, if the story sucks then atleast we can have eye candy on the big screen.

Deleted
    It's gonna be just as shit as Prometheus.

Deleted
    The Alien 3 team called, they want their cgi back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    The Alien 3 team called, they want their cgi back.
    ?? I think you need glasses m8.

10+ Year Old Account
    For being the first ever large scale colonization mission there doesn't seem to be very many couples, which seems to go against the whole stated purpose of the trip, let alone the fact that the home world chosen seems to have not been properly scouted/surveyed to avoid putting long term settlements on a world with hostile organisms.

It will probably be explained and given Weiland Corp's history of sending ill-equipped crews into crazy situation all in the name of developing/discovering/harvesting Aliens for their bio-weapons division this makes sense. You would think the crew knowing the stated plan (colonize new world with crew of couples) would have at least picked up on this given they would need like 160 or so people to really have a serious go at sustaining a viable population once there.

All that being said it still looks pretty good and will at least be entertaining. Who doesn't love Aliens killing stupid people!

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I actually really like Prometheus. Though, I did think the story was rushed at the end.

- - - Updated - - -

New trailer looks pretty sweet. I'm more intrigued.
    I cant get over the problems it has. It makes no sense.

Trailers lie. Dont trust them.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Then why is Ridley trying so hard to make his colonists look like space truckers. He just can't help being derivative of his own work. The cowboy hat called back to Nancy Cartwright's character wearing cowboy boots. Space colonists sure like complaining about space food just like space truckers did.

Why go through the trouble of building them up as colonists... when no one in the room knows the heimlich maneuver or other basic first aid? Since this is a Ridley Scott joint, can only expect them to make more hairbrained decisions. "A toast...Everyone on Earth would like to thank you all for taking exceptional mission... and being really bad at it."

If Ridley is going to crib his earlier film, he should just spik to the part were they wake up. Spare everyone the needless back story. In those 4 minutes alone I couldn't pick out a likeable character, hoping now they all get eaten.
    why would colonist like space food? the whole point of colonist is to live and colonize a planet not stay in space. people other then truckers like cowboy hats, who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    For being the first ever large scale colonization mission there doesn't seem to be very many couples, which seems to go against the whole stated purpose of the trip, let alone the fact that the home world chosen seems to have not been properly scouted/surveyed to avoid putting long term settlements on a world with hostile organisms.

It will probably be explained and given Weiland Corp's history of sending ill-equipped crews into crazy situation all in the name of developing/discovering/harvesting Aliens for their bio-weapons division this makes sense. You would think the crew knowing the stated plan (colonize new world with crew of couples) would have at least picked up on this given they would need like 160 or so people to really have a serious go at sustaining a viable population once there.

All that being said it still looks pretty good and will at least be entertaining. Who doesn't love Aliens killing stupid people!
    This could simply be the first ship that is part of larger group, kinda like testing waters to see if colonization is possible. If these guys manage to establish a base and run it, others would surely follow soon. Makes little sense to send entire colony in the first go tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    This could simply be the first ship that is part of larger group, kinda like testing waters to see if colonization is possible. If these guys manage to establish a base and run it, others would surely follow soon. Makes little sense to send entire colony in the first go tbh.
    Also never going to happen to send a large group of ppl first time to a planet.
    I think IRL we are planning a trip for like 4 - 6 ppl to start a colony in a few years on Mars and it will be a one way ticket.

Deleted
    Look at size of ship, could be colonists frozen n stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fresh off the presses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Or it could mean more spaceships would be on the way. They are just the first to arrive.

Could be, maybe they are there to set up base, fly down lots of buildings, machines n stuff
    Last edited by mmocf1aa149946; 2017-03-02 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Fresh off the presses.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/tgEuYum.jpg[img]
    HAHA!

But seriously, anyone took a look at the way this Xeno's hind legs are? Almost like a Grasshopper's. A human based Xeno won't allow for such legs. My guess there were large Grasshopper like beings on this planet, which got facehugged.