Thread: Stoner Sloth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was simply THE MOST uneducated, stupid, idiotic, moronic(you get the idea) ad campaign for the anti-pot crusade I've seen in a long time... The ignorance of some people still never ceases to surprise me. -420/10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    I will not employ a user, tried before after a few hours they were laying on the ground claiming they were dying unless they got something to smoke, then puking in a box. Another wanted me to follow a guy in traffic because he looked like he would sell them weed.

Never came across anyone who smoked and could function properly. But in their mind it makes you better at everything, cures all problems including injuries and illness.
    This. Right here. This is the ignorance I'm talking about... There are NO physical withdrawals from lack of pot. The dude was probably on heroin, being over dramatic, or both. If you've never come across anyone who could function on weed, then you must have only met like 30 people in your entire life. Your head would explode if you saw the recorded statistics of how many people smoke pot per country. It has been PROVEN to be beneficial as a medical substance. Read a book.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I just wanted to share humor.

But even without a single person mentioning they smoke weed or it's effects we have several people shouting how bad it is and the people who smoke it. Who is really worse with pushing an agenda? Smokers or anti-smokers?
    honestly, i think ppl should be able to smoke whatever the hell they want without someone saying 'that offends me' or 'your wasting your life' or some other condescending self righteous shit.

if ppl wanna ignore the research that has been done and hand wave it away as tinfoil hattery then, what else is there to say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

fact is everyone has some sort of vice, thats pretty much unavoidable. but the generalisations that come from ppl, its like they met one stoner they thought was a dick and now, everyone who smokes weed is like that. everyone. noone is any different we are all exactly the same.

sorry but i've had plenty of thoughtful discussion while stoned, only had garbled shit from ppl who are drunk. topped many score boards while stoned, playing fps's, it makes me focus MORE not less. used to heal much better with a joint in me. so as far as gaming goes, i'd call it a performance enhancer. not that that is a good reason to smoke the stuff but if you find yourself frequently miserable then it really helps with that.

I just find it funny that the ppl who are against it always seem to resort to generalisations to get their point across, they don't consume, but they know all about it somehow.

who is pushing the agenda, hard to say, its pretty even, ppl aren't so closed minded as they were while it was being demonized half a century ago. although i do see a large amount of bullshit coming from the anti weed side that amounts to basically, condescension.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-12-19 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Varies from person to person. Some use it after work because their day was shit, others use it to just relax after a busy day. If the person has an addictive personality, then sure.
    I won't get into my personal consumption too deeply because it's my business and mine alone but for me it basically came down to a choice between opiates or marijuana to manage pain. I had an opiate addiction from hospital stays and I refuse to live like that because it muddles my mind all the time. Marijuana makes me lazy but as my pain is at it's worst at night I just make sure I get everything done before I vape (reduces cancer risk). Works well for me, i'm in a healthy position in life, all it takes is some self control but that's true for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I won't get into my personal consumption too deeply because it's my business and mine alone but for me it basically came down to a choice between opiates or marijuana to manage pain. I had an opiate addiction from hospital stays and I refuse to live like that because it muddles my mind all the time. Marijuana makes me lazy but as my pain is at it's worst at night I just make sure I get everything done before I vape (reduces cancer risk). Works well for me, i'm in a healthy position in life, all it takes is some self control but that's true for everything.
    Exactly, I got off it 3 months ago, no problems at all and I'm not thinking about taking it anytime soon because I'm getting tested for something very important in life. I used to use it before bed because it was great at putting you to sleep if you've had too much pre-workout in the gym haha. It's also great when you're sore from a workout the next day. People seriously must mistake heroin/meth addicted individuals for weed smokers. I reckon they're probably doing both because I sure as hell haven't felt any sort of craving or addiction to Marijuana, nor have I had any urges to try something new like Heroin or Meth, no thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    When i clicked on this thread I was excited because I thought maybe they discovered an interesting new species of Sloth.

I was disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Exactly, I got off it 3 months ago, no problems at all and I'm not thinking about taking it anytime soon because I'm getting tested for something very important in life. I used to use it before bed because it was great at putting you to sleep if you've had too much pre-workout in the gym haha. It's also great when you're sore from a workout the next day. People seriously must mistake heroin/meth addicted individuals for weed smokers. I reckon they're probably doing both because I sure as hell haven't felt any sort of craving or addiction to Marijuana, nor have I had any urges to try something new like Heroin or Meth, no thanks.
    that is a good point and i think it hold some truth because when you say drugs, you automatically lump weed in with all that much harder stuff. so in the end you have a stigma around weed that uneducated ppl will simply assume its just as bad for your as the rest.

the actual truth is, there isn't another plant on the entire world that gives the same amount of medicinal benefit. there simply isn't one.

you know i could go off on a tangent about how making nature illegal is about as fucking retarded as it gets. war on nature, yeah gl with that.

i'm just interested to see how the legalisation plays out in the states, i'm wondering how long it will take for big pharma to lobby for it being illegal again. because it will happen, once that money start getting less and less and less because self medicating is 1000s of dollars cheaper..

I just would like to say that, yes doing drugs recreationally isn't great, i would easily admit to having a psychological addiction to weed, but i smoke tobacco anyway, so its a double edged sword for me. i have also not tried to quit, so my bias is exceptional, i don't really have a leg to stand on when it comes to, what is right and what is wrong in terms of taking drugs, if you don't have anything wrong with you then ofc you should just live your life and try to be happy.

except for some ppl life is not sunshine and rainbows all the time, if ppl need justification, ill happily accept that. although to be fair its like anything that can be enjoyable, if you enjoy it you have your reason for doing it, if you don't enjoy it, you have your reason for disliking it and there is no way to compromise there. in closing life is short, try to enjoy it as best you can, with or without the weed.. I just don't like being judged before i've even had a chance to get to know someone.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2015-12-19 at 01:01 PM.

If this is the best defense they could muster against keeping the drug illegal then that's pretty sad. It honestly took me a while to figure out what they heck they were talking about.

I have an idea, they should do another series except replace Stoner Sloth with Alcoholic Koala, and every time the camera would pan to him, he'd just vomit on himself and pass out. Then a doctor could walk into the scene and announce that his chronic abuse of booze has killed his liver and that he is going to die soon.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like the last one with the kids drinking what I can only assume is beer from those red solo cups.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    I like the last one with the kids drinking what I can only assume is beer from those red solo cups.
    Haha! Yea I noticed that too. Can't even smoke weed at an underage keg party without being demonized...