Poll: Second chance at life: Do the right thing or Not?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I was a botter these days I'd bot on a throwaway account and just start over if I got banned. Probably easier to do this if you're a PvPer or a very casual player. People who complain about getting banned are fucking idiots because you should never bot on something you don't wanna lose, you should always expect a ban, and you can easily start over if it happens.

Botted fishing and archaology on some chars, dont regret it, dont hurt anyone. But fuck those kick/fly/rotation bots, you destroy the fun of other people. Like afk'ing in a MOBA, 1 does it, 9 will suffer (at least 4).

The logic behind botting is baffling to me. If a game was so un-fun that I wanted to get a robot to play it for me, I'd just stop playing it.

WoW doesn't even have anything worthwhile you can bot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    If you bot. Serious think about you life. There must be something more usefull you can do in your life then cheating.
    If not I feel sorry for your pathatic life.
    While I agree botting is quite stupid, and I'd never do it myself (as I rather play the game)...but you're going a bit overboard there, bud. You're acting like they are selling heroin to babies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    If I ever make a new toon that I want to level fishing on, I sure as hell will use another fishing bot. Fishing is horrible to level. Easier to just watch something on TV and let the bot do the work for an hour or two for you.
    With garrison fishing daily is easy as hell you don't even have to fish just buy the items of the AH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    The people I know who bot do it while they're out, well, doing more important shit in life. Not saying that I condone botting but it in no way makes someones life pathetic lol. That POV is pretty pathetic to me.
    Hate to say this but botting is hardly a criminal thing to do in life compared to the other horrid stuff you can do. And no I don't agree with it either.
    Both of you are Idiot's, If you know people doing it ( You most likely bot too ) and do it because they are doing " More important shit " they don't deserve to play. " I want to work full time but keep up with the Jones by cheating and becoming a piece of shit " Yeah, Sounds really classy. Botting is still CHEATING
    You cant sugar coat it because " My friend only does it because hes busy " Thats like saying its okay for serious players to do it because " They go to bed " Fucking wake up lol.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    - Coding lines to automate processes is the most addictive thing in a video game for me.
    - I've funded my whole college with Bots for games.

I don't like leveling anymore after doing it dozens of times. I don't like doing BG's while criminally undergeared. Not stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    If you bot. Serious think about you life. There must be something more usefull you can do in your life then cheating.
    If not I feel sorry for your pathatic life.
    Saying someone has a pathetic life over a game is pretty fucking sad, even if they are cheating.

I might have a pathetic life. As a senior IT-mng, making 110.000 USD per year, have 2 kids and a good social life. I love wow, but I have no way of playing it on the level that I want, without some assistance. Yes - I am a cheater, but I don`t care. I get entertainment for my self, and that is all I care about. My wow gaming is more organizing than playing - and I don`t bother anyone. I don`t sell gold, and I don`t buy gold. I don`t do PvP. After 10 years of playing wow - botting is the last thing that makes me give blizzard my money every month, and every expansion.

Why the hell are bot users bragging about their life lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    BE RESPECTFUL. No name calling, and please stop calling eachother out. This thread is not about bragging or ragging.

I'm interested in statistics purely, and if people would do it again or not.

@Musta
    That's probably a 1% chance.

@Det
    While I do agree. I'm curious why Blizzard is still outright refusing most older bans, unless it's that one program.

@Mormolyce
    People have their own reasons. Sometimes it involves addictive personalities, it's too hard to tell. The biggest trend I'm seeing is that people don't want to spend their time preparing just to do menial tasks such as leveling another too for the 35th time, or leveling up fishing/archaeology.

@Reclaimer
    Please be respectful and avoid name-calling, now, with that said, just because someone knows people who bot doesn't automatically mean they are doing it as well. No sugar coating necessary. There are too many striations between serious players and casual players.

@JaizeTek
    Commendable reason, even if it is view in poor taste. It's hard to be upset over someone bettering themselves because of a passion.

@Jijek
    That's where most of these rotation/kick bots are coming into play. I believe it's the same mind-set, and the impact between having gear and not. As a fresh pvp'er the experience is infinitely worse. While it can be considered an excuse, and still not justifiable. The bg grinding experience on a fresh toon against premades is monotonous.

@Count
    Not need to fan the flames. Stay relevant please.

@Epileptica
    Understandable. Having children changes a lot of things, and obviously having a busy life as well. Thanks for the input.

@Shibito
    I don't think it's bragging as it is means of justification. The general consensus is that they're mostly casual and can't play on the level they want, or they're just not that invested into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The logic behind botting is baffling to me. If a game was so un-fun that I wanted to get a robot to play it for me, I'd just stop playing it.

WoW doesn't even have anything worthwhile you can bot.
    Well you're baffled because you're oversimplifying.

Very few botters find the whole game "un-fun" it's just certain aspects of it - often pre-requisites to doing the fun parts - that they find boring. These days WoW might not have much you need to bot but back in Vanilla, TBC, even WotLk to an extent there was plenty of farming requirement.

Uncertain about this poll. The thread title is directed at botters, but the poll includes a choice for those who have never botted (and not surprisingly, its the largest response). What was intended to capture, info-wise?

Appreciate the interest in psychology - that's my degree. But too many choices in poll and one that distorts rather impressively. I think the subject of what botters would do again if given a second chance is an interesting one, but not clearly opened up here to view just their choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to ask my work mate as he was banned during the last ban wave.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

I have botted in the past and never been banned. I have no regrets for doing this at all. For those old players you will remember wowglider, a project that ended up getting sued by blizzard and ceased operation. I did this during the grind that is Vanilla in STV. I always kept an eye on a wow window while watching a movie. The dings also helped alert me when there were people nearby.

One thing that did happen to me and I am sure a GM was watching me was when I was actually playing and got a forced logout with the countdown. Maybe it was the GM or maybe not but I was playing for about 15 hours straight.

I knew a botter who got permabanned years ago. He started a new account, re-leveled all of his toons, and never botted again as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by R0BBiE View Post

1. Would you be responsible with your account now?
    2. Have you moved on? If so, how and where?
    3. Would you continue doing what you did in the past?
    I got PERMA banned in cata for botting, farmed ore in twilight highlands for about 3 days. Played on that account since vanilla. Screw this 6 month or w/e ban they are doing.

1. Yes I would never do it again.
    2.Yes, I have moved on. I made a new account and have many great memories on it, not sure if I would go back to my old account because its been so long.
    3. Same answer as 1. I would not do it again.

bs

Their blue post was BS. 2 guildies of mine were perma-banned, 1st offense, no second chance. One used a fishing bot (which I would think warranted a suspension of some fashion, but not permanent. The other was banned for using a Synopsis (Razor) macro that did 2 commands for 1 key press which is classified as botting. I would think a slap on the wrist would be fine for that. He wasn't aware of that, and was remorseful of using that. They both have appeals in, but what Blizzard said about second chances is horse crap.

Deleted
    @Everyone

Thank you for providing the valuable input, and remaining respectful.

@Aviconus
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. I've heard of quite a few people getting perma-banned for using razer or logitech software. I personally think it's silly to uphold these bans without a warning.