Page 1 of 2
LastLast

best form of unholy to learn?

necroblight or defile/plague leach

now that i got some gear i might try unholy for fun.

You will have to learn the necroblight style for AoE and preferably BoS for ST as it is the optimal playstyle with Legendary Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlor View Post
    You will have to learn the necroblight style for AoE and preferably BoS for ST as it is the optimal playstyle with Legendary Ring.
    im mostly doing mythic dungeons right now. still need to get a weapon from tanaan for my unholy set, as i have full 700 ilev frost.

not very serious, just wondering which would be easier to learn

Necroblight is probably the most important one to learn since you can use it on nearly every fight to a decent use, BoS is good to learn once you are comfortable with necroblight. Defile is behind both

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    Necroblight is probably the most important one to learn since you can use it on nearly every fight to a decent use, BoS is good to learn once you are comfortable with necroblight. Defile is behind both
    Thought the word was defile us decent since the buff... great for 5 mans if that's what you are doing now outside of raid
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Necroblight is very user friendly. BoS has a much steeper learning curve, but it puts out more damage in single target IF you can keep it ticking for 35+ seconds. I'm still fine tuning my BoS use, so I'm using Unholy necroblight in cleave and AoE and sticking to DW Frost on single boss raid encounters. When I have downtime, I play with BoS on a dummy or in LFR until I'm proficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieleros View Post
    Necroblight is very user friendly. BoS has a much steeper learning curve, but it puts out more damage in single target IF you can keep it ticking for 35+ seconds. I'm still fine tuning my BoS use, so I'm using Unholy necroblight in cleave and AoE and sticking to DW Frost on single boss raid encounters. When I have downtime, I play with BoS on a dummy or in LFR until I'm proficient.
    This. If you don't average 35+ second Breaths as Unholy you'll be better off with Defile for single-target.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    This. If you don't average 35+ second Breaths as Unholy you'll be better off with Defile for single-target.
    Trolling?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Trolling?
    I'm pretty sure he's talking as if you are soaking, use ERW & are a Blood Elf for Arcane Torrent, you can do 33-35s BoS on a few fights provided you play perfectly (and in a lot of cases get good rng on soaking), outside of that don't expect to see anything outside of 20s~. I personally can only pull this off on IR if the Flame Patches don't spawn out of Melee range due to the tactics my Guild uses + I'm long beyond caring about begging my RL to get some meaningless ranks which mean nothing.

Unless I'm misinterpreting (which I have a tendency to do) something and he means total uptime in a fight (i.e. 35 seconds over two uses which is quite easy to do), then ignore me.
    Last edited by mmoc2233da4339; 2015-12-22 at 10:57 PM.

Deleted
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-12-23 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephostopkek View Post
    (...)Unless I'm misinterpreting (which I have a tendency to do) (...)
    You just didn't catch the /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Trolling?
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Thought the word was defile us decent since the buff... great for 5 mans if that's what you are doing now outside of raid
    No good Unholy DK should be using defile when raiding. There might be an argument for it in the 5 mans at some level. I play with BoS in those to burn down bosses quickly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krieleros View Post
    (...) more damage in single target IF you can keep it ticking for 35+ seconds. (...)
    Please read this. It's not very difficult to get better results with BoS than you would with Defile; Those calculations give a bunch of different advantages to defile, but yet it's still easily beaten.

Deleted
    defile is SIQ AS FUCK on Assault, which is the hardest boss in HFC.

Personally I'm a fan of the Crouching Ghoul Hidden Sindragosu form but sometimes I like to mix in Shadow Gnaw or Fevered Geist just to throw off my opponents.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2015-12-23 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas7074 View Post
    Assault hardest boss in HFC Confirmed.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2015-12-23 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andreas7074 View Post
    defile is siq as fuck on assault, which is the hardest boss in hfc.
    no bully!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Personally I'm a fan of the Crouching Ghoul Hidden Sindragosu form but sometimes I like to mix in Shadow Gnaw or Fevered Geist just to throw off my opponents.
    I'm glad someone made a joke like this here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas7074 View Post
    Depends on your raids ilvl, I couldn't get the full Defile duration even on the toughest adds since our guilds gear level is through the roof.

I'm just frost for everything atm. I feel like everything dies too fast for Unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I'm just frost for everything atm. I feel like everything dies too fast for Unholy.
    Um, what? Things dying faster favors Unholy more :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Um, what? Things dying faster favors Unholy more :P
    The Christmas Kappa is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxz19 View Post
    The Christmas Kappa is strong with this one.
    It's not sarcasm; faster kill times make BoS stronger and thus increase the difference between Frost and Unholy.