Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    It's not sarcasm; faster kill times make BoS stronger and thus increase the difference between Frost and Unholy.
    I don't have the trinket from Maidens and I don't have any votes on ring usage. Playing with BoS is a miniscule upgrade for me only on a couple fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    I don't have the trinket from Maidens and I don't have any votes on ring usage. Playing with BoS is a miniscule upgrade for me only on a couple fights.
    It still preforms quite highly without the maidens trinket, as for the ring usage I'm guessing you at least know at what time it's getting popped? Like if it's on the pull and then at 3mins just save your breath until then. Unless your raid is going full yolo on the ring popping it at the most random times, breath will still beat out othe alternatives, especially as the fight length decreases.

As for being a "miniscule upgrade on only a couple of fights" it just sounds like you need more practice.

My issue is most fights my guild pops the ring almost immediately and I cannot get my RP up fast enough to utilize the first ring...does everyone have this problem and just waits for the second ring usage to use BoS or? I am definitely more comfortable with frost, but would love to start using BoS unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    My issue is most fights my guild pops the ring almost immediately and I cannot get my RP up fast enough to utilize the first ring...does everyone have this problem and just waits for the second ring usage to use BoS or? I am definitely more comfortable with frost, but would love to start using BoS unholy.
    On Iron Reaver, Kormrok, and Arc (and Manno I guess after progression), those would be the fights I really worry about using BoS. Other then those I don't bother and usually use NP. Oh well, won't rank as good, but I'm used to being designated to be most of aoe damage as is so that's my "roll" more so then taking Breath to do meager single target.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    On Iron Reaver, Kormrok, and Arc (and Manno I guess after progression), those would be the fights I really worry about using BoS. Other then those I don't bother and usually use NP. Oh well, won't rank as good, but I'm used to being designated to be most of aoe damage as is so that's my "roll" more so then taking Breath to do meager single target.
    You should absolutely use BoS on Fel Lord Zakuun, Socrethar, and Tyrant Velhari as well. Council/Gorefiend are arguably BoS fights as well at this point.

BoS feels good on almost every fight except Assault now, assuming your raid comp has great AoE outside of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    You should absolutely use BoS on Fel Lord Zakuun, Socrethar, and Tyrant Velhari as well. Council/Gorefiend are arguably BoS fights as well at this point.
    Yes, I know that. I was merely listing the fights where you are doing pre-soaking which makes it easier to line up with instant-popped ring. Even explained that yeah, I'll rank less but it's not like that actually matters.

Yes, I know that. I was merely listing the fights where you are doing pre-soaking which makes it easier to line up with instant-popped ring. Even explained that yeah, I'll rank less but it's not like that actually matters.
    While true rankings don't matter, helping your group down the boss quicker and more efficiently should always be a goal IMO. Not sure how most other guilds do it, but for mine where I am the ring controller, I can get a decent breath even with a ring on the pull. (still a MASSIVE gain over NP)

Something along the lines of:

1. Gargoyle - On Pull
    2. Outbreak - While running in (depends on the range)
    3. Ring - Once I reach the boss
    4. Fester
    5. Fester
    6. Scourge
    7. Scourge
    8. Breath
    9. Follow Priority

On some you can also get it off earlier thanks to nice AMS soaks (like the pillars spawning -3secs after pull on Zakuun, P1 Debuff on Socrathar) and I've also heard of some guilds resetting bosses to let raid members build up RP/Shadow Orbs and the like. (Sadly can't convince my guild to do this) Other options might be when your guild resets the boss for a cool down popped on trash, instead of just hitting it and booking it build up some RP quickly and hopefully some of it will still be up on the pull.

Or you can pay a warlock and some frands to summon you from the HFA cannons (Please don't do this)

Quote Originally Posted by LenytheMage View Post
    While true rankings don't matter, helping your group down the boss quicker and more efficiently should always be a goal IMO. Not sure how most other guilds do it, but for mine where I am the ring controller, I can get a decent breath even with a ring on the pull. (still a MASSIVE gain over NP)
    You missed the point entirely again. I don't bother with switching to Breath as like I said above, I'm usually designated to be most of the aoe damage of the raid so that we don't have people like rogue's (whom have solid aoe but MUCH more solid single target then us) needlessly wasting their damage. Delegation of rolls.

You missed the point entirely again. I don't bother with switching to Breath as like I said above, I'm usually designated to be most of the aoe damage of the raid so that we don't have people like rogue's (whom have solid aoe but MUCH more solid single target then us) needlessly wasting their damage. Delegation of rolls.
    Or.... you missed the point entirely?

Killing bosses in less attempts because people are playing there role correctly helps everyone.

There is no AoE to be lost on Zakuun, Tyrant or Socrathar.
    So there is no reason NOT to run breath on these fights. It's better even if played poorly and no one else would have to change anything, it would just HELP your group.

As for designation of roles, it entirely depends on your comp.

Like on Archie (something you listed as a possible BoS fight) there are dogs that can easily be taken care of by a single UH DK running NP and some random passive cleave, keeping other raid members on there full ST specs. But, on most other fights (besides say Gorefiend) you can play BoS and no one will have to change specs. The adds on most fights melt with 10IL buff, making any prolonged AoE that your NP can provide next to useless compared to the AoE burst BB provides.
    Obviously your group may not be like this, but it still doesn't excuse not running BoS on fights practically made for it.

I dunno, I guess 'usually' means I always forgo using Breath and never use it on those fights. Of course, it's the internet so technicalities are the pleasantries of newcomers.
    When it's progression yeah, make an effort to use it cus it's a lot better single target there. Afterwords, if you don't wana bother and your guild is overgeared? Do whatever. Unless you want to rank you don't have to take Breath on farm bosses.

I guess not caring about ranking is rare to people as well.

Deleted
    the 0.5 seconds a boss dies quicker due to a dps dk using breath over np makes a big difference.

100% srs

Quote Originally Posted by Zephostopkek View Post
    the 0.5 seconds a boss dies quicker due to a dps dk using breath over np makes a big difference.

100% srs
    Progression maybe over for you and a lot of others but Breath is a clear winner for a lot of fights and there's no reason why you should gimp your raid by not playing the best available damage option you have.

Or, you know you could just play your DK on fights that require grip and reroll a mage for the fights that don't need a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldvibes View Post
    Progression maybe over for you and a lot of others but Breath is a clear winner for a lot of fights and there's no reason why you should gimp your raid by not playing the best available damage option you have.

Or, you know you could just play your DK on fights that require grip and reroll a mage for the fights that don't need a DK.
    It's not the best option we have, depending on your raid setup. In many cases, yes, but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    necroblight or defile/plague leach

now that i got some gear i might try unholy for fun.
    learn necroblight first, even though its not the best single target, it won't make much of a difference unless your doing mythic. if you have to reapply necro plague before blight is off cooldown just make sure you get the stacks back up fast