Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

76% of everything Trump says is a lie

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...misstatements/

PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial.

In considering our annual Lie of the Year, we found our only real contenders were Trump’s -- his various statements also led our Readers’ Poll. But it was hard to single one out from the others. So we have rolled them into one big trophy.

To the candidate who says he’s all about winning, PolitiFact designates the many campaign misstatements of Donald Trump as our 2015 Lie of the Year.
    So much for being the "Straight Talker" in the Republican Race.

I'm just curious how many Trump supporters will still be Trump supporters when they see he's been lying to them the entire time. How many will jump to his defense?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You realize that Polifact isn't cataloguing "everything" that someone says, right? As such, ironically, your post title is a lie

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...misstatements/

So much for being the "Straight Talker" in the Republican Race.

I'm just curious how many Trump supporters will still be Trump supporters when they see he's been lying to them the entire time. How many will jump to his defense?
    Don't worry they will find some way to hand wave it away and say something about the "liberal media".

7+ Year Old Account
    76% lies, 100% shill, 0% surprised.

Probably most of them. Once you build up a political faith in someone or some party it's hard to break it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People will defend decisions that they have already made to the death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Probably most of them. Once you build up a political faith in someone or some party it's hard to break it.
    Somehow politics has evolved into religion, only it's just a tad bit more stupid.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Somehow politics has evolved into religion, only it's just a tad bit more stupid.
    Technically it was packed in there all along, with kings and emperors being representative or equal to gods. Or the influence of ancient sages telling people how to rule the tribe based on superstitions.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperIvXx View Post
    Low quality bait.
    If you say so.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

A politician lied! Someone alert the internetz! Hilary Clinton Truth-O-Meter would be fabulous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You realize that Polifact isn't cataloguing "everything" that someone says, right? As such, ironically, your post title is a lie
    The Donald would call it "Truthful Hyperbole"

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 "well all politicians lie!"

That's what we call burying the lede. Politicians may warp the truth, but none of them have abjectly lied as much as trump. And not about "speculative economics" and other vague crap. He straight up lies about numbers and statistics and tries to make talking points out of them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

This just in. Politicians lie.

Back to you Jim!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    A politician lied! Someone alert the internetz! Hilary Clinton Truth-O-Meter would be fabulous.
    http://www.politifact.com/personalit...llary-clinton/

Looks like a reverse curve to Trump's.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Inb4 "well all politicians lie!"

That's what we call burying the lede. Politicians may warp the truth, but none of them have abjectly lied as much as trump. And not about "speculative economics" and other vague crap. He straight up lies about numbers and statistics and tries to make talking points out of them.
    Worth considering that he might just be a dipshit. I might be wrong, but I think a lot of his falsehoods are things that he has no idea about the truth of one way or the other. That's not really lying, it's just being an ignorant blowhard.

Not exactly an endorsement though.

I thought Donald's big appeal came from the fact that he isn't a politician?

Also:
    PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial.

Deleted
    I think he beats even Putin in the level of plausible deniabillity as not giving a fuck when getting caught redhanded.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/hillary-clinton/

Here you go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy a used car from Donald Trump.