Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Media matters and Daily KOS? BWahahahahahahahah

No one in their right mind thinks they are legit in any way shape or form.
    First two entries in a Google search. I don't give a fuck who or what little website provided the information. But if you want better, there are plenty more; do your own Googling. Bottom line, at this point anyone who tries to bring up the Benghazi scandal, is a retard. Point blank; period dot. Fade to black.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    She's been working on getting all the controversies out of the way early, because the public has a short attention span. People might froth and rabble rabble for a bit but then people will forget about it.
    Hillary being willing to go through hearings is her getting it out of the way early so people forget about it. Ok.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I'll say this for Trump: he's one of a very few honest politicians in the country. Doesn't mean I agree with him, but I think people like the fact he says what is on his mind.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terran333 View Post
    I'll say this for Trump: he's one of a very few honest politicians in the country. Doesn't mean I agree with him, but I think people like the fact he says what is on his mind.
    I honestly don't believe he believes most of the shit he says.

Trump hasn't even started working on Clinton yet, just wait and see. If sanders gets the democratic nomination he is toast very quickly. Sanders is one weird dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Trump hasn't even started working on Clinton yet, just wait and see.
    But Fox News has for 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    But Fox News has for 20 years.
    Fox news plays by the rules, trump makes his own rules.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Fox news plays by the rules, trump makes his own rules.
    Well those two rules are called slander and libel.

You hope trump breaks those?

You are saying he's honest in a thread about him saying mostly lies? Yeah, no.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honesty in the face of overwhelming wrongness isn't that much of a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You are saying he's honest in a thread about him saying mostly lies? Yeah, no.
    Technically, and it might just be the eggnog talking, it's only lying if he doesn't actually believe what he's saying. Otherwise he's just, you know, wrong. Which he is. Fractally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

I thought it was 110%.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...misstatements/

So much for being the "Straight Talker" in the Republican Race.

I'm just curious how many Trump supporters will still be Trump supporters when they see he's been lying to them the entire time. How many will jump to his defense?
    Not that I like Trump, but he's a politician - in American politics, the word politician is synonymous with liar, to the point it's been a running joke for years if not decades.

Not only that, you're now comparing shades of dark grey against each other - all the other Republicans in the field may not have lied AS MUCH, but they're all also liars, and get caught in lies frequently. The Democrats are not at all distinct in this, with the coronated one, Hillary Clinton, having several rather FAMOUS lies under her own belt. As recently as the last Democrat debate where she insisted that Trump's words were being used in ISIS recruitment ads, a position she reiterated even after the liberal leaning fact-checkers came out and said it was an outright lie and she has been unable to actually provide any proof of the claim.

It's kind of like saying swimsuit models purge after eating or professional athletes in the 60s and 70s were on 'roids.

If all of our politicians were paragons of truth, you'd have a point. But they aren't. To the point it's been a joke for years that politicians lie. So you're simply comparing percentages, which tends to mean nothing when it comes to comparing MOST things - since it's not how many lies but rather the magnitude of them (for example, a lie that starts wars where lots of people die vs a lie about if you had an intern under your desk are not equal lies. Except in the cases where they're the same lie so that it does both, I suppose...)

I personally believe Trump is a horrible choice for President - though I dislike most of the others with roughly equal levels of dread (they're all horrible, Dem and Rep, to me, but each for different reasons). But attacks like this are meaningless, which is why they due nothing to dissuade his supporters. He's not really more a liar than his opponents - they're all politicians, and after a certain volume of lies, comparing numbers becomes meaningless - and his "straight talker" persona has nothing to do with the truth. It has to do with not mincing words or pussyfooting around and being politically correct.

...which, if nothing else, he does do. Whether that is a facade or who he really is, I suppose only time will tell - he's held a lot of liberal positions in the past, and does in many ways today. So he's not really even conservative by most measures. Closer to fascist or nationalist, with a liberal flair on a random smattering of issues.

I think most of his support is more a rejection of career politicians and a political class that has become aloof and dissociated from the normal citizenry...it's just odd to be that DONALD TRUMP is who they rally around.

Probably because of his rejection of that political correctness stuff. And the Republican party doesn't help itself by taking control of the Congress and then passing bills that the President wants, including a budget that met all of his policy objectives and got nothing in return other than an oil export ban repeal (because the rank and file conservative voter doesn't care about Big Oil wanting an export ban lifted.)