Poll: Will warlords content dry steak be as long as MoP?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't see a reason not too. The main side-effect is that the last raid always gets some hate while it might not be that bad. Even DS wasn't that bad if you exclude the trash of Ultraxion and I didn't find the last encounter that bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmoz View Post
    If you haven't caught on that content droughts have been the norm the past few expansions, you'll never get it. Duh.
    The question wasn't "will the're be a drought" it was asking if the drought will be as long than the previous one.

I'd guesstimate it will be about as long, maybe about 14 months with a late August / early September release of Legion.

I'm guessing 14 or 15 months so beginning of august or september.

It will be pretty close. Longer or shorter is hard to say. But pretty damn close.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it'll be way longer.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I don't see a reason not too. The main side-effect is that the last raid always gets some hate while it might not be that bad. Even DS wasn't that bad if you exclude the trash of Ultraxion and I didn't find the last encounter that bad either.
    Actually I found the last two really crappy for an epic endboss fight.
    I mean come on it was Neltharion - the god damn aspect of the earth - the betrayer - the creater of the demon soul
    And what do we have to fight? TWICE!?
    Tentacles...
    Thanks for this one..
    I mean the fights were hard but not really engaging
    Ok for credit: After the epic LK hc battle with his whole phase where we are sucked into his blade and meet his fathers spirit and stuff it was hard to meet expactations - but man this just sucked from my point of view

Regarding topic:
    I think August/September for Legion release sounds realistic

7+ Year Old Account
    WOD's content drought has ALREADY lasted 11 months. Remember, 6.0 had nothing to do once you got geared in heroic dungeons except raid. The 6.0 content was good for maybe...2 months max, and I'm being generous there. That left 5 months of no content until 6.2, which also pretty much only had about a week's worth of non-raid content. It's 6 months later now. So it's going to be much longer than MOP's.

It will last almost 2 years since WoD released in november 2014

Blizzard has given us no reason to believer otherwise. So yeah, almost definitely.
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Deleted
    Yes, because WoD had less content to begin with.

This is such bad planning though. Instead of a 13 raid boss released 6 months ago, they could have release 7 back then and 6 new ones last month and the waitvwouldnt have been half as bad. I know watcher already knows this, but it still warrants mentioning.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2015-12-22 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Yes, because WoD had less content to begin with.

This is such bad planning though. Instead of a 13 raid boss released 6 months ago, they could have release 7 back then and 6 new ones last month and the waitvwouldnt have been half as bad. I know watcher already knows this, but it still warrants mentioning.

I believe they do it on purpose. Why? Because they want people to feel the old expansion is "Done" so they can more happily buy the next expansion, so dragging it helps towards that direction, more people clearing everything.

It's the same reason the pre-patches nerf the old expansion so badly. e.g. hard mode Siege of Orgrimmar felt almost like normal/heroic on pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    The question wasn't "will the're be a drought" it was asking if the drought will be as long than the previous one.

I'd guesstimate it will be about as long, maybe about 14 months with a late August / early September release of Legion.
    I was really hoping someone asked "will they are be a drought".

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I believe they do it on purpose. Why? Because they want people to feel the old expansion is "Done" so they can more happily buy the next expansion, so dragging it helps towards that direction, more people clearing everything.
    That would be a slick business plan if they actually got the next expansion out quickly. This drought will be just as long as MoP and they have already lost a spectacular number of players before the drought is half done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayezar View Post
    Sorry, what does "content drought" mean? Is it the time between the last content patch of an expansion til the prepatch of the next expansion?
    If so then: I don't know I'm not really counting the hours of the expansion. Usually I have too much to do and not enough time to get it all finished.
    Hey ion merry Christmas

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it wont be as long, and that we'll get to Legion alot sooner than people think.
    Hi

We've had a content drought since warlords launched though.

The people that blaze through 10% of content then complain were getting loud, there was also a large contingent of people that were really loud about not liking dailies.

Blizz made a bad call, the heavy nostalgia of WOD brought alotta people but the shifting of 10 daily quests to one wholesale apexis daily didnt sit right with people, even though it works out to near the same. Combine that with the quick raid tier pushing and a lack of 5 man content till the timewalking/mythic dungeons and this expac ended up way shorter than the content it actually shipped with would warrant.

So they see the massive drop and they wheel all their design power to beefing up Legion, but this means there's a pause about as long as there was at the end of MoP.

For my money it's worth it to stick around, I already footed the gold to last me well past whenever Legion drops so I might as well stick around. That's the way it rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will take until September to launch, but I can easily see them stretching it until August. Honestly, I would rather have a finished product that a mess like WoD, but that expansion was delayed too, so who the hell knows.

At this point in the game's life, a "content drought" is a non issue for me. Unless you are strictly interested in current endgame PvE, there is so much to do in this game it's insane. Just with PvP alone you could fill several hours per day and never play the same match twice. For someone like me who isn't concerned with progression raiding anymore (I had my share back in Wrath), there are so many rare Hunter pets to find, achievements to complete, transmog gear to farm and the lore master to grind. I'm sure other people feel the same way. Hell, some people just hit max level and do nothing but RP, which does not require new "content" in the traditional sense.

Awesome dry steak. No idea personally I think actually using up all the time till september would be ridiculous but I wouldn't put it past them.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    The better question is probably "Will warlords content drought be as long as the actual warlords content", seems highly likely :/
    This. The game is about to hit a new low. It's a shame they won't be releasing sub numbers any longer, because by July they will likely be sub 2 million.

I'm still not seeing anything in legion that is compelling me to come back. Skipping two expansions would like mean I'd never return.