Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

If a girl lies about her age, whos at fault?

If a girl lies about her age to a guy should he be able to be charged if it turns out shes underage? keep in mind saying he should ask for ID isnt a valid excuse for him being charged as fake ID's are not hard to obtain.

10+ Year Old Account
    i believe most countries would say that the girl is at fault. There is a specific crime IIRC. Although the girl would have to confirm that she lied.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Deleted
    The pedophile 8 year olds don't get an id.

10+ Year Old Account
    But if she is caught wth a fake ID i believe that a confirmation of her lie isnt needed
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    The pedophile 8 year olds don't get an id.
    use your brain here, we obv arnt talking about 8 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it all depends on the situation.

If an obvious 11 year-old tells you she's 16 (or 17 or 18, or whatever the age of consent where you live is), then that's not much of a defense. You can't card her, obviously, but you are still expected to use the available information to draw a reasonable conclusion.

If the age is more ambiguous - for example, if the age of consent is 18 in your jurisdiction, and she's 17 but tells you she's 18, no reasonable person is going to be expected to tell the difference.

If you think that you might be doing something wrong, you can always, you know -- not have sex with her. That is an option, man.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I guess it all depends on the situation.

If an obvious 11 year-old tells you she's 16 (or 17 or 18, or whatever the age of consent where you live is), then that's not much of a defense. You can't card her, obviously, but you are still expected to use the available information to draw a reasonable conclusion.

If the age is more ambiguous - for example, if the age of consent is 18 in your jurisdiction, and she's 17 but tells you she's 18, no reasonable person is going to be expected to tell the difference.

If you think that you might be doing something wrong, you can always, you know -- not have sex with her. That is an option, man.
    you get right the hell outta here with that thinking!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raamul View Post
    Charge the girl with something equivalent to Rape. That's what happens to men who approach underage girls right or vice-versa? She potentially could have ruined someones life by lying about her age.
    Yeah, let's go around charging CHILDREN (because that's the legal distinction being made here, right? That she's a minor?) with serious crimes for making a mistake that a lot of kids make.

Are you fucking for real?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, let's go around charging CHILDREN (because that's the legal distinction being made here, right? That she's a minor?) with serious crimes for making a mistake that a lot of kids make.

Or we(US) could just lower the age down to 16....many states have it at that age.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    i believe most countries would say that the girl is at fault. There is a specific crime IIRC. Although the girl would have to confirm that she lied.
    In theory? Sure, it's all pretty words.

In practice? The men are always at fault.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe there should be no charges on both sides if it was CONSENSUAL sex with the minor lying about thier age. I was a teen once, he'll all of us were, teenagers aren't these innocent 14 year olds, once you reach a second year in high school your innocence of mind is mostly gone.

Old enough to lie to get into an adult situation, old enough to deal with said consequences of said actions. 18 is nothing more than a number, its not when you are your smartests nor when you stop learning. A 14 year old can be just as devious as a 18 year old.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    In theory? Sure, it's all pretty words.

In practice? The men are always at fault.
    Pretty much this ^ because no matter how you present it the onus of all this is always on the man, as some people would have you believe that a woman/girl can do no wrong.

But in the end the most safest way to solve this is avoid any and all situations where you are not sure the age of the woman/girl a case of better to be safe than in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Old enough to lie to get into an adult situation, old enough to deal with said consequences of said actions. 18 is nothing more than a number, its not when you are your smartests nor when you stop learning. A 14 year old can be just as devious as a 18 year old.
    Or you can go for people who actually look like they are 20, not barely 18, that might aswell be 14-18. Take it as a life lesson that people do lie, and can be devious when it benefits them. If someone is so sheltered, that they've never had someone lie to them before, then I'm not saying they deserve it, no-one does, but they had it coming sooner or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If a girl lies about her age to a guy should he be able to be charged if it turns out shes underage? keep in mind saying he should ask for ID isnt a valid excuse for him being charged as fake ID's are not hard to obtain.
    If a man is involved, he is double plus guilty
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If a man is involved, he is double plus guilty
    Pretty much when it comes to women if you're male and within 100 yards you're automatically wrong and the jury will bend you over sideways

Equality Yaya !
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

My understanding so far is no matter what lies the girl says or whatever fake IDs she has, it will always be the guy's fault for sleeping with an underage girl. If true, you'd think the men's right movement would be a little bit more up in arms about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    My understanding so far is no matter what lies the girl says or whatever fake IDs she has, it will always be the guy's fault for sleeping with an underage girl. If true, you'd think the men's right movement would be a little bit more up in arms about this.
    Thats too rapey to touch derailing any issue into rape is easy enough as it stands.

They are.

You do realize that it's just not in vogue for the media to broadcast the MRA, but it is to publicize radfems and their vitriol?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on jurisdiction to my knowledge