Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    My understanding so far is no matter what lies the girl says or whatever fake IDs she has, it will always be the guy's fault for sleeping with an underage girl. If true, you'd think the men's right movement would be a little bit more up in arms about this.
    Have you not noticed all the Mra supports here have left? Now put that wide scale, men are treated like crap in every situation if women are involved. I think at this point inly gay men and trans could get away with the same crap women do.

Clearly it's the guy's fault. Don;t you know we're supposed to have some kind of esp that allows us to tell if women(girls) are of legal age. We're also supposed to be able to tell if their ID is fake
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

if you can prove she lied, either telling you, or using a fake ID then its her fault, sad part is no matter what the mere fact that someone has been reported for rape will follow them for life even if all chargers are dismissed as false.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Old enough to lie to get into an adult situation, old enough to deal with said consequences of said actions. 18 is nothing more than a number, its not when you are your smartests nor when you stop learning. A 14 year old can be just as devious as a 18 year old.
    Oh for fuck's sake.

We don't charge children with mostly any other crime as we would an adult, but we're supposed to charge them for this?
    Why? To protect dirty old men who should fucking know better?

You're unbelievable.

I'm sorry the laws aren't written so that you can fuck kids with impunity.

At fault? Either the guy or nobody, depending on whether the court believes him or not I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Old enough to lie to get into an adult situation, old enough to deal with said consequences of said actions. 18 is nothing more than a number, its not when you are your smartests nor when you stop learning. A 14 year old can be just as devious as a 18 year old.
    Those damn sexy children, preying on poor men!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Pater familias is what our system is build on - don't know about U.S. Is the same. Pretty short , if you didn't think before you acted , you are doomed

Deleted
    The girl is. Why would he be at fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake.

We don't charge children with mostly any other crime as we would an adult, but we're supposed to charge them for this?

You're unbelievable.

We charge them with important crimes in the US. Basically tricking a person into statutory rape is kinda a big crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    If a man is involved, he is double plus guilty
    Not really, if hes 18 and hasnt lied about his age, how is he guilty at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    We charge them with important crimes in the US. Basically tricking a person into statutory rape is kinda a big crime.
    I don't know what world you live in where that's common but remind me not to visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    The girl is at fault obviously, but unless she has a fake id then you'd be pretty fucked because there'd be no way to prove that she said she was underage. Also, I don't think we're talking about 13 year old girls. We're likely referring to 16 or 17 year old girls who get fake ids and sneak into 18 or older clubs or something.

The guy. I don't agree btw.

My friends buddy got out of a prison term because he recorded her telling him a false age. Otherwise it was his word against hers and her parents and he was losing.

His friend text him back the screen cap and saved his ass.

In court , if it's her word against yours and she is in fact a minor , you're going to jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Except it's not. Not literally or figuratively.

It's not an actual crime, nor should it be; the onus is on the adult, not the child.
    What planet are you living on?

Deleted
    Well you can plead ignorance, and hope that you have some form of proof of the underage person trying to trick or misguide. If not, well a lot of laws don't care about the pleading of ignorance, so yeah either the guy needs a good case and proof that he simply couldn't have known and be lucky to go free, or he gets a sentence.

There really aren't that many laws that will let you go free on the merit of pleading ignorance, that this is the one that always gets touted as the greatest injustice, is beyond me.

Oh for fuck's sake.

You're unbelievable.

Yes if it's a 40+ year old guy and a girl that's obviously underage or at least could be and says that she lied about her age I'm pretty sure nobody would care what he had to say

And if it's a guy 19 years old and a girl 17 years old? Not a dirty old man then, and I guess he should of known better too huh? Not every situation involves a 40 year old guy and a 16 year old girl, try to think of every situation instead of going around with poorly veiled attempts at calling people pedophiles.

It's not an actual crime, nor should it be; the onus is on the adult, not the child.
    So what someone under the age of 18 isnt responsible for their actions at all? I agree that an 8 year old killing someone may not be warranted of an adult sentence but a 12 year old. You dont suddenly become aware of shit that your doing is bad when you hit 18, studys say its around when children attend school and see social interactions and reactions, its different for different children but that doesnt mean they shouldnt be charged with an adult crime if its determined if they were full aware of thier actions.

there is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with age.

The thing is that usually the sex is confirmed. The question is if she lied. So if you can't prove she lied and it's confirmed you two banged then you are done.

You are in court charged with statutory rape, which happened. She is not on trial for lying so the onus is on the defense to prove she lied with evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    there is a reason for that and it has nothing to do with age.

The thing is that usually the sex is confirmed. The question is if she lied.
    Isn't that with many rape charges too can't understand the distinction.

Because the claim is not the accusation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeZed View Post
    Yes if it's a 40+ year old guy and a girl that's obviously underage or at least could be and says that she lied about her age I'm pretty sure nobody would care what he had to say

And if it's a guy 19 years old and a girl 17 years old? Not a dirty old man then, and I guess he should of known better too huh? Not every situation involves a 40 year old guy and a 16 year old girl, try to think of every situation instead of going around with poorly veiled attempts at calling people pedophiles.
    Except what you're suggesting here does not happen, because nearly all jurisdictions in the Western world have "Romeo & Juliet Laws".

The exact wording varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but the basic idea is, as long as both parties are over a certain age (usually 14), and within 3 years of one another, statutory rape does not apply.

So in your example, a 19 year old guy and a 17 year old girl would fall under this umbrella, and thus it would not be illegal.

Whether or not it's an actual crime, she's clearly at fault, assuming it's a reasonable mistake. (Believing a 16-year old is 18 is one thing, believing an 11-year old is 18 is quite another.)