10+ Year Old Account

Ashbringer - Model Viewer colour variants

Greetings!

I have noticed that Wowhead has done a sterling job, their model viewer now has updated models and colour variants for Ashbringer! (The flame-touched variants seem bugged at this time to me)

Here is the link: http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc#AkAwECA

(Scroll down, click on Appearances and view away!)

What do you guys think of the variants/colours now you can inspect them a bit closer? I'm loving the standard variants, but the purified and shattered variants also look amazing too! Really not keen on the shadowfallen colours
    Last edited by Cien; 2015-12-22 at 06:58 AM.

Whatinthefuck. Why does the Shadowfallen one have the names War, Pestilence and Famine? O_o Should so be saved for Apocalypse.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldon View Post
    Whatinthefuck. Why does the Shadowfallen one have the names War, Pestilence and Famine? O_o Should so be saved for Apocalypse.
    Because those are the names of 3 of the 4 Horsemen of Naxxramas and the Scourge (Not the Biblical Apocalypse from Revelation),- which are tied to the Ashbringer and Alexandros Mograine, and not to the sword Apocalypse.

Oh and oddly enough, Apocalypse has those exact themes too,- http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc#AiIREQA
    Last edited by Venziir; 2015-12-22 at 12:11 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    Greetings!

I have noticed that Wowhead has done a sterling job, their model viewer now has updated models and colour variants for Ashbringer! (The flame-touched variants seem bugged at this time to me)

Here is the link: http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-calc#AkAwECA

(Scroll down, click on Appearances and view away!)

What do you guys think of the variants/colours now you can inspect them a bit closer? I'm loving the standard variants, but the purified and shattered variants also look amazing too! Really not keen on the shadowfallen colours
    Love it that there is absolutely no blood elf, Tauren or Draenei skins/colours. Not one. They put in Death Knight and Druid themes though!! Terible design choices imo.

With the different models I've come to realize that the standard Ashbringer is damn boring! :P
    It has it's value because of what it is, but really it's not too impressive looking anymore imo.

The purified one is nice and all, but something about it just doesn't do it for me, same kinda goes for shadowfallen, but I guess that's because I prefer a properly holy weapon for a paladin.

For some reason I'm currently really liking shattered though, didn't really expect that. Currently searing shattered is probably my favorite Ashbringer of the bunch.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Love it that there is absolutely no blood elf, Tauren or Draenei skins/colours. Not one. They put in Death Knight and Druid themes though!! Terible design choices imo.
    Purified Red version looks extremely Blood Elven.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Purified Red version looks extremely Blood Elven.
    Except it's called "Titan forged". Where is Sindorei? Sorry I'dd have to disagree, I will admit the colour scheme is definitely the closest but overall looks completely Titan style.

For the record Blood Elf style:

Gold, Red, Black, Fel-Green sometime a little light blue.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Except it's called "Titan forged". Where is Sindorei? Sorry I'dd have to disagree, I will admit the colour scheme is definitely the closest but overall looks completely Titan style.

For the record Blood Elf style:

Gold, Red, Black, Fel-Green sometime a little light blue.
    ... Did I say that it was called Sin'dorei? Nope, I did not, I said it *looked* Blood Elven, which it does. Oh and Fel Green hasn't really been a part of the Sin'dorei colour palette since the whole Sunwell "incident".

Deleted
    ... Did I say that it was called Sin'dorei? Nope, I did not, I said it *looked* Blood Elven, which it does. Oh and Fel Green hasn't really been a part of the Sin'dorei colour palette since the whole Sunwell "incident".
    Did I say you said it was Sindorei? Nope! I was asking in general to Blizzard, where is the Sindorei theme? I actually agreed with you and said it looked the most Blood Elven.

Doesn't change the fact that they made no effort to accomodate any other paladin races. Just because they stuck red on a titan themed one doesn't cut it imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    With the different models I've come to realize that the standard Ashbringer is damn boring! :P
    It has it's value because of what it is, but really it's not too impressive looking anymore imo.

The purified one is nice and all, but something about it just doesn't do it for me, same kinda goes for shadowfallen, but I guess that's because I prefer a properly holy weapon for a paladin.

For some reason I'm currently really liking shattered though, didn't really expect that. Currently searing shattered is probably my favorite Ashbringer of the bunch.
    yeah im really loving the shattered ones too which i didn't expect, shadowfallen is just icky

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did I say you said it was Sindorei? Nope! I was asking in general to Blizzard, where is the Sindorei theme? I actually agreed with you and said it looked the most Blood Elven.

Doesn't change the fact that they made no effort to accomodate any other paladin races. Just because they stuck red on a titan themed one doesn't cut it imo.
    You litterally typed that you disagreed with me.........

Deleted
    The "Flametouched" appearance is the Blood Elven one, and the "Shattered" one is the Draenic. Well they don't scream Blood Elf or Draenei, which is a good thing, but the racial influence is definitely there. Their backstories describe them as so too, after all.

For the Flametouched:
    Lady Liadrin has embraced the holy flames of retribution, and she believes it is the only way to defeat the Legion.
    For the Shattered:
    Vindicator Boros understands well the marrying of the Light with other magical forces. You need to wield something they wound never suspect.
    All Ashbringer's alternate backstories are shown in the feature overview video (1:30):

I'm glad we didn't get a tauren themed appearance but a DK-ish!
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2015-12-23 at 03:20 AM. Reason: added video

Deleted
    You litterally typed that you disagreed with me.........
    Disagree it looks "extremely" Blood Elven. Agree it is the most blood Elven looking solely because of the red.

A fan of the Purified "Heart of Gold" skin and colour. Fits perfectly for a Human paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    A fan of the Purified "Heart of Gold" skin and colour. Fits perfectly for a Human paladin.
    thats my favourite too

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    All Ashbringer's alternate backstories are shown in the feature overview video (1:30):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llx_QLjXPco?t=1m30s
    For those not twitchy enough to pause it:

Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I still REALLY want a white fire version of the flametouched. Like a holy fire. That would be the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I still REALLY want a white fire version of the flametouched. Like a holy fire. That would be the win.
    Is it just me, and maybe it's just alpha, but do all the Paladin artifacts and the Tier look considerably low res compared to the rest of the artifacts and tier shown already? The finer details look cloudy or muddy while on the others they seem sharp and pop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    For those not twitchy enough to pause it:

i guess my friend was right, magni is coming back after all

I can't find any place that will let me get a good look at the flaming ashbringers that aren't the red one =( I want to see the blue as well as the gold one.