Templates in duels

templates have been confirmed to not work in duels .. WHY ?

it shouldn't be that hard to do .. just like pvp talents .

please ? i want to duel with the prefixed stats just like it is with arenas and BGs .. i don't wanna have to wargame for that.

---

if activating templates in duels is hard .. maybe we can get some sort of gear from a vendor that gives us stats copied from templates and with the same effects as instanced pvp .. something that works like tournament gear .. and only works for duels .. just an idea.
    Last edited by Blezius; 2015-12-24 at 06:50 AM.

Probably because of potential exploits. a pair of freshly levelled characters could just be in a duel to boost their stats while killing things in the world for example.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blezius View Post
    templates

What feature is this? Do you mean the PvP Talents?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What feature is this? Do you mean the PvP Talents?

fixed stats that blizzard can change to balance things without affecting PvE

all instanced pvp will have this feature to balance things except duels and wpvp

not having this feature in a pvp environment cause unbalance .. that's why i'm asking for it in duels

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    Probably because of potential exploits. a pair of freshly levelled characters could just be in a duel to boost their stats while killing things in the world for example.
    things like this can be fixed easily .. just make it so that fixed stats won't work against mobs ..

or making it so that you're unable to hit anything other than an opponent in a duel

Deleted
    Ah, yes. Well in that case there's been a blue post about this. It should still be in the front page.

things like this can be fixed easily
    I love it when people say things like this. You know that for a fact, do you? You've got a comprehensive understanding of how the engine works on WoW? You've got an in-depth understanding of their design limitations because of that engine?

Duelling using templates or not is down to Blizzard, and they'll have a good reason for not having it implemented. Either they don't want to, or they can't (at this time). Now, asking for it is one thing, but saying; "That'll be easy to do" is just nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I love it when people say things like this. You know that for a fact, do you? You've got a comprehensive understanding of how the engine works on WoW? You've got an in-depth understanding of their design limitations because of that engine?

Duelling using templates or not is down to Blizzard, and they'll have a good reason for not having it implemented. Either they don't want to, or they can't (at this time). Now, asking for it is one thing, but saying; "That'll be easy to do" is just nonsense.
    that'll be easy to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Ah, yes. Well in that case there's been a blue post about this. It should still be in the front page.
    huh ? i don't see it

the point of this thread is to ask for them to make it enabled for duels .. they haven't talked specifically about why it won't be implemented for duels

huh ? i don't see it

the point of this thread is to ask for them to make it enabled for duels .. they haven't talked specifically about why it won't be implemented for duels
    Because they are only enabled in specific zones. Since duels generally happen outside of these zones, you're not getting the templates. The game also isn't designed around duels, so Blizzard isn't going to expend much effort to change that.

Deleted
    huh ? i don't see it

Looks fun!Will stat nullification(reallocation) activate upon entering pvp combat in open world or only in instance pvp?

Only in instanced PvP.

Seeing as how it is not instanced pvp which functions under a different system and duels are world pvp.... as which they said functions differently from instanced pvp. This all makes perfect sense.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    that'll be easy to do.
    That is a big statement. They already explained gear is in the same array as the main bag and banks, I can only assume how they calculate damage. I don't see this happening. Even if their engine is well optimized for this, it is hard to do at best and most likely easily exploitable.

Duels don't even matter. Blizzard has never balanced the game around 1v1, or even 2v2. They've only balanced pvp for 3v3, 5v5, RBGs, etc.

Deleted
    they can't srsly ruin duels after 11 years..

Legion is supposed to improve pvp, what we get is more half-assing apparently. Fix one thing, break another.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    restrict it to the popular dueling areas then, Elwynn, Durotar, Dalaran Sewers

I don't even like dueling that much, but this is a pretty stupid change....

One of the biggest utilities for Dueling is getting used to specific abilities of the class you are against, and how to manage your cooldowns against them. It lets you practice specific situations, and train yourself effectively, in a focused manner. Not using the same template that is active in the entirety of the rest of the pvp game completely invalidates this, and in fact, makes dueling completely detrimental to you, since it would be teaching you the wrong things.

The PvE equivilent of this would be like if the only training dummies where based on level 1 critters...... Or if Proving Grounds' test to see if you are ready for Heroic Dungeons involved pet battles....

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is easy to do than explain how to do it.

Having it all the PvP Stats & PvP Talents in Instanced PvP is easy to do. To have the game jump back & fourth between PvE & PvP Stats maybe not be as easy or the Engine could prevent it.

Now the PvP Talents is possible to happen.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2015-12-22 at 08:04 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    i agree that it would be easy to give templates to duels.

But i think it will actually be fun to have pregression in Duels and World PvP.
    If you want the prestige and honor to be strong you will have to farm legendaries, trinkets, enchants and gear from arenas.

It will be a mini game to the World PvP and Dueling community

It will NOT be fun if PvE have the best set bonus for PvP...i'm only worried about that.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-22 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    they can't srsly ruin duels after 11 years..
    They haven't given a crap about them for the last 11 years. I don't think they care.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    They have stated time and time again that they don´t balance around duels. The feature exists for the fun of it but its not something they want to encourage. Also technically speaking I bet its more complicated than just flicking a switch.

Balancing this game is an impossible act that Blizzard some how manages to do in an agreeable way (not saying its perfect but I sure as hell would like to see all the forum trolls give it a go to see what they make of it). Decoupling PvP from PvE is something they have been hinting at for years and they have finally done it. Hope it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    If it is easy to do than explain how to do it.

Having it all the PvP Stats & PvP Talents in Instanced PvP is easy to do. To have the game jump back & fourth between PvE & PvP Stats maybe not be as easy or the Engine could prevent it.

Now the PvP Talents is possible to happen.
    it's already confirmed that pvp talents work in duels and wpvp .. that's why i though the stats would be easy too .. maybe i'm wrong but that's not the point.

i just want blizzard to know that people want this change .. if they feel it's hard to do and say that then no one is going to complain .. but until then i'll keep asking for it .

duels are really important for me to practice 1v1 situations and i'm pretty sure alot of people are like me .

and for the people that say the game is not designed around balancing 1v1 .. i never said i want balance .. i just wanna practice 1v1 in an environment that is similar to arenas/bgs same numbers,skills and gear.
    Last edited by Blezius; 2015-12-23 at 02:22 AM.

it's already confirmed that pvp talents work in duels and wpvp .. that's why i though the stats would be easy too .. maybe i'm wrong but that's not the point.
    Changing stats has different implications, though. First, it's a different system than talents. Second, it might well reduce your stats, while talents always add on top of what you have.

That gives you both technical and design issues with doing this. Add duels not really being a design goal for Blizzard, and you quickly end up with even considering the issue not being worth the effort for Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Changing stats has different implications, though. First, it's a different system than talents. Second, it might well reduce your stats, while talents always add on top of what you have.

That gives you both technical and design issues with doing this. Add duels not really being a design goal for Blizzard, and you quickly end up with even considering the issue not being worth the effort for Blizzard.
    i just had an idea ..

what if they gave us a vendor that sells gear with the same stats as the templates ? so at least when you want to duel someone you can pick the one that is wearing this set so it becomes pretty much the same as instanced pvp stats .. pretty much like tournament gear.

it might have some flaws regarding pve but there can be ways to fix them.