Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

The reason us Canadians and Americans are happy

Water. Glorioius fresh water.

The reason any country is happy is by ignoring those who aren't well off, ignoring injustice and death.

Happiness comes from delusion.

What human could genuinely be happy knowing that whilst they get their 4th gaming system for Christmas, 2 blocks a way someone is struggling to get their first meal for the week.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    The reason any country is happy is by ignoring those who aren't well off, ignoring injustice and death.

What human could genuinely be happy knowing that whilst they get their 4th gaming system for Christmas, 2 blocks a way someone is struggling to get their first meal for the week.
    just stating facts, not completely ignorant of the world.

I'm pretty damned happy and I only have two gaming systems.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Water. Glorioius fresh water.
    Tell that to California....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Things that happen thousands of miles away to people I don't know kind of lack emotional salience. This isn't "delusion". I'm aware that bad things happen. It just doesn't resonate.
    No one in my town is struggling for food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    almost spit out the water I was drinking on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Canadians maybe, but aren't parts of the US like drought central?
    I think you're thinking of California. Oregon (A hop, skip and jump north of Cali), specifically Central Oregon is currently under 3 feet of snow and it gets even worse the farther into the cascades you get.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2015-12-22 at 11:53 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wish anyone to be starved for water. That's an inalienable right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Things that happen thousands of miles away to people I don't know kind of lack emotional salience.
    Yes - the natural state of delusion that keeps most of us happy.

No one in my town is struggling for food.
    You do realise what delusion means don't you

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I don't wish anyone to be starved for water. That's an inalienable right.
    Technically you thirst for water, not starve.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yes - the natural state of delusion that keeps most of us happy.

You do realise what delusion means don't you
    I certainly do:
    de·lu·sion
    dəˈlo͞oZHən/
    noun
    an idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.
    There are people in awful circumstances around the world. That's unfortunate, but I suffer no delusions about it.

There are not people who are starving in my city (with the exception of eating disorders). This is also not a delusion.

7+ Year Old Account
    If that were the case my country would be the one of most happy countries in Europe maybe thats the reason we keep ending up in the top spots of happiness.
    Last edited by Karamaru; 2015-12-23 at 12:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arizona Bay (Chronosynclastic Infundibulum)
    just stating facts
    Not a fact though, because here in So Cal, we have NO fresh water. All of our cemeteries and parks are brown because of water regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I think you're thinking of California. Oregon (A hop, skip and jump north of Cali), specifically Central Oregon is currently under 3 feet of snow and it gets even worse the farther into the cascades you get.
    It's raining as we speak in So Cal, doesn't mean were not in a drought.

http://www.oregonlive.com/environmen..._cities_t.html

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...officials-say/

Even Seattle was struggling apparently.
    Last edited by Rumfoord; 2015-12-23 at 12:09 AM.
    "....but the Universe is an awfully big place. There is room enough for an awful lot of people to be right about things and still not agree...."

And that's my problem why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They'd have water if their gov put an end to the rich watering their massive lawns, ancient water rights, crops grown where they shouldn't be etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

I certainly do:
    Then you realise that the idea behind delusion is that one wouldn't be aware of it.

I'm not criticising you - this is a generally normal human behaviour.

If you live in a small town with a few hundred people - then it is possible no-one is struggling for food. In any significant city - guarantee you there are people struggling for food.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    For most people it isn't their problem - that's where the delusion comes in. The fingers in the ears, the head in the sand ... what I can't see isn't my problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arizona Bay (Chronosynclastic Infundibulum)
    It's not, it's a problem for those who actually care for their species on a "human" level.

They'd have water if their gov put an end to the rich watering their massive lawns, ancient water rights, crops grown where they shouldn't be etc.
    We'd probably have water if people realized that So Cal is basically a desert, and that golf courses and grass lawns do not belong in deserts.
    "....but the Universe is an awfully big place. There is room enough for an awful lot of people to be right about things and still not agree...."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ones that don't base their happiness on other people?

There are starving people all around the World, doesn't stop me from enjoying a delicious restaurant meal.

Then you realise that the idea behind delusion is that one wouldn't be aware of it.

I'm not criticising you - this is a generally normal human behaviour.

If you live in a small town with a few hundred people - then it is possible no-one is struggling for food. In any significant city - guarantee you there are people struggling for food.
    You've claimed there's people within two blocks of me that can't get food, which is abject nonsense. When someone says stupid shit, I'm inclined to tell them that they're saying stupid shit.

don't forget making water desalination plants.

we have the technology, fucking use it.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.